It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'INNOCENCE LOST' STING II - Another 47 Kids Rescued

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

'INNOCENCE LOST' STING II - Another 47 Kids Rescued

www.fbi.gov

A total of 630 law enforcement personnel participated in Operation Cross Country II. The operation resulted in 642 arrests (including 73 pimps and 518 prostitutes), the disruption of 12 large-scale prostitution operations, and, most importantly, the rescue of 47 children—ages 13 to 17 years old—from the sex trade. Ten of those children had been listed as “missing” in the NCMEC database....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fbi.gov
www.fbi.gov

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Conspiracy of Missing Children
One Million children go missing every year in US and UK alone!
Child sex ring at the White House
Why So Many Missing People in U.S.? Renagades or Repitlians?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In an email I received from the FBI (I subscribe to the news releases by them)....I received 2 emails today announcing raids on child sex rings going on in the US right now.

This topic is a passion of mine and I find the amount of children they have "rescued" alarming:

To date, the work of our 28 Innocence Lost task forces and working groups around the country have resulted in 265 indictments, 365 convictions on a combination of state and federal charges, 46 criminal enterprises disrupted and 36 successfully dismantled. Most importantly, our efforts have led to the recovery of 575 child victims.
www.fbi.gov...

There are a few threads on here relating to missing child, sex rings, etc. Is it starting to come to light where are nation's missing children are??

www.fbi.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/27/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thank you for this most encouraging news!

I hope the children can shed light on the mechanisms involved in their 'induction' into the horror of slavery.

Maybe if they learn something we can root out those who exploit our children.

I suspect it is more shameful, and larger scaled than the media has ever portrayed.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow, The FeeBees done guud. I sincerely hope all the 'I's" are dotted and 'T's' crossed on this one. Even the lowest of the clowns in this organization need to be put behind bars for many years. Great news. Thanks GreenEyes.

Zindo

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What really makes me wonder is this:

Ten of those children had been listed as “missing” in the NCMEC database.

Now does NCMEC database contain ALL reported missing children?? And if so, how can that many children be rescued yet only TEN are listed as missing? Were the heck are the parents of these other children??

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Wow, The FeeBees done guud. I sincerely hope all the 'I's" are dotted and 'T's' crossed on this one. Even the lowest of the clowns in this organization need to be put behind bars for many years. Great news. Thanks GreenEyes.

Zindo

Well, here are the statistics:

This cooperative effort—there are currently 28 Innocence Lost task forces and working groups around the country—has been highly successful. Last June, the first Operation Cross Country led to more than 350 arrests and rescues of 21 children. To date, the work of the Innocence Lost Initiative has resulted in:

*265 indictments;
*365 convictions on a combination of state and federal charges;
*46 criminal enterprises disrupted and 36 successfully dismantled; and
*Substantial sentences of convicted pimps, including two life sentences and several sentences ranging in length from 30 to 40 years.

Most important of all, our efforts have led to the recovery of 575 child victims.
www.fbi.gov...

[edit on 10/27/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Most liklely originaly on DCS or child services and got lost in the cracks like thousands have. Every state has a real problem with case workers loosing children and just ignoring it. Some states have no mandate to report DCS missing children either. A formal complaint must be made by the birth parents and in cases where children have been removed for drug use of alcohol problems, theres no complainant!
Zindo

[edit on 10/27/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Now does NCMEC database contain ALL reported missing children?? And if so, how can that many children be rescued yet only TEN are listed as missing? Were the heck are the parents of these other children??

Hard as it is to believe, I'm sure than some sell their children for money and some are even involved.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I hope (although knowing the "sisters", how the FBI is sometimes referred to, it is very doubtful) that any links between the kids and the members of the rings are deeply explored......

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I know this didnt generate much interest.
But in case anyone was interested, I wanted to add some additional information regarding this (video in link):

www.fbi.gov...
Headline Archives
TO SAVE A CHILD
Inside a Prostitution Sting
10/31/08

....Adult prostitutes, however, are not the primary interest of the FBI—juvenile ones are. Last week’s sting in Northern Virginia was part of a three-day nationwide operation conducted through our Innocence Lost Initiative, which aims to stop the sex trafficking of children.

......One undercover agent in our D.C. Child Exploitation Squad taking part in the sting says he has seen child victims as young as 12 years old

.....more in link

[edit on 10/31/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I suspect that some parents handed their child over for some sort of payment or were involved in some way as already posted. I think somehow though some big names (people of power) always manage to get away with this sort of thing and never be caught or charged.

Though the numbers seem to be large (and they are) I think somehow they should be larger. The number of children reported missing each year is amazing yet you hear little about them.

Raist

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well a lot of kids run away and end up selling themselves for drugs or whatever else.
Atleast thats what we were taught in school. Looks more like charging someone for harboring run aways. Im not saying pimping is right but I am saying running away was not the fault of the pimp.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Kudos to them. I hope these b*stards spend the rest of their lives behind bars. This is why it is hard to argue that the FBI is all bad. They do this sort of work and it is very noble and necessary.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I wonder what's going to happen to these children now? They've got to be mess up because of this. I hope they don't just get thrown into the foster care system with no counseling and expect to fit right in with society after what they've been through.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
I wonder what's going to happen to these children now? They've got to be mess up because of this. I hope they don't just get thrown into the foster care system with no counseling and expect to fit right in with society after what they've been through.

And you pose a VERY good question. Because this is of huge concern of mine too. And one that needs to also be looked into.

My heart breaks and bleeds for these children. And yes, they are so broken, is there really help available to them?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wonder how many of these kids are illegals from over the border, or brought in on visitor visas. Wouldn't that be the easiest method?

Good to see this has been dealt with. I wish they could greatly reduce the numbers of missing children, but I wonder how many of those are found and returned, but never taken off the books.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Bumping, flagging and starring.

I can't believe this didn't garner more attention and commentary.

This issue is MONUMENTAL in importance, and does not recieve the attention it should, not by a LONG haul. And therein lies another conspiracy in and of itself---Why the lack of media coverage? Who is behind this? I get the feeling that this may run MUCH higher up the ladder than many would suspect.

And THAT may be why this is a grotesquely under-reported phenomenon.

Thank you for your efforts in uncovering this G.E.L.!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Exactly!
Why the lack of coverage!
(I didn't see this thread till now.) S&F'd
How many are from orphanages that were simply cast as 'runaways'?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They need to do a lot more of this in every city, everywhere. Furthermore there must be qualified places to care for them. Some of them are quite damaged and scarred within and won't be on best behavior. There are places in other countries where some of our children are too. Surely they can see this from satellites. It shouldn't be too hard to do the raids they rarely do!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This issue is MONUMENTAL in importance,

I agree.

Sorry I missed this thread when it began. If not for ATS or doing my own digging on the internet I would barely hear about any of these cases. The media is definitely deflecting from these issues.

There are lots of things discussed on the 24 hour news channels that do not deserve the attention this topic does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join