It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry ATS members

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hey what's up with everyone?

Reading through the posts you all seem so angry

There are arguments breaking out in many popular threads, more than normal

People are being accused of saying things they haven't and having their words twisted.

Please before you reply to any threads, take a break and remember there is another person behind that avatar and screen name.

So my question is why are you all so angry?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Look at all the current events.

We have a right to be angry at TPTB.

I'd reckon that anger directed at other members is an outlet of that, or that the angry posters feel that they are justified at being angry at those that are "part of the problem."

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Anger is the direct result of fear.
Some have come looking for answers, Not knowing really what they seek, and are now afraid of the answers or information they have found.
"YODA" fictional character but true none the less.
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good post

I have mad as hell in my avatar but I have never had a fight on ATS (luckely). I have been called names and stuff like that though.

I think lots of bad things happen to people during the day, for example by the economic crisis or something like that. When they get home at night they need to let it out somehow and they do it on ATS. That's all fine and dandy untill they bump into someone with another opinion and start to get angry and throw a fight.

It's too bad but I don't have a clue what can be done about it. However most of the time people will see the next day how "stupid" their behaviour was. If you are lucky they'll apoligise.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering

and everyone is unhappy, we should be working together not fighting.

Isn't that what they want, divide and conquer?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Funny you started this thread on a day when I was surprised to find two very positive threads and thought that was unusual.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have noticed a lot of anger in the air lately period, whether it be here or at work or at the grocery store or just about everywhere lately. I am sure it has to do with the state of the economies throughout the world, but just as you stated in the OP, there is a person behind these avatar's, and no matter what is going on in our personal lives, it should not be taken out on others. Hopefully the two posts I linked will be good reads for you as they were for me if you haven't been to them already.
Funny how in one place there can be lots of anger and tension, and just a click away, a totally opposite feeling to turn us around

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
ATS actually keeps me somewhat sane

I agree with stealthsurfer - it doesn't matter where you are in the world, people everywhere are getting their panties in a knot over increasingly more things.

Why are they so angry here or anywhere else? I have no idea...

Western society has never really had it better. I think people are just expecting more and more, and when they don't get it, they're beginning to flip out.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I haven't seen any anger at all whatsoever the past few days, funny that.
I must be on the sedated channel...forums less prone to feelings getting percieved to be stepped on.

:-)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
ATS actually keeps me somewhat sane

I wouldn't share that with anyone in the Mental Health Field mattguy :-)

Don't want to be labelled as paranoid eh?

Infact there is soo much truth in that one statement, but also it made me laugh much, and is also a dangerous position to take socially that I will I think be changing my signature with it later.

Ta Mattguy for brightening my day!

Elf

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wish there was some way people could channel their anger in to something more constructive.

I was going to suggest their write to their government and complain, but I am not sure if this would help?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have noticed this as well and yes some do twist the words of others. Maybe this is because they misinterpret, or the message in the post is not clear. Still no need to flame and dagger the poster.

I have been the victim of wrath a few times when I have posted and somone has not agreed with me. They have slagged off at me and called me names, told me I am a moron and other stuff via U2U.

One guy persisted in calling me a man-hater (Hello...happily married for 25years with 3 sons and work with about 150 engineers) during the course of a thread back in 2006. I just regarded him as highly presumptuous to
think he could state that without actually knowing me...go figure.

This was upsetting in the beginning. I refuse to have this bother me now and actually feel sorry for these people.

I have no idea why they direct their anger at other posters. We are all here to share and discuss...well I am

I prefer to flame the information/situatiuon NOT the poster

take care all
res

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

But can you do anything about these events?
If not why worry?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Great OP, I total agree,
The last few months ATS members ( not all but a lot) have been angry, and it seems if you dont go with what they are saying then you can be shot down by many, as if there is a group of them.
As I have said before, If people dont like the threads then why do they post?
I think its made's many people scared to start new threads and even sometimes to post,
Not me, As I really dont care what they say, because I do know there are many great members in ATS and one or two good MODS(only one or two I have too add!)

Oh and by the way S & F to the OP

[edit on 27/10/08 by freemindmine]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's election season in the States and while we ARE an international board, over half of our members are American. That ridiculous style creeps into threads other than political ones. Election next week, the fallout for a couple of months and things will get back to just weird.

Edit to add: Hope I'm one of the two.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
lightchild, these are very tense times we are living in. With the economy going fast forward into a possible recession, The elections coming up and Mother Russia acting up it is effecting many of us in a negative manner.

People are very concerned about their future well being and safety.
The main stream media is fear mongering.

Many people are very close to panic. Panic and fear go hand in hand and it is most unpleasant.

Our situation may get worse before it gets better. Many people will suffer anxiety and panic disorder.

The best thing we can do is try to keep a cool head and inject positive feelings on the board. Have patience with those that loose focus. Be strong for those that aren't handling difficult times very well. Help when you can and try to ignore the anger when you can't do anything about it.

This too shall pass.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

You know you are right!

I've been noticing this trend as well...

The "can't we all just get along" phrase just doesn't seem to cut it here at ATS. There are so many different views, ideas and theories to go around that most of the time people are too busy disagreeing with each other rather than keeping an open mind, and letting logic take control of the situation.

Logic tells me, that being civil and friendly toward other members helps keep ATS a civil, friendly place.

We all get a little heated once and a while, but there is no excuse to take frustrations out on other people! Especially those whom are trying to keep this a friendly atmosphere.

So, being friendly and civil on the boards not only helps keep this place in check, but lets ideas flow quickly on threads as there is much less bickering between fellow members.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It isnt just contained to here( me I see it getting nasty and I just leave the topic). it is all over in peoples towns and big cities too. My hub wont let us "drive" to anywhere till after 630pm because everytime we do I swear we are having to dodge angry drivers and nasty people in the stores. It is just a bad time in our history and people dont know how to deal with it. I am sure this is why so many police departments are on edge they know its going to blow up sooner or later and they arent ready to have to haul off alot of people at a moments notice.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HugmyRek

I haven't seen any anger at all whatsoever the past few days, funny that. I must be on the sedated channel...forums less prone to feelings getting percieved to be stepped on.

If you'd like a change from that...just visit any of the political threads and state an opinion. Prepare to be pulled through the mud with no remorse. It gets ugly...i know this from experience...and it can be very tough to not let it get to you. And it usually happens when someone disagrees with you...and then insults your intelligence or character just for added punch.

It's nasty in there...keep your sanity and stay away.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thank you for the S & F's

The funny thing is that sometimes two people are arguing the same point, they agree with on another but think the world is against them.

But it is hard to listen when you are busy shouting.

People should remember they have 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason.

or the Internet version

People should remember their screen is larger than their keyboard for a reason.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Fortunately I don't go out much in real life.
In England I have noticed more angry drivers, but on the other hand I have noticed more bad driving.

Maybe people are seeing the chips are down and becoming more selfish, survival of the fittest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join