It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof god exist's with no proof he doesn't

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

control is an illusion brought on by the ability to predict or influence outcomes

why would i be afraid to let go of an illusion i know is an illusion

im not afraid to take responsabilty for my self i do not need an imaginary to hold my hand and make me feel ok

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Life is much easier when you don't have to claim responsibility for your own actions...

Religion is a security blanket... it teaches you that its not your fault, its "god's will".

Nothing bad ever happens... if you see it as something bad, its part of a grand scheme...

take some responsibility... admit to the fact that sometimes bad stuff happens because it happens...

natural disasters are not punishment doled out by god...
Evils perpatrated by men is not a way of "testing your faith".

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Who isn't reading whose quotes and posts? I'll almost sure you didn't get through one Bible quote I posted, and if you did you didn't understand it or how it applied to the topic.

Evidence of Creation is all around us. Evidence of Russell's Teapot is non-existent.

yes there is evidence of creation all around there is no evidence how ever that it was designed or that the creator is an imaginary beardy sky man

the evidence says evolution is the creator woohoo

I think you guys were too busy patting each other on the back and feeling sexy to see this post.

umkmmm i posted you several links on pge 4 near the bottom

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I've read the Bible cover to cover three times and am almost done with my fourth time through. I am not most people. I am me, a singularity. Nor do I take any pride in saying that. I am my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ's humble saervant, nothing more, nothing less. The entire Bible points to Him.

You're right, you don't know how blood clotting evolved, because it didn't. It couldn't have. Think about it. There's lots you don't know, that's where God is. He is part of what you don't know (I'd like to end this sentence with a hopeful "yet"). There is plenty I don't know, as well. I trust God to reveal it to me as needed for my service of Him.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

wait you read Genesis kept a straight fce and still believe?

ive read it cover to cover twice and a whole lotta bits here and there

revelations is great magic mushrooms really are the way to go when writing

maybe you can explain how the noah story is actually 2 stories mixed together but no one seems to mention this except us ungodly unbelievers

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Just because you don't understand something, does not mean "a magic man done it".

You have yet to offer one shred of evidence supporting your claim that your god exsists at all.

Nor have you acknowledged the argument of Russell's Teapot...

You are not engaging on debate, or any sort of rational arguement. Instead you are quoting your discredited book (I discredited it earlier, and you failed to respond to that charge) and using it as fact.

I have a Geography book from the Eighties in my attic somewhere... according to that, russia is called the U.S.S.R.

I know this to be false, because I have read about the events, and seen footage of what has happened over there in the last 2 decades... the book has been discredited and is deemed inaccurate.

According to your logic, you cannot discredit your book, nor is it inaccurate. using that line of thought, and applying it to my situation with the old geography book, the U.S.S.R. still exists...

Although, I'm willing to bet my old geography book contains more verifiable truth than your book...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Ok, now let's calculate how long it would take for such a system to "evolve". The "big bang" just keeps getting farther back, doesn't it? And, where did that stuff that went bang come from, anyway?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

wait you read Genesis kept a straight fce and still believe?

ive read it cover to cover twice and a whole lotta bits here and there

revelations is great magic mushrooms really are the way to go when writing

maybe you can explain how the noah story is actually 2 stories mixed together but no one seems to mention this except us ungodly unbelievers

The story of Noah is actually the Epic of Gilgamesh... an ancient Sumerian myth which significantly predates the biblical story.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Even if you can disprove or discredit my theory, it does not in the least offer any viability to your stories.

I'm asking you to prove your story. that is what this thread was originally about. please stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

its called a singularity

were not 100% sure how it works or how it came to be but

magic man did it is 100% inacurate

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Family's home and dinner is waiting. Back later, God willing. You guys carry on without me for a while. I'm sure you have plenty to talk about.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

He was trying to skew the argument, and attack my theories...

for some reason, people of faith think if they can discredit my theories, it validates their's...

sigh... I bet it annoys him that I won't debate on his terms lol

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

The story of Noah is actually the Epic of Gilgamesh... an ancient Sumerian myth which significantly predates the biblical story.

yeah that i know but serious grab yor bible and reead it

first its 2 of each animal then its 2 of the unclean 7 pairs of the clean sort, then back too two of each

the animals go on the ark ad wait for it to rain, then when it starts to rain the animals go on the ark, then it rains for 40 days andnights, then itsays 128 days and night, then the dove oes out and finds the branch and he floats onto a mountain top, then it says that its 9 whole months till any land broke the surface of the water

then bearing in mind he took so few animals onboard his first reaction is to start killing em for god -_-

it literally is 2 different versions of the same story mixxed into one telling so its really odd

[edit on 27/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
yah, the bible is horrible like that lol

its a mess... a complete mess...

there are entire books dedicated to the thousands of contradictions the bible has...

I cant't believe someone read it cover to cover and doesn't think anything of it...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

yeah the your wrong i must be right is always amusing ^_^

another good one is the why dont you take ID seriously

1)its not a theory just a few bad arguments to disprove evolution
2)theres no proof
3) it doesnt explain anything
4)god really doesnt like bananas

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I like how eventually they switch to the "cause god made it that way arguement".

even if you can win the evolution argument, they proceed to tell you it was "god's plan all along"

I don't think we'll be seeing much more action in here...

perhaps if the two that were arguing the side of religion could debate better, I'd challenge them in the debate forums

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

well the good news is it started slowng down just in tme for a program i wanted to watch guess ill go make me a coffee and get all comfy while i watch the rest ^_^

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'll just have to shake the dust of you two off my sandals and move on.

The parable of the sower applies, as always. One sows, another waters, but God gets the increase. Amen.

May your belief system continue to work for you, as mine does for me. Remember, science is always changing to accomodate new discoveries. You call it evolution, I call it revelation.

Enjoy the ride, but don't forget to choose a destination.

Peace. Out.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Did he just leave thinking to himself that he won?

It sounds like he did... :bnghd:

Science changes to accomodate new discoveries, I'm glad you pointed out the single greatest strength that the scientific method has to offer...

Its better than holding on to 2000+ year old ideas, and not adapting to new discoveries...

sigh...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
If there was proof god did not "EXIST"...we would have no law's based on the ten commandments..
thou shall not kill
steal
honor your mother and father
ect...
They are wither your atheist or Muslim ect... those basic law's are embedded in our very fabric of what we call Man.

Can you picture a world that was never introduced to these beliefs or idea's?

I see man breaking these commandments with total disregard for them and with out punishment or consequence, Governments and religion has killed in the name of their cause. The church alone held back information and education from the masses on purpose in the middle ages. And they have assassinated, stole moneys from those they have killed. All in the name of GOD.
The White man has killed in the name of being what was called the superior race. The killed Slaves and Indians without the charge of murder. They stole the lands of the Indians had been inhabiting for thousands of years because they felt since they were a traveling hunter gather civilization and practiced a more tribal way of life that they were barbarians and were ostracized, murders, robbed and raped of their pride.
Before you think about replying to this about God making a set of rules that you should live by or he will punish you, think about this. Maybe when they came to write the Bible. They, being the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD, set up the canons and the teachings that would be in the Bible and maybe they wrote the story for the Ten Commandments because they wanted some standard rules that they agreed would be needed in order to help keep order and set a moral standard for the followers they wanted. Besides making a good moral standard, they also sound like a good sound things you should just do. Besides these are some laws that go back to Babylonian and Sumerian time which predate Moses. Just some food for thought for ya.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join