It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof god exist's with no proof he doesn't

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

yah, I added a disclaimer about selective breeding right afterwards

I figured that would come up

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh he left.

when confronted with arguments that discredit his religious beliefs, he plays like an ostrich, sticks his head in the ground and ignores everything?

counting it as silly...

sigh... i guess we all can't "Deny Ignorance"

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

as opposed to a pagan son of god ... i mean sun god?

yes it got silly about the time all the bible quotes appeared

the bible proves the bible exists nothing more

awww ya beat me to it lol ^_^

[edit on 27/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Its always a pleasure when you're in the thread noob lol.

u seriously made me laugh on a few of those comments...

You were saying the stuff I wanted to, but didn't because I didn't want it to degenerate into an ad hominem arguement lol

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

My statements of belief are not forced on others, they are offered.

What is a crutch to you is a rock to me, the stone the builders rejected.

My beliefs have been repeatedly validated, beyond doubt. They are truth to me.

Maybe it is you who is afraid. Maybe that's why you want strong sauce.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

well if its not fun your doing it wrong ^_^

in a serious thread ill hold back a little but this is a day dream merrygo round so may as well have fun with it

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Truth to you does not mean fact...

its great you found something that works for you. If you chose to live that lie, more power too ya...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

yah, this one was way too easy...

I was expecting a little more of an argument, but I never saw one.

I just saw them dodging my arguments, and quoting bible verses as fact.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

My statements of belief are not forced on others, they are offered.
no you told me im going t hell to burn for eternity thats not offering me anything thats just a threat

What is a crutch to you is a rock to me, the stone the builders rejected.
so this is why your so unable to move towards rationality, shall we get you a wheel chair?

My beliefs have been repeatedly validated, beyond doubt. They are truth to me.

Maybe it is you who is afraid. Maybe that's why you want strong sauce.
yes im afriad of my brain it keeps asking questions and all the ansers i find lead away from an imaginary sky daddy that wants to come get my ghost and party for all eternity

im an atheist that means there is alomst certainly no god, the possability is so tiny its practically impossible but i still recognise that small possabilty and await proof

you are fixed unflitching in faith without proof of an invisible all powerful deity

who's mind is more open to possabilities? and it is not the open mind that shows the greater fear its open to allow exploration

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I think we scared em off...

They are at home, praying for our souls as we speak

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Have your fun, guys.

Just do me a favor and check out The Truth Project. You obviously think "the box" and "the stuff" in the box is all there is. Review the discourse between Plato and Aristotle. Do some research into other possibilities. I have. I used to be 100% empirical like you. Now I know better. Like Rumsfeld said after 9/11, "there are the known knowns, the known unknowns, and the unknown unknowns."

Yes, we are the stewards of God's Creation. We have the ability to interbreed different animals. That doesn't prove evolution, that proves interbreeding. The Platypus serves its purpose, for which it was created.

Explain how blood clotting evolved for me, will you? How many cycles did it take to get that one right, and how did anything survive without it?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
reply to post by noobfun

yah, this one was way too easy...

I was expecting a little more of an argument, but I never saw one.

I just saw them dodging my arguments, and quoting bible verses as fact.

this has got to be a new low in proof of god

you cant prove it wrong so it must be right -_-

almost as retarded as the banana is proof becasue of how well it fits in your mouth/hand and with a little ky jelly your ....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

my favorite moment was when he said "There's no evidence of Russell's teapot"

which is the point... it was kind of funny to me... it means they weren't reading my quotes lol

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

www.pandasthumb.org...
www.millerandlevine.com...
www.talkorigins.org...

consider this the wheel chair i offered you towards reason

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

no you told me im going t hell to burn for eternity thats not offering me anything thats just a threat

That's not a threat, that's a consequence.

I think what really scares you about an all powerful, just, righteous Creator is not being in control. The last thing you want to do is surrender your will. You're afraid to give up reins that aren't in your hands to begin with, and never have been.

Go on thinking your life is ruled by random chance and your responses to circumstance and happenstance. There is no such thing as luck, chance, or coincidence. That's all evolution is about, when you get right down to it.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Explain how blood clotting evolved for me, will you? How many cycles did it take to get that one right, and how did anything survive without it?

I think you guys were too busy patting each other on the back and feeling sexy to see this post.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Evolution is not random chance...

Suggested reading for you:

Sam Harris, "Letter to a Christian Nation'

Richard Dawkins, "The Blind Watchmaker", "The Selfish Gene" and "The God Delusion"

if you run across any Dan Dennet, that might be helpful too.

Usually the path to realizing that religion is bunk, starts with reading the bible... Cover to cover...

Few people do this, instead they only read the "suggested" parts that are all warm and fuzzy...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

A question like Blood Clotting is best left to the Biologists who study for years how this happens... Honestly, I have no clue, but I am certain someone out there could explain it...

See how I did that... I wasn't afraid to say I didn't know, and would actually look toward scientific research before stating a case...

It sounds better than "A magic man done it"

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Who isn't reading whose quotes and posts? I'll almost sure you didn't get through one Bible quote I posted, and if you did you didn't understand it or how it applied to the topic.

Evidence of Creation is all around us. Evidence of Russell's Teapot is non-existent.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The fact that there is no evidence for Russell's teapot is exactly the point.

The quote went on to explain that without proof, if the teapot had been referenced in ancient texts, and taught as religious dogma, people would have to start DISPROVING the fact that the teapot exists. Then the people who question the teapot would be deemed as weirdo's...

thats a paraphrase... if you'd like to read the quote for real this time... here it is :

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join