It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Stevens of Alaska guilty on all counts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Reply to Jibeho

Agreed. The machine eats these people alive and soon they forget what is important just to stay alive. Also, is that Jerry Todd in your Avatar?
Edit to add: Just saw this:

McCain Calls on Stevens to Step Down

On Monday, McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, called the verdict a "sad day" for Alaska and said she will continue to fight the "culture of corruption" that has pervaded her state.

"This is a sad day for Alaska and a sad day for Sen. Stevens and for his family," Palin said, adding that the fight against corruption must always "move forward regardless of party affiliation, or seniority or even past service."

"As the governor of Alaska I will carefully now monitor the situation and I will take any appropriate action as needed. In the meantime I do ask that the people of Alaska join me in respecting the workings of our judicial system and I'm confident that Sen. Stevens from this point on will do the right thing for the state of Alaska," she said without explicitly calling on Stevens to step down.

Interesting. Sad for Alaska. Sad for Stevens and his family. Sympathy for the felon anyone? "As Gov of Alaska I will carefully NOW monitor the situation..." Thanks for monitoring it now.

elections.foxnews.com...

ColoradoJens
ColoradoJens

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Jerry Todd!! The one and only!! I've been a big fan of his for years.
Good eye!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It is a sad day for us Alaskans...

Stevens did his job TO well over the years. There was no way anyone could replace him and still have the clout he has/had...

I live in Anchorage...and no, Palin really was that popular here before she went to Washington.

I truly believe that "good people don't get involved with politics" -- it's to dirty and shady.

Now our sole Congressman Don Young is under federal investigation ... lets see where that one ends...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yah, I tried to explain to the people in this thread that alaskan politics is riddled with corruption.

But in the same breath I tried to explain that the culture up there is soooo different than it is down here... completely different...

Whereabouts in anchorage? Until recently I lived off Northern Lights... Close to Arctic... not the best part of town, but it suited me fine after moving from the boonies

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Give this man more stars!! It never ceases to amaze me how Republicans take care of their own. Even when they are as guilty as the day is long. We need a real housecleaning in Washington D.C. and to be fair it is not only the Republicans.

Somebody needs to put the animal known as the "honest politician" on the endangered species list.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Somebody needs to put the animal known as the "honest politician" on the endangered species list.

An honest politician first has to exist before it can be endangered.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yah, I tried to explain to the people in this thread that alaskan politics is riddled with corruption.

But in the same breath I tried to explain that the culture up there is soooo different than it is down here... completely different...

Whereabouts in anchorage? Until recently I lived off Northern Lights... Close to Arctic... not the best part of town, but it suited me fine after moving from the boonies

I live off Northern Lights too -- on the East Side though by Boniface...

Yes, I lived in Montana for a bit and well...the entire mental attitude and culture completley different ... I had to move back home!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join