It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus tonight on History channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nostradamus: 500 Years Later - History Channel - 7:00 PM Central

Experts examine 10 of his most famous prophecies.

During the promo they said they would discuss if he predicted the Gulf Wars and 9/11. I heard the 9/11 quatrains were a hoax written by a Canadian student.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
was looking for it now..but i just realized you said 7pm central time not eastern...

anyway there is "UFO's: what you don't know" showing right now on the history channel

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
is it a new show or the same ole same ole show with lenord neemoie* aka Spock

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes, the 911 quatrains were hoaxes, based on existing true prophecies.

www.flagship1.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm watching it right now...

Within his tomb there was found a medallion with the exact date his tomb would be opened and pillaged written on it. THAT's impressive.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I hope they touch on future predictions..................

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
How many people really believe in this? I am not sure what to think! I want them to go on about the forth coming prophecies.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm actually thinkin about watchin it tonight. I hope it's good.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thought the show was pretty good but the only thing I was impressed with was the quatrain regarding the new city at 45 degrees. In the 80's there was a special on HBO with Orson Wells. The same quatrain was discussed and they assumed it was a nuclear bomb that would hit New York.

I don't know how you could really desifer Notrodamis. It seems like after the event occurs, the pieces fall into place.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady Lily

I don't know how you could really desifer Notrodamis. It seems like after the event occurs, the pieces fall into place.

That's kind of what they said in the program as well; that the quatrains were written in such a way that they revealed themselves to the appropriate people at the appropriate time.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I enjoyed the special, and learned a lot.
It makes me want to read his works for myself and make up my own mind as to what certain lines might mean.

My favorite bit was when Penn Jillette (my new favorite person who I think is a complete and total idiot) of Penn & Teller emphatically stated that Nostradamus was a fake, and that people who believe in his prophecies or in any magic or spirit for that matter are weak individuals looking for a crutch. He went on to say that whoever in 2001 really found the prediction of 911 in Nostradamus' book and didn't give it to the authorities in order to prevent 911 should be brought up on charges of preventing a crime.

Riiiight.

If Nostradamus was alive today the only way he'd thrive is if he just did predictions like "Ben and J'Lo are going to get divorced" or "Demi and Ashton are gong to get married in a secret Spanish villa next month."

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Cassie Clay,

you're right about Penn. When he said if someone had the information on Sept 10 about what was going to happen, they should have revealed it. Funny, now we're hearing that Bush and his staff knew something about it... Maybe they should be investigated?

top topics

join