It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Ed and Ethel, Ed wants to tell all of you something -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
First of all let me tell you about Ed, Ed is 82 years old. Ed was a professor at Georgia University and lives in Florida with his wife ethel. she says hi...

Ed and I had a discussion today about Technology and Jobs and of coarse the election ... He is voting McCain - he doesnt trust slick ...
but he likes the chick.

anywho~!, Ed see's it like this, You know every 25 - 30 years this major economy - Job crap comes along and everyone is out of work. no money.. and when you look at all the wonderful things Ed has seen over the years -cars, indoor plumbing, tractors, chemicals, communications... and a totally new technology Computing - computer save time - and time is money. and devalues over time. its a no win situation. you just do the best you can to keep as much as you can any legal way possible. because those ^^(*&&*^ money grubbing **&$87 are paid to seperate you from your lifes lubricant MONEY.

In reguards to Technology you must understand the greater the advance the more people are put out of work. and new work is created with every new advance, now when more people get laidoff, than was created - we have this "Crap" you must also understand its not static - the population is always growing so the demand should always grow too, however, there is a flaw in this equation - the more people the more jobs ... and the greater the technology the lessor in jobs ...
With this key - I hope you get wealthy and live a long life

UnQuote

Ed made a very good point - and he wanted this posted on the internet

[edit on 27-10-2008 by BornPatriot]

join