It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof god exist's with no proof he doesn't

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The proof is in the putting.
If he Did "EXIST" it wouldn't be faith.
and we would automatically follow like sheep..and not do as we please and no choice to choose.

If there was proof god did not "EXIST"...we would have no law's based on the ten commandments..
thou shall not kill
steal
honor your mother and father
ect...
They are wither your atheist or Muslim ect... those basic law's are embedded in our very fabric of what we call Man.

Can you picture a world that was never introduced to these beliefs or idea's?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Or it could be that someone/something of a higher order NOT based upon religious doctrine, set us up for success, or failure, depending on how you look at it...

But to think we would have never generated our own set of morals or ethics because we were NOT introduced to the 10 commandments or organized religion is Blasphemy...!

You must repent for starting this thread...

420 Hail Mary's for you...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"Proof god exist's with no proof he doesn't"
"The proof is in the putting."
Im sorry but that is not proof.
So you like millions of other people, just lied.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Proof to me would be irrefutable evidence that punishment occurs when "God's" laws are broken.

I.E.

if I had the power to make laws for mankind to follow - I'd sure as hell be dishing out the pain when someone broke em

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
think you mean pudding ... if the proofs in the udding then its the pudding that doesnt exist

your right, now prove a god/gods exist anyone i dont care then it wouldnt be a wild leap of faith to believe

If there was proof god did not "EXIST".
how can you have proof of somthing that cannot leave proof as it doesnt exist ... prove santa doesnt exist or that saturn doesnt have a colonoy of super space ants

..we would have no law's based on the ten commandments..
thou shall not kill
steal
ect...
They are wither your atheist or Muslim ect... those basic law's are embedded in our very fabric of what we call Man.
we have other laws too those are man made so why not these? faith again is the only answer why

no becasue in any situation where animals live in social groups they create thier own system of regulation and support for the group

chimps protect one another, teach one another, honour family bonds, help raise others young within the group, share food etc etc

why havnt we ever seen chimps with a bible in thier back pocket?

same with man, man made rule to keep small groups of men working together for the good of the group

your using a natural system and holding it up as proof for an unnatural belief system, again you need faith to make this work

if you pour sugar in a bowl it organisise its self to fill the voids, by this thinking god puts eachgrain of sugar exactly where he thinks it should go ... if he does your gods abit of an anal-retentive

[edit on 27/10/08 by noobfun] - spelling and wireless keyboard missing letters >_<

[edit on 27/10/08 by noobfun]

[edit on 27/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Are you suggesting that man would steal and cheat and lie and kill because they were not told that it was wrong by the commandments?!

That's just stupid.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The burden of proof lies with the person making the exceptional claim.

You must prove he does exist if you are making that claim. It is not the responsibility of anyone to disprove your claim.

Prove to me that Invisible Unicorns don't exist.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

really bad logic here. not to mention the spelling

and we would automatically follow like sheep..and not do as we please and no choice to choose.

is that why he gave us free will? so we could follow like sheep?

If there was proof god did not "EXIST"...we would have no law's based on the ten commandments..
thou shall not kill
steal
ect...

what about thou shall not run a red light? did he make that law up or did we? im pretty sure we as the human race came up with our own do's and don'ts. so once again, failed logic. spelling has improved though.

yes, it would be called Utopia

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

thou shall not kill
steal
ect...

I have to set the story straight here:

These "commandments" existed long before the Judeo-christian faiths did. In fact many of these were borrowed from something called Hammurabi's code, which predates the biblical account of the ten commandments by many many generations.

I think the bible has been archeologically discredited to the point it is fair to exclude it from a list of sources as we study history.

OP... As I said earlier... The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. give me irrefutable evidence (not circular logic or straw man attacks) to back your claim.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Oh my god I've killed another one...

I want the title "Destroyer of Threads" now...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

hahahaha i think your bieng a little imodest really this tread died about

posted on 27/10/08 @ 21:39 single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

the second it was posted

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

The proof is all around us, all the time. You guys can't see the forest for the trees. It is inside of us, too. The complexity of a single cell shows there are three elements to the universe: energy, matter, and information. Information necessitates intelligence.

I recommend anyone doubting this take a good, long look at The Truth Project. Don't be afraid, watch the whole thing. Evolution and the time elongation that go with it are the devil's lie that keeps you in bondage to the lesser I. Let go and experience the GREAT I AM. Halleluiah! Praise God!

Psalm 97

1 The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof.

2 Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.

3 A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about.

4 His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.

5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

7 Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The argument of Irreducible Complexity, which is the argument you provided us with, creates a paradox called "Infinite Regression". Which leads to a circular logic and decrees by fiat that your deity exists.

If there was proof god existed, irrevocable evidence, then no one would be a non-believer. simple as that.

Just because it cannot currently be explained or comprehended by humans, does not automatically indicate the presence of a deity.

I seek evidence. Give me irrefutable evidence of the existence of your god, or go home.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

"i am the one the only one, i am the god of kingdom come, gimme the prize" - gimme the prize, its a kind of magic, queen

why arnt you praying to the great moustache and teeth in the sky? freddie mercury spoke those words for all to hear the truth

this is man made same as the story your quoting,

the 10 commandments are borrowed from the egyption book of the dead, so why arnt you following the truth or RA and set and horus?

the bible is proof of the bible, nothing more

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's really an ingenious plan if you think about it...

god is all knowing and all powerful... we know this because the bible says so... the bible was supposedly written by man, and dictated by god...

god is all knowing and all powerful because he says so?

try breaking that string of circular logic lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Depends on what the God manifests as... Some might choose to follow and others not. Knowledge of something does not imply acceptance...

thou shall not kill
steal
ect...

Only six of the ten seem to have much to do with human conduct, and those would likely be figured out by observation alone.

"Gee, when we kill somebody, that person does not come back to help us plant our seed." That sort of thing.

The non-conduct-instructions are purely religious and since many do just fine with religion and fine without it, we might presume religion in its dogmatic form especially is unnecessary.

Yep. And it's a whole lot more peaceful. No one is killing another because they think THEIR religion is right and the other must be possessed by the Devil (or what have you).

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I seek evidence. Give me irrefutable evidence of the existence of your god, or go home.

You will get it, just not from me, and you can't tell me to go anywhere, bud.

God Himself will provide the evidence you seek one glorious day, I just pray it isn't too late to save your immortal soul from eternal damnation.

Again, I recommend The Truth Project. Plato and Aristotle settled this long ago, but the discussion continues.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Yeah, and Sting wrote, "The truth hits everybody, the truth hits everyone." I hope you can take the blow.

Atheists attack the Bible because it is the inspired Word of God handed down to men via the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Genesis especially, because if they can undo Creation and The Fall, there is no need for a Savior.

Evolution is the lie propagated for this purpose.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I just pray it isn't too late to save your immortal soul from eternal damnation.

Rather than praying for non-believers, don't you think your time would be better spent educating yourself...

content edit!

[edit on 10/27/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
reply to post by noobfun

Yeah, and Sting wrote, "The truth hits everybody, the truth hits everyone." I hope you can take the blow.

Atheists attack the Bible because it is the inspired Word of God handed down to men via the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Genesis especially, because if they can undo Creation and The Fall, there is no need for a Savior.

Evolution is the lie propagated for this purpose.

How do we know it is the inspired word of god?

Cause the bible itself says so? and it can't be wrong because it was written by god...

all you have is circular logic... using this line of thinking, the bible is true because its author says so...

This post is true... Don't try and deny it, I said so... and since this post says this post is true, it must be!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join