It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle - Obama Birth Cerficate dispute thrown out of court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Seattle - Obama Birth Cerficate dispute thrown out of court

seattlepi.nwsource.com

SEATTLE -- A King County judge has thrown out a lawsuit challenging Barack Obama's qualifications to be president.

The secretary of state's office says Superior Court Judge John Erlick dismissed the lawsuit on Monday.

It claimed Obama's U.S. citizenship was in question, saying that could make him ineligible for the presidency. The plaintiff, Steven Marquis of Fall City, claimed Obama may have been a citizen of his father's native Kenya, or became a citizen of Indonesia when he lived there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Can anyone find any further information on this. I would like to know the judge's reasoning for throwing it out. Apparently this just happened today at some point. Was anyone following this particular lawsuit?

Is there any news on the suit in Hawaii's supreme court today?

This is all I can think of to say about this. I'm just looking for more information.

seattlepi.nwsource.com

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Probably for the same reasons they threw the case out in Philadelphia!

There's a thread going on about it now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe they gave the reasons in the article that is in that thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i like how it states as a fact Obamas birth and citizenship right after the fact...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
i like how it states as a fact Obamas birth and citizenship right after the fact...

Yeah, most articles are doing that. It goes back to the ol' addage that if you say something often enough, people will believe it.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PinealGlandThoth

Oh, you have evidence that it's not a fact?

Please, let us know what that is.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

Can anyone find any further information on this. I would like to know the judge's reasoning for throwing it out. Apparently this just happened today at some point. Was anyone following this particular lawsuit?

Is there any news on the suit in Hawaii's supreme court today?

This is all I can think of to say about this. I'm just looking for more information.

seattlepi.nwsource.com

I was given a website link and called the guy; 610-662-3005. ASK him about the lawsuit and HOPE he does not get all mad like he did to me. I personally think the guy is a loony toon myself. He snapped and showed me a LOT of his character. I will leave it at that. OH, his number was ON the website, so not like it was hidden.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Obama has not provided any evidence to the public nor to the courts. He has only conveniently provided evidence to factcheck.org does that not raise red flags?

I'll save you and the others the key punching since it is all that is parroted on the citizenship threads by the Obama crew that conveniently once again fail to admit the major discrepancies of a website funded by an organization that Obama and Ayers served together on: "Obama already showed his CoB to the non-partisan Annenburg funded factcheck.org "insertlinkhere."

Did I save you guys some work? Insert the non-partisan Annenburg comment that has no interests in Obama or Ayers or his citizenship. Annenburg has given the maximum donation plus an endorsement to McCain. Did I save your tired fingers from all that repetitive typing in their defense?

Anyone understand politics or critical thinking yet? If these two chumps are the best America can do I fear the next 4-8 years. Every candidate's slogan for every city, county, state, and country all over this world has been "change you can believe in." Nothing has ever changed for the better nor will it.

The majority of the two party groupies will be back in 4-8 years telling the rest of the country that they are sorry for electing their candidate into the highest office in this country. Just like the Bush supporters.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If anyone had some serious strategy, they would attempt to bring forth a Civil Suit in a Conservative sector of the Nation. So far, all of these cases have been brought forth in Liberal regions. Seattle? Next to San Francisco, they are one of the most likely Court Systems to vindicate Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This whole posting probably needs to get moved to breaking political news.

I just found an article on the Seattle case and I'm shocked that the judge ruled that THE SECRETARY OF STATE in WA cannot require proof of citizenship.

I was under the impression that is the job of the Sec. of state to verify citizenship if there is a question about it. Guess that's not true - atleast not in WA. www.tri-cityherald.com...

Obama must be hiding something because this birth certificate issue is really becoming an issue. Do doubt it is going to hurt him some on Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree. Why are you hiding it if youre legit?
Only reason to hide it is if hes lying.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sorry fellas this is one of the many Obama topics you're not allowed to ask questions about or even speculate on.

It's pretty funny you can't ask a Presidential candidate to prove he's a U.S. citizen. Maybe in 4 years Arnold Schwarzenegger will run!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I love how the lawsuit states that Obama MAY be a citizen of Kenya or Indonesia.
Hey, I MAY be the pope! McCain may be a Reptillian. Would a lawsuit claiming that McCain MAY be a Reptillian go anywhere?

Originally posted by Satanlike god
Obama has not provided any evidence to the public nor to the courts.

Do you have proof that Obama hasn't shown his papers to the courts, Congress, the State Department? Do you have proof that he's not provided evidence to the proper authorities?

Yeah, no one ever answers that one...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you have proof that Obama hasn't shown his papers to the courts, Congress, the State Department? Do you have proof that he's not provided evidence to the proper authorities?

Do you have proof that he has??

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

The proof that he HAS is evidenced by the fact that he's running for the President of the United States. Nobody in Congress, the Senate, The RNC, The DNC, The Whitehouse or The Justice Department has EVER claimed that he's not elligible or that he doesn't have a valid birth certificate. And your proof?

Edit: Just adding, John McCain's campaign, the Secret Service and the FBI to that list. Thanks.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

No. I didn't claim that he has.

Satanlike god said Obama hadn't provided any evidence to the courts and I'm asking how he knows that.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think the burdon rests with the accusers. Obama's citizenship has not been questioned in any of the races he has run. Hillary or McCain would have surely raised the issue if it had any merit. ANYONE running for President in this election has had ample time to jump on this but no one has. These fairytales that are promoted do nothing good for the conservative side of the aisle.

Now you can flip everything I have said around as if that is a legitimate response. I'll wait.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Satanlike god

Thanks for that heads up. The big, bad foundation that supposedly loves Obama has endorsed McCain. Supposedly I cannot use factcheck.org because of their relations with Obama, yet they haven't endorsed Obama.

Unbelievable. So, we can't use factcheck.org for any candidates now... wow. Who knew you could connect an organization based around politics to political figures.

People on this site are soooooo smart.

new topics

top topics

join