It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof god exist's with no proof he doesn't

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I think the fact someone stated that there is no evidence supporting russell's teapot means that the point has been missed completely...

Read the quote by russell I included in that post:

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

no, evidence of a scientific theory along the lines of evolution is all around us... and you refuse to acknowledge it.

You have yet to give me any solid evidence... I'm waiting for some sort of a debatable position to come out of this...

right now, you are just giving me decrees by fiat, circular logic, and vague statements that don't apply to the argument at hand.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

That's the catch. I don't believe anyone can prove to another that God exists. He is supernatural and inexplicable by His very nature. His grace is a freewill offering that must be accepted of one's own freewill. You have a choice to accept or reject Him. Choosing not to choose is rejection.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

how do you know they are the evil ones and christianity isnt an invention of the devil to take you away from the truth of vishnu?

and 2000 years mean 2000 years of bad debunkers? no just 2000 years of people not taking responsability for them selves and ignoring common sense and logic and all the ddebunkers goo and bad

[edit on 27/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

noobfun, your a blast

your like the little devil voice on my shoulder lol

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Evolution is not solid evidence. Its not even science. The fossil record is missing all the transitional species. You must know this. It would have to have happened in quantum leaps, and that isn't evolution.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

ssshhh the will be calling a pastor to exercise my devil loving evil soul straight to hell ..and just before i get to go celibrate satans birthday too

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Every species on earth is a transitional species... if you understood evolution this would be obvious.

Evolution doesn't stop. We are continuing to evolve as a species as well. We still hold some of the traits from our ancestors as a matter of fact. Appendix, Wisdom teeth and body hair to name a few. The ability to wiggle ones ears is actually a trait from past generations in our evolutionary history, where there was a more defined muscle controlling our ears, allowing us to point them in different directions, much like a chimp.

These traits are actually fading away, as evolution dictates it is no longer necessary... however useless traits do not "disappear" until it poses a threat to our survival. Then natural selection takes its course and these traits will slowly work their way out of our bodies.

Your statement shows a gross misunderstanding of Evolution.

According to your theory though, the Platypus must have been a creation of "god" that he decided to make out of spare parts...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

ask and ye shall recieve as jesus supposedly said

Archeopterix
Tiktaalik
Ambulocetus
Eohippus>Mesohippus>Parahippus>Merychippus>modern horse
and pretty much any species of raptor, shows transition from early dinosaur towards birds

and there is NO SUCH THING AS A REAL TRANSITIONAL species becasue everything is evolving all the time

and yes evolution isnt a science it is a massive unifying part of biology, and it is biology that is a science

[edit on 27/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Careful, now.

Matthew 12

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

The only unforgiveable sin is denying Christ.

Hebrews 11

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

but may be the devil put that in so you would be to worried to look at the truth of allah?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Oh, does it? Not these days, it doesn't.

Riiiight. So how does one species evolve into another without leaving a fossil record? Quantum evolution? That isn't evolution, that's design.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Educate yourself so you stop making ignorant comments such as:

I just pray it isn't too late to save your immortal soul from eternal damnation.

You found a crutch to get you through life, but rather than bask in your personal victory, you chose to push it on others - and most likely to re-enforce your own beliefs...

Just like most of your brethren, you are not satisfied with your theorem - and of course not, because despite your lack of rationale you still have a semblance of intuition that keeps whispering in your ear, "maybe this is a fallacy at best..."

Weak sauce man...

grammar edit!

[edit on 10/27/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Oh you make this too easy LOL

Only christians can go to heaven right?

Jesus and his apostles must be rotting in your hell then, as they were jews...

by your standards, is Ghandi in hell? Bhudda?

In many ways, I am jealous...

I wish I could have Religious leaders to tell me how to think
that would remove the burden of actually thinking for myself.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Are you serious?

What about fossils of reptiles that had feathers? That would be transitional right?

Did god create all species of dogs all at once? or did they share a common ancestor and evolve into the different species that we have today...

Although, to be fair, this isn't an example of Natural Selection... this is an example of selective breeding. A situation where man controlled the evolution of a species... as we have in all "domesticated" species.

How do you explain viruses and bacteria being able to "evolve" to become resistant to modern treatments? Or how about when we intentionally manufacture a bacteria by selective breeding to become biological weapons?

Evolution is more sound that you give credit to.

link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Oh, does it? Not these days, it doesn't.
what doesnt?

Riiiight. So how does one species evolve into another without leaving a fossil record? Quantum evolution? That isn't evolution, that's design.

what? we have fossil records your just not paying them enough attention
or dnt understand some of the process

both answers need clarity of comment before i can answer

link   
So the bible says so...ok

The commandments have been put into our hearts by God...not any god...THE God (Christian)

The bible holds all the words of God and they are the only words that have the truth and salvation to them. The commandments rose from them. So pardon me while I wade through this and post a few things.

Now I want to say right now I am not telling or asking anyone to be an Egyptian Pagan. I just get so tired about the good book having all the answers when there was another source much older. Now I am not saying old makes it right but it's the whole classic argument of the primacy versus recency effect. Why is the bible true? Because God said it was.

Well then...

The Bible's words (with the Egyptian equivelant which frankly I think was pillaged to make the bible)

Thall shall not steal (I have not taken milk from a child's mouth; I have not driven small cattle from their herbage)

Thall shall not kill (I have not killed; I have not turned anyone over to a killer)

Thall shall not commit adultery (I have not copulated illicitly)

Idolatry (I have not blocked the God at his processions/I have not reviled the God)

Then forget the commandments...now God tells us to do things his way. (I have not done what the God abominates)

How about this one...

I know thee, I know thy name, I know the names of the 42 Gods who are with thee in this broad hall of the Two Truths . . . Behold, I am come unto thee. I have brought thee truth; I have done away with sin for thee. I have not sinned against anyone. I have not mistreated people. I have not done evil instead of righteousness

Amazing...people in Egyot knew how to act before the Christian God and the word of God was around...

How can that be?

Again I am not saying I know the only path. I am not even asking you to view my or listen to my path. It makes no difference to me at all.

But just listen to this one line...

This is from my own mouth btw

"I have read these ways to live from the Book of the Dead. The Gods say it is true and is the path. Since the words of the Gods are infalliable, and the Book of the Dead is their path, then I have just proven this book to be true."

Sounds a touch foolish? You decide.

Did the 10 Commandments of the Christian God set the tone of how to act? I highly doubt it. There were books before it that show the way. So here's one for me as well. Did the Book of the Dead show us how to act? I doubt that too. Though I believe in the Book of the Dead I can't rightly sit and tout that it's the way life is, will be, and always has been. Guess what folks, people were around before the Book of the Dead and back then rape and murder were still vile.

I'm minorly exhasted now. I am so tired of it. I really am. You live your life your way and I will live my life my way. Why does it all have to be your way?

and ps...when the world is over, I will be seeing the path. The one that I set and that one that will bring me to heaven.

SPOILER: it won't be through Jesus...and I will be just fine

-Kyo

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Ok. Now this discussion has devolved into silliness. As far as I know, allah is a pagan moon god. If not, the truth will be revealed to me and my error corrected.

Acts 17

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Its been real, and its been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. Take care, and God bless.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

in the intrests of clarity dogs didnt evolve

we interbred charichteristics we wanted from semi domesticated wolves, over time hose changes we breed in some species and not others gave way to large differances in build charachter etc

dogs are 100% man made

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
you are using the bible as your source?

the bible is riddled with contradictions.

here, take a look: www.infidels.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join