It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Kundalini Awakened

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

It is the experience of the God within joining with the All (that is God).

It is the knowing that God is within.

It is the absolute knowing that we are all ONE based on experiencing it rather than accepting that ideal intellectually.

It is a profound and deep experience.

L.I.B this is one of the best explanations Ive ever seen for what is a very difficult experience to put into words. I myself try to stay away from using the word God as I feel over the many thousands of years its use has lessened its meaning. That does not mean I dont use the word, I just think it should be used only when required. Your use of it however is fitting.

We are ALL one, we are all that is and God is within. In this respect we are all of God. We are however NOT Gods by awakening the kundalini we just become connected to the inner being of the creator and its universal energies. These energies flow within us all, it is our born right to feel and experience them and by doing so we feel just a little of how massive the creators life force is. However as you say it is very important only to experience them when our spirit is ready, or just as happened to me and the OP we can get into difficulties handling them.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Yeah, he worded it better. What I was trying to say is you experience God within.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Originally posted by L.I.B.

It is the experience of the God within joining with the All (that is God).

It is the knowing that God is within.

It is the absolute knowing that we are all ONE based on experiencing it rather than accepting that ideal intellectually.

It is a profound and deep experience.

L.I.B this is one of the best explanations Ive ever seen for what is a very difficult experience to put into words. I myself try to stay away from using the word God as I feel over the many thousands of years its use has lessened its meaning. That does not mean I dont use the word, I just think it should be used only when required. Your use of it however is fitting.

Thank you.

I think I may understand your reluctance to use the word God. Out of curiosity could you tell me the definition of God that would be full? LOL, maybe it would be easier to explain to me how the usage of the word God has lost it's meaning.

We are however NOT Gods ...

I too believe that there is only one. Yet, at the same time, when a person is in complete union with this Source and no difference can be discerned, would they be correct in that moment to say: I am God when there is only one I at that moment?

...by awakening the kundalini we just become connected to the inner being of the creator and its universal energies. These energies flow within us all, it is our born right to feel and experience them and by doing so we feel just a little of how massive the creators life force is. However as you say it is very important only to experience them when our spirit is ready, or just as happened to me and the OP we can get into difficulties handling them.

Well, it certainly surprised me too. Took me better than a year to incorporate (intellectually) all that I was made aware of in that one moment of flashing brilliance, and I still don't know anything!

Anyway, it sure explained to me why "no one has seen God and lived." The person before that moment no longer lives, but a new person (in the same body) does.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
reply to post by Mr Green

Yeah, he worded it better. What I was trying to say is you experience God within.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

It's okay, SS. I knew what you meant earlier.

Because, I guess, I think I also know why people consider Jesus to be God as there was nothing left of the man Jesus while he was doing his 'ministry', except for a few glimpses here and there. The problem though with thinking he is in fact God is that I don't think God can be limited in such a way. It sets him up as an idol that can prevent the eventual ability to actually know God intimately.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Yes, in that moment they are God. We are all the children of God. God isn't some man in the clouds looking down at us. It is the universal energy within all of us that connects us to the source.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Yes. If you see someone or something as an idol. Then you miss the point and are not looking within.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

I don't think he was limited because he understood the soul within that has no limits.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have to smile. I feel a communion... afterall, there is no distance either.

Say, have you ever read the Gospel of Thomas by chance? There's a quote within those pages that took me awhile to get. When I did, I literally jumped out of my seat!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by L.I.B.

I don't think he was limited because he understood the soul within that has no limits.

True. Though, I wasn't speaking of Jesus being limited. I was speaking of the unawakened limiting God, which in turns limits/hampers their ability to come to know God.

Edit to add: Maybe I would make more sense by explaining this way: By saying Jesus is God, that limiting/limited consciousness can then point to something else and say "that is not God".

