It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red State Stunning Early Votes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well now isn't this interesting!

Early California voting way off of reported poll numbers...

IMHO thought the 18 point lead last week was a little far off.

Stunning results in early voting in California.

Posted by: redalert

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 01:15PM CDT

California has begun early voting already as well as mail-in balloting. The number of people who have gone in to vote in person has been extensive.

The results so far prove what we had always suspected. The polls are being proven as totally unreliable.

Although the results of early balloting have not been disclosed,of course,how many Republicans and how many Democrats have voted has been revealed.

The results are simply shocking. The polls showed Barack Obama with an 18 point lead in California just a few days ago.

The results thus far are the complete opposite.

In the most liberal state in the entire country,the results are that 99,000 Republicans have voted and 96,000 Democrats voted.

In the mail-in balloting the results so far are that 9,000 Democrats sent in their ballots and that 5,000 Republicans did so.

So with nearly 210,000 people having voted,the Democrats have only a 1,000 vote advantage !

If we take the liberty of assuming that all Republicans will vote for John McCain and all Democrats will vote for Obama,then the race is incredibly close.

I'm sure that Obama will eventually win in California,but if he is struggling here after he pushed so hard for early voting,then he will lose the election !

Everybody thought he would win California in a landslide,but so far anyway,it's very tight.

That means that in the less liberal states he is in real trouble.

"It's not over until it's over."

www.redstate.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Lol, you are joking right? You are basing this on the fact that 210,000 voters have sent in early ballots(in california mind you). And only on what they are registered as??? Reaching redstate.com, reaching.

Maybe 210,000 people is a lot in , say Oklahoma, but in Cali, its chump change. And I love how the website assumes all registered calif. republicans are voting for Mccain... lol. better than most stand up comedy I tell ya.

But thanks for the laugh.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Are you saying that the polls are a guarantee that Obama will win?

Cause if you listen to the MSM that is exactly what they would have you to believe. If these polls are such a guarantee that one side will win, why even vote?

Fact is we won't know who wins till all the voting is done.

Early voting to me don't matter much. Those people usually already made up their mind. The ones that count the most are the ones voting on election day who may not vote or just haven't decided who to vote for.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OH crayfish!!! Obama is ahead. I guess there is no reason to get off my lard butt, now. The 'lection is lost!!!

This is why results of any kind should not be released before election day...after ALL of the polling places have been closed.

Nov.5 won't come soon enough, I want to know now. sheesh

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Quick! Spin the story while the statistics favor your argument!
Perhaps you can get a few more Palin supporters to the polls.

What are we not hearing in this story? Are all of the California counties reporting their data? I would love to actually see a breakdown of the statistics. And I would love to see them again in a few days as people are still early voting.

Until we see the cumulative results after election day, this story is just fluffy spin.

In public relations, spin is providing an interpretation of an event or campaign to persuade public opinion in favor or against a certain organization or public figure. While traditional public relations may also rely on creative presentation of the facts, "spin" often, though not always, implies disingenuous, deceptive and/or highly manipulative tactics.

The techniques of spin include:

* Selectively presenting facts and quotes that support one's position (cherry picking)
    * Non-denial denial
    * Phrasing in a way that assumes unproven truths
    * Euphemisms to disguise or promote one's agenda

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

More than 20 million early ballots have already been cast and the larger share of these has been by registered Democrats. As Mr Obama embarked on a sweep of eight states in the final 96 hours of the election, his aides said there were real signs that hopes of a surge among first-time voters were being fulfilled

www.timesonline.co.uk...

So much for the original poster's premise.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers on Tuesday play out.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Are there any Repubs actually holding their breath to win Kalifornia???

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Are there any Repubs actually holding their breath to win Kalifornia???

I'm a life-long Republican and life long California resident. I'm not holding my breath for a McCain win but I sure would be happy as a clam if McCain won this state by a landslide!

Over the last several months I have seen oodles of Obama signs which has been discouraging, but in the last week, all of a sudden McCain/Palin signs are all over my neighborhood and I am elated!

I think it's a longshot for McCain to win California but I'm seeing a lot of his supporters coming out of the woodwork in the 11th hour.

McCain/Palin '08

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Actually, you're logic might be a little faulty on the MSM manipulating the polls to keep McCain voters home...

The democrats have been adamant that this won't be a landside. They are worried that if it looks like a shoe-in for Obama, the Obama supporters will not feel the need to vote, as it is already in the bag... Therefore pumping up the poll numbers would destroy the chances the democrats have in office...

There is something to be said of the "Imminent Victory" propaganda strategy though... But I haven't seen too much pressure to support the use of that strategy. This stratagy would fluff the polls so much, that everyone would think beyond a shadow of a doubt that obama is going to win... and will appeal to the subconscious desire to be on "the winning side"... this strategy could be used increase the odds in Obama's favor...

However, mostly the feeling that Obama's victory is imminent is the fact that Republicans not loyal to McCain are coming out in droves stating they are losing, or aren't hopeful...

This may be a propaganda technique, but If it is, it is remarkably subtle, and seems to have the bipartisan support...

now looking on redstate.com to get your election predictions, isn't very responsible if you are looking for sheer objectivity. Instead, websites like that are designed to report only what the conservatives would like them to report...

I wouldn't go to the DNC's website to get my election news, unless I wanted to study spin techniques...

new topics

top topics

join