It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT ready for Disclosure.. Or visitation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So, this is something I have been wondering about for a while, myself.

You see, I have tried.. I have tried to accept the existence of other beings. And I totally believe that they are real. I think it was Skyfloating who started a thread about encouraging them to visit, and changing your mindset through meditation so it's possible.

No matter how much I try though, I am horrified of these crafts. I know they are crafts out there, along with beings from elsewhere.

But my dreams constantly haunt me with images of them in the sky, and then the intense need to run and hide.
What does it take to get over the intense fear of them? I was scared of Skyfloating's thread about welcoming them to contact you.. Just thinking if it opened my mind to let them contact, it would happen.

Anyone else feel this way? I am sure I'm not alone. I want to be accepting of other beings, and not so fearful. I want to be like others here who have had contact, and welcome it without fear.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ye when i was alot younger were talking about 4-5 i used to be scared of soo many things like lightning storms for example theirs nothing i can do about it its definitely going to happen so i made myself look forward to it and now watching one of them is my most favourite thing in the world but now im only scared of heights but i can manage it now all you have to do is just turn it into a posotive and try to make yourself look forward to it or anything that your not looking forward to.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Thats easy, if they are there then they have been for a very long time. They havent harmed you when you didnt know of them so theres no reason to fear once you know of them.

Humans fear things they dont understand, most of all because of primal needs. The survival instinct, the fear that you have to protect what you have, to provide for yourself and family. Its the same reason many animals attack territorial invaders, they fear a threat to survival.

In truth humans are now smart enough to rationalise and its time we learned to do so. We cannot always exist in a world where we make all the rules, at sometime we have to accept that we are not the be all and end all of everything.

That doesnt mean we should fear things with no cause to do so.

If you run and hide from imaginary threats then you will be running and hiding from progress itself. We need to learn, to understand and to accept things as they are, as with everything it comes with time but by now we should be ready for that challenge.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I've myself been thinking of this. I am convinced that there are et-beings visiting/on Earth, but what if I ever met one face to face? It would be so much more personal than seeing one of their crafts in the sky. I'm quite sure that if I were a bit surprised with meeting one I'd faint or something.
But if I knew "Ok, behind this door is one of them", and ofc I'd open it. That would be better, but still frigthening when it comes down to it.
These are just thoughts as I have never ever had an experience of this kind. I'm going towards this with the philosophy that a pure heart has nothing to fear. But still, I have to work on it - envision.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just my perspective:

There are lots of reasons to fear:

No matter how much we want to believe these beings are friendly, we don't know for 100% certain that they are. Some may be and some may not be.

If they are unfriendly, there is just about zip we can do about it.

They may not be 'unfriendly' in the traditional sense but may not consider us fully sentient because of their high degree of advancement; they may have a different definition of sentience than we do. Which means we might be interesting scientific subjects, cute pets, or even food to them. This doesn't make them hostile, any more than we are hostile to, say, beef cattle or laboratory rats. We tend them carefully and meet their survival needs, maybe even make pets of them - until it's time to eat them or experiment on them, that is.

Whatever happens, even in a positive exchange, we are likely to feel completely helpless and at their mercy. Being at the mercy of a complete unknown is a very frightening experience, but it is a natural reaction. Fear is to be expected at first contact for any being with emotions. I do not think any benign aliens are waiting for us to lose our fear.

I think what a benign alien would want to see before disclosure would be a tendency to think rationally and hold intelligent discourse in spite of our fear, withholding instant judgment and violent reaction until a basis can be established for trust.

So the question is this: can your ability to reason outweigh your fear?

Because until that can happen they probably won't want to disclose themselves. Except a few of them who are maybe not so benign.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the replies... Good to see that it's a normal thing to fear these being we know are there, but not much more than that about them.

I agree with the idea of making it something to look forward to, and being excited about.
At the same time, a couple others mentioned being able to rationalize it.
I suppose being openminded, and having no tense or negative feelings at all, despite the fear, is probably the way to go. Hostility is definitely no way to treat other beings. Whether they are alien to us, or cattle, or lab rats, etc..

Kinda makes me think, treat others as you'd want to be treated.

Still, guess there is no way of thinking to really lose the fear.
As Billy mentioned once before, experiencing something over and over again, puts something unknown a little closer to the comfort zone. Maybe

new topics

top topics

join