[edit on 1-11-2008 by L.I.B.]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

I read the Bible back in high school, quite a few years ago. I can't remember the differences between the Gospels, the author's become like a blur. Do you think you could copy the quote in?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Ah yes. I understand with the edit.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by L.I.B.

I read the Bible back in high school, quite a few years ago. I can't remember the differences between the Gospels, the author's become like a blur. Do you think you could copy the quote in?

Actually, The Gospel of Thomas isn't in the bible. It is part of the Nag Hammadi Library. (It can be found online... highly recommend it's reading.)

The quote goes something like: Where there are one or two gods, I am with them. Where there are three gods, they are god/s. (Don't remember if it is plural or singular.)

Glad I edited that one post so it'd make more sense!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Lol I probably should've known it was Nag hammadi...my mom teaches that in her religion courses. She'd be so offended.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

I have learnt much from the spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle. I will quote his very good take on why the word God has become of less meaning over the years.

"The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse.It should be used sparingly. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egotistical delusions such as My god is better than your God, or your God is false, my God is the only one true God.
The word God has become a closed concept. The word now creates a mental image of usually a man someone or something. This mental image representation is of something or someone OUTSIDE you. By changing God to "being" it becomes an open concept. It is impossible to form a mental image of being. Being can then become your very essence, and is immediatly accessible to you as the feeling of your own presence. It is only a small step from the word being to the experience of Being."

I hope this helps answer your question as to why I think the word God has been over used and misused over thousands of years. The above is taken from his book The Power of Now.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Hey there, those thoughts were rather profound...i like

Thanks for the reply too, much appreciated

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by L.I.B.

I have learnt much from the spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle. I will quote his very good take on why the word God has become of less meaning over the years.

"The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse.It should be used sparingly. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egotistical delusions such as My god is better than your God, or your God is false, my God is the only one true God.
The word God has become a closed concept. The word now creates a mental image of usually a man someone or something. This mental image representation is of something or someone OUTSIDE you. By changing God to "being" it becomes an open concept. It is impossible to form a mental image of being. Being can then become your very essence, and is immediatly accessible to you as the feeling of your own presence. It is only a small step from the word being to the experience of Being."

I hope this helps answer your question as to why I think the word God has been over used and misused over thousands of years. The above is taken from his book The Power of Now.

I see. I understand and agree. The word God does conjure up a mental construct of something "out there" rather than being part and parcel of everything as well as within. I have come across that mental construct block many times before. So, this could be very helpful.

Though, that presents me with a difficulty that maybe you can help me out with. How would you use this replacement word being? Can you give me an example or two?

Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

You are most welcome.

If I were to offer any advice on experiencing this love affair with Source, it would be to practice the virtues and once they have become as second nature to you as breathing for many years to then begin meditating. This, to me, would be the safest way of going about this.

For you see, the kundalini virtually and literally burns away all impurities within a person. Having the least amount of non virtuous impulses possible when the kundalini rises makes for an easier transition. Though, since this is at the end of an age... well, I am of the opinion that as ages change that the window of opportunity for ascension is increased.

Anyway, none of us are perfect and the kundalini will affect each of us in some way as it goes about it's process of purifying and wiping out of karma.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say virtues....
where may I find these, are they easy to find on a search engine somewhere? Thanks again

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi, emmy,

I just did a quick search and found this list:

assertiveness
caring
cleanliness
commitment
compassion
confidence
consideration
cooperation
courage
courtesy
creativity
detachment
determination
diligence
enthusiasm
excellence
flexibility
forgiveness

friendliness
generosity
gentleness
helpfulness
honesty
honor
humility
idealism
integrity
joyfulness
justice
kindness
love
loyalty
moderation
modesty
orderliness
patience

peacefulness
perseverance
purposefulness
reliability
respect
responsibility
self-discipline
service
tact
thankfulness
tolerance
trust
trustworthiness
truthfulness
understanding
unity

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

The biggest change I've noticed has been my lust for power has died down a bit. I've always been very power hungry and sought different ways to gain these abilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join