It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Obama Wins!,' newspaper declares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

'Obama Wins!,' newspaper declares

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

SANTA FE, New Mexico (CNN) – For The New Mexico Sun News it is either a major scoop or “Dewey Beats Truman” déjà vu 60 years later.

“Obama Wins!” is the headline of the edition on newsstands now, complete with “special collector’s edition” in red bold typeface.

The Sun News is a bi-monthly newspaper and its Oct 26-Nov 8 issue had to hit the streets, and the newsstands, before the election. So the editors decided to make a leap of faith and declare Democrat Barack Obama the winner.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Picture this.. your walking up to the register and see this paper (more like a magazine), what is the first thing that you are going to think? I would wonder if my stupid date keeper lost the battery again and I missed the whole thing.

There are more and more of these popping up everywhere if you ask me its a form of hypnotherapy (which by the way I have studied) and I see it all day on the net and tv when I actually get to watch it.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, it sure does seem like the "persons" who own the media outlets own the election as well...to say nothing of the electorate.

Welcome to the New World Order.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
True.. I just find it odd that all these showing up say OBAMA WINS..
Have yet to run into one that says MCCAIN wins

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
just for you then..

McCAIN WINS!!![size=0]$5 scratch lottery

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is actually a very effective means of propaganda called The bandwagon, or Imminent Victory strategy.

The idea being, subconsciously, undecided voters will see this headline, and in their mind, declare Obama's victory as a foregone conclusion.

Their subconscious mind then desires to be on the "winning" side.

effective propaganda techniques at work here...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In my mind, from the information around me, Obama has won. I have stopped trying to win conservatives over. Any information I can give to Mcain supporters is considered unpatriotic by them, no matter what it is.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
In my mind, from the information around me, Obama has won. I have stopped trying to win conservatives over. Any information I can give to Mcain supporters is considered unpatriotic by them, no matter what it is.

Than the propaganda has worked... not only because you believe that his winning is a foregone conclusion... (no one questions where polls come from anymore..), but also in the fact that the McCain supporters refuse to accept any new information from you... that means the Republican propaganda is also working its magic...

Obama's victory is not a foregone conclusion like the PTB would like you to believe. Anything can happen, we have more than a week left...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I doubt that old fart has enough good luck to win a scratch-off ticket prize, much less a Presidential election.

But you never know... I'm writing in Joe The Plumber on MY ballot. The guy is everything that America needs: he's bald, he's an instant celebrity, and he can fix the nation's toilets.

And he isn't a CFR goon.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4

I'm conservative, but I wouldn't go so far as to label you unpatriotic unless you start trying to tell me what I can and cannot do. You have an opinion, and those of us who understand that we all can share opinions and still function in this world appreciate that.

That being said, you cannot convince me that Obama's policies are good for this country because at his core, he believes in Democratic, Liberal policies which I do not happen to believe in. For example, I believe in smaller government and free markets, which are conservative ideologies.

As for that headline, they really should pay attention to history and look what happened Nov. 3, 1948 when the Chicago Daily Tribune posted the headline "Dewey Defeats Truman". In fact, Truman defeated Dewey when Truman only had the support of 15% of the media (www.loc.gov...).

Sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it?

I'd say someone is tempting fate.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have a song for everyone on this thread for anyone who has or will post on this thread in anger about the newspaper decision:

Beatles - Cry Baby Cry

Cry baby cryyy. Make your mother sigh. She old enough to know better, so cry baby cryyyy.

Not sure why they felt compelled to make a call on the election but they did. Dislike their decision? Write them a nasty letter and get over it.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

To funny good one i must say i am tired and took my eyes a second to focus on the lottery ticket!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Maybe they were making fun of it all with a "Dewey Beats Truman" throw back...

...anyhow, I'm pretty sure that Obama is going to win, too much hype I mean hope going around. I hope he does win, and is a horrible President so that people will shut up about how "racist" the U.S. is (much overstated) and how Obama is the "one."

[edit on 27-10-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Why didn't most of you read the article about the "Santa Fe Sun"???

It's not a real news paper but an alternative, left leaning, bi monthly mag.
catering to the counter culture in SF. And if you have ever been to Santa Fe; this type of off beat "humor" is de reguear. Or as we say here in the land of Enchantment....ching...opp's...better not say it.

The Real paper in Santa Fe is the Santa Fe New Mexican.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I'm conservative, but I wouldn't go so far as to label you unpatriotic unless you start trying to tell me what I can and cannot do.

If that's the case, then I hope that you very much disagree with the current administration trying to tell people like myself exactly how they should behave down to the most exacting detail.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Yeah but that involves using reason. Not to mention, what would they have to whine about then? They'd have to go back to only getting a short form BC, or some other miscellaneous garbage.

top topics

join