It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF says plot to kill Obama, 102 people disrupted!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

ATF says plot to kill Obama, 102 people disrupted!

This was in their breaking news flashing banner on the front page of Fox news one minute ago! Updates to come as more information emerges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow! This just goes to show there are people out there who don't believe in the ideals of democracy. The accused individuals, if found guilty, should be ashamed of themselves.

**UPDATE

"The ATF says it has broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree.

In court records unsealed Monday, agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target an unnamed by predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads." -FOXNEWS.COM

That is crazy! Lets hope we get through this election without anybody getting hurt, but that's looking more and more election as violence from radical elements seems to be stepping up in pace.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Once again proving that this country still has a long way to go to rid itself of racism.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Once again proving that this country still has a long way to go to rid itself of racism.

Bah, I don't believe that. There are always going to be fringe groups that harbor racial hatred, you will never get rid of that. As a whole, the US has moved past this.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That's insane.

It's one thing to take out a polititian, but to try to kill an additional 100+ people? I don't get it, I guess it's the school-shooting mentality mixed with politics?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

Bah, I don't believe that. There are always going to be fringe groups that harbor racial hatred, you will never get rid of that. As a whole, the US has moved past this.

Very very true. Obama's political success and likely election as a president portrays a lot of progress.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I don't think it's racism so much as it is religious hatred, thanks to all the "He's a Muslim!" mudslinging.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here's an article.

Feds disrupt skinhead plot to assassinate Obama

Law enforcement agents have broken up a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 88 black people, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives said Monday.

Two idiots!

[edit on 10/27/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This report brought to you by the ATF, the wonderful group that brought you WACO and Ruby Ridge.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thread already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Having an article discussed in a Breaking News Forum and another forum outside Breaking News is allowed.

Two threads of the same article just aren't allowed within the Breaking News Forums.

[EDIT to add] OOppps! Didn't realize your thread was also in Breaking News!
Sorry 'bout that!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
More Info:

WASHINGTON – Federal agents have broken up a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives said Monday.

In court records unsealed Monday in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn., federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school in a murder spree that was to begin in Tennessee. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of ATF's Nashville field office, said the two men planned to shoot 88 black people and decapitate another 14. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The men also sought to go on a national killing spree after the Tennessee murders, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press.

"They said that would be their last, final act — that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."
news.yahoo.com...

Indeed the threat is real.

And so we should hope that all similar plots turn out this way.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

It's morbid to ask, but what with the precise number of people. 88 to kill, 102 to decapitate. A hit list? The number of black students at this school divided up...somehow?

The following is my opinion only:
How twisted. As long as things like this still happen, or even get put on paper, this country is going to have a hard time moving forward. The MSM is so prevalent that no only can children learn these hateful beliefs (although I put more blame towards the parents...) it is virtually glorified with all the publicity something like this sees.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I knew this was going to happen. I just hope this does not give Obama any sympathy votes. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him assassinated but I don't want him as President either.

Anyway, why are some here so quick to believe this story by the U.S. government when they never believe anything they say regarding the military. Just a thought. I guess some here pick and choose at random what to believe.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

In the other thread it says the numbers 88 and 14 are significant to nazis, I guess a google would reveal why.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
At first when I read this I thought it said ATS not ATF...whew, scared me there.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
It's morbid to ask, but what with the precise number of people. 88 to kill, 102 to decapitate.

The article said shoot 88 and decapitate 14. 88+14=102

According to one of the articles 88 and 14 are symbolic numbers to white supremacists.

Have no idea why though.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
reply to post by Areal51

It's morbid to ask, but what with the precise number of people. 88 to kill, 102 to decapitate.

I may be talking out of my hat here but I've heard 88 stands for Heil Hitler. H is the eighth letter in the alphabet so 88 would be HH, short for heil Hitler.

As for the rest, I haven't a clue. I avoid folks like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is what scares me about electing Obama. I dont know if Im more afraid of Obama or his running mate Biden. Obama is the lesser of two evils between Biden and Him FOR SURE. If Obama gets picked off and Biden gets in....we will be fighting all of Israels wars for the next 4 years. He will bankrupt our country and well.....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not to be disgusting here but if the presidential candidate gets killed prior to the elections does the VP automatically step into the presidential position?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join