It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A suspected US missile strike has killed 20 people, including a top Taleban commander, in north-west Pakistan, witnesses and officials say. Mohammad Omar was among the dead when the missile, reportedly fired by a pilotless US drone, hit a compound owned by him in South Waziristan. Omar fought with the Taleban in Afghanistan in the late 1990s. The US has launched many missile strikes from Afghanistan against suspected militant targets recently. The latest strike on Sunday night was launched at a compound owned by Mohammad Omar in Mandatta village in the troubled region of South Waziristan. Mohammad Omar was a close associate of the dead Taleban commander Nek Mohammed, who was killed in a suspected US strike in the area four years ago. Witnesses said that the missile strike completely destroyed Mohammed Omar's house, and partially damaged two neighbouring houses. Panic They said locals rushed to the targeted compounds to rescue the people inside and there was panic in the area after the attack. Local officials confirmed that 20 bodies had been dug up from the debris of the compound. Two others are reported to have been injured in the attack, they said. The US has made no comment.