It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

confirmed the worlds gone mental

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

confirmed the worlds gone mental

www.iol.co.za

this was in one of the papers over the weekend .
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
im not sure which paper i saw this in but a woman in asia has been arrested for killing her partner after he divorced her . not much wrong ther i hear you say . the problem is the crime never happened the the victim and wife were avatars from a role playing game!apparently she went online , logged in ,and found she had been divorcedso she sends her alter ego off into cyberland to meet her ex then kills off his character. now in real life she has been arrested for the crime, and in the region where this happened if your arrested then you will likely be charged

www.iol.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Read the article. She has been arrested for hacking and what not. Sheesh. It would make sense to read the article before making up nonsense about it.

"The woman, a piano teacher, has been jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data. "

[edit on 10-27-2008 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

sorry bout that its not the article i originally read

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If a real wife logged in to her husband's account, or did the credit card for that matter, she'd get away with it. This woman's only crime is being utterly demented.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am amazed that people get so caught up in online games. I will bet that for every story about computer relationships gone bad that there is another illustrating how computers have brought strangers together in a good way.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
is that it? this is much worse.

Boy (8) Killed Firing Uzi at Gun Show

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
lol just when you think it can't get any dumber, someone throws up something even dumber

Real life crime charges in virtual worlds are ridiculous, 5 years for logging in as "Tink the invincible" or whatever, my sarcasm could do no justice in highlighting the absurdity in this, I must save it for other things.

and

8 year old, learning to use an Uzi

Very Nice

I won't let my 9 year old son ride his motorized scooter because he's a goof ball in traffic with it....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This young Lady I think fully explains the only response I can think of to "The Worlds gone mental" better than I ever could

[edit on 27-10-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

yeah....but she's hot. Just like Palin....

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am amazed that people get so caught up in online games.

Well, to me it sounds like the "next step" was taken...There's a multi-million dollar hacker industry in creating software that hacks peoples' on-line characters to make them all "beefed up" & supply them with whatever kind of equipment they want. These hackers sell the programming & the instructions to use it...They also sell programmed "data packets" required in using the hacking program they also sell. Yeah, a lot of people are willing to pay good money for the opportunity to cheat at these games...That's why I don't play them, because it's nearly impossible for one player to tell if another one is running a hacked character without long-term observation. Chances are better that your character will get killed multiple times before you can be close enough to observe & know for sure.

Besides, "online murder" is so common in MMORPG games that the "law authorities" could never grow big enough to prosecute everybody...There's enough trouble from the hackers as it is anyway.

Originally posted by Benarius
reply to post by mopusvindictus

yeah....but she's hot. Just like Palin....

Oh, puuuuh-leeeeese...Palin only looks good if she has access to her $1000/hour makeup professional. But that doesn't hurt her pocketbook any, 'cause she's figured out a way to get the taxpayers to pay for it.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join