It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Brits and the Americans the 12 lost tribes of Israel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Two Nations That Changed the World
"Behold, the nations are as a drop in a bucket, and are counted as the small dust on the scales; look, He lifts up the isles as a very little thing...Too whom then will you liken God? Or what likeness will you compare to Him?" (Isaiah 40:15,18).

It's an amazing story—the unprecedented rise of English-speaking people to their dominant positions of power and influence over the modern world.
History shows that their rise to greatness began in the turmoil of the Protestant Reformation. Having broken from Rome and faced with the combined hostility of both the continental church and imperial Spain, then the most powerful nation in the world, England began to look beyond the seas for her security and trade.
Explorers were sent throughout the world during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I (1558-1603). This led to the establishment of colonies that later developed into the United States of America and the nations of the British Commonwealth.
Historians have called these countries "revolutionary empires." They were not despotic tyrannies as were other countries or earlier empires in which everyone was subject to domineering autocrats.
Each colony had its own parliament or house of assembly to which voters sent elected representatives. People could own land, practice their religion and even take their government to court, while newspapers were free to criticize the authorities. Books were freely published. Innovative ideas flourished in what became the most politically stable nations in modern history.
These new ideas led to the gradual formation of a great company of nations, the British Empire and Commonwealth, and the world's most successful republic, the United States of America.
Why has history been so benevolent and economically generous to Britain and the United States? Why have they been blessed so favorably over the nations that preceded them in history? The answer lies in the understanding and fulfillment of biblical prophecy.
Surprising as it may sound, both were destined according to Bible prophecy to become superpowers. One was to precede the other to world-power status. Both would dominate international affairs in their own time. They would even be called upon to save other nations from the forces of despotism. Above all, they would make possible democratic and religious freedoms for the English-speaking nations.
In two world wars the British Commonwealth and the United States saved virtually the entire civilized world from powers intent on world domination. Without them our world would be entirely different in many ways.
The climate that encouraged freedom of expression led to the Industrial Revolution, which changed the world. In the century between the end of the Napoleonic Wars and the beginning of World War I (1815-1914), British capital and expertise developed the economies of her colonies (one quarter of the world's peoples) and contributed to the development of the fledgling United States and the newly independent nations of South America. After World War II America's economic prosperity and generosity—through the Marshall Plan—got Europe and Japan moving again.
Today the decline of Britain and America is leaving a vacuum around the globe. Already the dissolution of the British Empire has brought to the surface ethnic conflicts long held in check under colonialism. Wars in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and the Pacific are the direct result of decolonization and have made the world more complex and unstable.
Read more

Read about Britain's miracle filled history, devine intervention?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Bazil]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
No offence but when I was studing the aramaic texts the only tribe that was considered to be missing was the one they gave the boot. I cant remember for the life of me what the name of the tribe was off the top of my head. will have to try and see if I can find you a link that is already translated.

EDIT
I am not going to be able to give you the translation my files show it as being on my 5th hard drive that broke...really sorry . So because I cant provide the link please disreguard my post.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazil

No, they're not the 2 lost tribes of Israel. I'd believe that Native Americans are a lost tribe before I'd believe that the British and Americans are.

In fact, genealogically speaking, that theory doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

None taken!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You are not to far off, but why do you say two?

There are 12 lost tribes.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes of course your right, I made a mistake it should be 12.
thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No problem. The twelve lost tribes have established governments all around the world. If you care to take a few of the present day Kings and Queens and other governing elites and trace their lineage back you will have the twelve tribes, from there you should be able to establish which is tribe is which.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yeah, I have read that Queen Elizebeth's bloodline goes back to David, which would be the same as Jesus!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazil

No. It's just a story. Unless you can prove that to be an incorrect assertion, this is like asking what Santa Claus's favourite sandwich is.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bazil

Yeah, I have read that Queen Elizebeth's bloodline goes back to David, which would be the same as Jesus!

Hmmm, I beg to differ there.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Why? You can find this information all over the net! It's not me saying this.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Wotan

Maybe, but not from reputable sources. Especially when you consider that HM The Queen does not recognise that fact either.

And please do not mention that you heard it from David Icke.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
the impression i get is that you are trying to portray the british empire as a benign influence on the world in the past and potraying the US as a benign influence today.

i beg to differ with this assessment of history. there are historians that would argue the british empire was a despotic, genocidal and repressive empire that cared about profits above the welfare of her subjects and humanity in general.

i believe that the same could be said of the US today except that it's empire is primarily economic as opposed to administrative. it would be more accurate to say the american economic model is the despotic empire. then i imagine it is the economic empire you are referring to when you describe an american empire.

if the primary basis for your belief that the english speaking empires are benign as opposed to despotic then you may be quite a distance short of the mark.

[edit on 27/10/08 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

No, just trying to offer a good interesting story, that has in the past defied logic!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Actually I read it in the Philadelphia Trumpet, which is reputable.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

reply to post by Wotan

Maybe, but not from reputable sources. Especially when you consider that HM The Queen does not recognise that fact either.

And please do not mention that you heard it from David Icke.

The Queen would never acknowledge that, if she did the whole empire would go up in smoke.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The climate that encouraged freedom of expression led to the Industrial Revolution, which changed the world.

No offence but all that was a very rose-tinted view of history. To take just the above as an example, the main driving force behind the Industrial Revolution was not freedom of expression but freedom of those with money and land to exploit those who had not. If we go back to the 17th century in England, we have the 'Enclosures' - something that landowners had been pushing for for a century or so, but Elizabeth wouldn't let them have it. They got it eventually, the right to enclose the land and turf the common folk off. And that is what they did, and the common folk had little choice but to move to the towns and look for paid labour rather than the subsistance farming that they had been engaged in previously. So there's all these folk in the towns hungry and looking for work, and that is what drove the Industrial Revolution - the availability of surplus labour ripe for exploitation, and exploited it was.

There's nothing very rosy about the following, and this is how it really was, for the majority of ordinary people:
www.thepotteries.org...

When china ware is to be fired it is first placed in coarse earthen vessels called saggers - these contain a quantity of finely pulverized flint; this, during the firing, attaches itself strongly to the china; some two, three, or more young women, are employed to scour it off with sand-paper and brushes; the particles float abundantly in the atmosphere of the room, and cover their persons just as plentifully as flour does the miller; in every act of respiration a considerable quantity is deposited on the mucous surfaces of the fauces, trachaea, and bronchial tubes, and being acutely angular and irritating soon occasions thickening of these membranes, as evidenced by their small weak voices: asthma, chronic cough, tubercular development, consumption, soon follows, and death. Some of them will escape for a time, whilst others become easy preys.

Is this characteristic of some kind of God-given destiny? People forced into a life filled with gruelling labour, from dawn to dusk, often starting at an age when children today will be looking to start primary school. Working in jobs that resulted in horrific illnesses and injuries, and often malnourished as they earned barely enough to feed themselves.

We are not the lost tribes of Israel - that was just some Victorian fantasy dreamed up by people who fancied themselves to be special and wished to construct some myth to support it. Like in the early Christian period - the Dark Age kings of Europe would often create lineages for themselves that led back to the Bible, or to Classical Greece, or to Egypt - these being highly regarded, they would attempt to bathe in reflected glory and to justify their rule over others. And that is what it is all about, attempting to justify rule over others - the lords and masters of British society trying to make out that they were chosen ones and that gave them the right to exploit, both at home and abroad.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

You are obviously very patriotic, you feel very special to be a Brit, where does that come from do you think?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Bazil, you might find these threads of particular interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The Empire is gone!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join