It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codeweavers' Software Free For Download Thanks To George W. Bush And Falling Gas Prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

SAINT PAUL, Minn. (October 27, 2008) – The catastrophic cratering of the global economy, falling gas prices and President George W. Bush's recent executive activities have indirectly prompted Saint Paul gadfly software developers CodeWeavers, Inc., to provide free software for every American on Oct. 28, company officials reluctantly announced today.

In July, CodeWeavers – whose software lets Mac OS X and Linux users run Windows programs without having to Microsoft for a Windows OS license – launched the Great American Lame Duck Presidential Challenge (lameduck.codeweavers.com) to encourage President Bush to make the most of his remaining days in office by accomplishing a major economic or political goal by January 20, 2009.

source

Read on because this is very interesting. Mac and Linux users get the ultimate discount on software designed to port Microsoft software to the OS X and Linux platforms.

Codeweaver CEO/President Jeremy White:
"I had just finished my morning corn dog and 64-ounce Dr. Pepper when I looked at the pump and noticed gas was at $2.79. I screamed ‘Woohoo,' then I yelled ‘Oh, crap!' as I realized every American can now have my software for free. Kind of upsets my fourth quarter revenue projections..."

Regardless, he is sticking to his promise. Not only that, there are 5 more Great American Lame Duck Presidential Challenge goals in the wings.

So, MAC and Lniux users, wake early and get those fully legal, free porting software downloads started. They produce a standard and pro version of each software package. I would assume that it is the standard version that is in the giveaway, which is a software package of $40 each. So, for those that run multiple platforms, this could potentially be a free package of $80.

Enjoy.

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on 27-10-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Excellent info, thank you! I was beginning to think (based on the title of this thread) that this was going to be a joke of sorts...

Anyhow, this will supplement my Ubuntu at home.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
64-ounce Dr. Pepper

2 liters of Dr. Pepper. Damn.

new topics

join