It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Set - E4 UK TV - thoughts and opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just watched the first of the new mini series and wondered what fellow BTSers thought. I'm a massive zombie fan, they're my most favourite horror genre. Mindless killing machines with no agenda other than instinct to guide them. So, in that, this series hits all the right buttons for me.

I like the fact that its based around a 'real life', if you can call Big Brother that, scenario. They even used the real presenter, Davina 'don't say *snip* or bugga' McCall, and included past BB contestants as well.

The effects were, ok not the most gruesome you'll have seen, but good none the less. Especially for a made for tv drama. The end scene with the fire extinguisher, was especially well done despite being not massively graphic. Davina coming back as a zombie was a laugh too.

Some zombie purists will not like the zombies being 'runners' as opposed to 'walkers'. I disagree, I think theres room for both. The runner genre has a lot of scope for development I think. Given that, I think this story still could have a place in the seminal 'World War Z'. There was plenty of accounts in that for Dead Set to have a place in a second book.

Anyway, thats me for now, I'd be really ineterested to hear others thoughts on it

[edit on 27-10-2008 by ridcully]

====
Mod Edit: No profanity, please, not even acronyms or stars
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I saw parts of the first one, (I think it's a 2 parter) i'll have to catch them another time to see it as a whole.

I mainly saw the part were the one guy decided to cut up the fresh meat, (you know what I mean if you saw it), That guy is a Funny actor , he was in the movie "severence" and he was great Comic relief in that movie.

If you've seen all of this show, is it good as a whole?
Good in places lacking in others???

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I watched it all on the Saturday when E4 showed the complete thing. Have to admit it started off corny but the end was both sad and quite scary. The sight of the girl who you follow right through the film staring into the camera right at the very end. So sad. . .
Still, it was infinitely better than Romeros , Diary Of The Dead, which, in a way, is also quite sad.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It is not ER?

I made a mistake.

Queer as Folk

The Sopranos.

top topics

join