It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret chambers inside the Great Pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was just watching a documentary on NatGeo about an hour ago about the pyramids and learned something absolutely fascinating.

Coming of the two main chambers are (for lack of a better term) vents going diagonally up and out of the pyramids, but there are no exits locations on the exteriors of the great pyramids. Dr Zahi Hawass (as seen on TV) often theorizes that there are still treasure caches to be found and (I quote) "..will be the greatest discovery in Egyptology, maybe even the world." (At least I think that's what he said)

In 1993, Hawass with the aide of a German robotics team, drove a probe up the vents (from the interior) only to come to a limestone barrier. Some were very frustrated, so they did some probing and found that the limestone was 3" thick.

So in 2002, they returned to try again, this time with a drill on the probe. It crawled up the vent to the barrier again, and drilled a hole in which a small endoscope was inserted.

And what did they find????

Why, another barrier of course!

Hawass remains hopeful that that .way and discoveries will be made.

The thing I felt the most intriguing was that some invasive scans were done (x-ray style, I'm not sure exactly what it was) that suggested that in fact extra chambers do exist high in the structures. The scans showed that there is low density areas high up in the pyramids reminiscent of cavities.

So I was just wondering, what do you guys speculate are in there?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have nothing to back this up with, but I was taught in school that the Pharos when buried would be sealed off in secret chambers so that their tombs could not be robbed. I realize that lots of them have been found but maybe some of them were more secretive than others.

I also believe there could well be secret chambers we know nothing about or maybe these walls were put in for structural stability. They are ancient so maybe they knew what they were doing when they built them due to trial and error.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Maybe they'll find the WMDs that Saddam Hussein was hiding.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IsRosewoodSinking

No, Those were shipped to Syria, wait? Didnt the US military just go over the border?
Hmmmm,

new topics

top topics

join