It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have to say walmart is pretty smart take the idiots out there and put them to work, my wife has a co worker that has a second job at walmart.. she has a second job but just went and bought 2 new cars and has 5 digits of credit card debt.. and doesnt stop and think of why she needs a second job and continues to spend spend spend.. like i said they let the idiots work there ..

Its not like people working there cant just say i quit and walk away.. they choose to be there.

As for shopping there, i shop there, however on many items local busness can beat there sales prices with non sale prices, a good example is meat, i can go to a local mom and pop and get fresh cut stuff for less than walmarts sale prices carbon monoxide drenched meat..

Walmart has some good deals and so do the mom and pops.. i shop everywhere, find the best deals and go where they are.. Really were in a world economy and even my chevy pickup is made in canada and hondas are made in the USA.. none of this crap matters any more , if this economic crisis has been any clue to you on the fact that all countries are interconnected.

Here is one interesting figure.. Buick sells more Buicks in china than in the USA.

And back on the topic of gun sales, my local walmart stopped selling guns about a year ago.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by E-ville]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

You're completely ignoring the fact that they are a criminal company who put profit before the welfare of their employees.

Even the crap company i used to work for had a healthcare benefits package available for it's employees.

As i said, we foot the bill for their shady business practices.

This really is off topic though. If i knew where it would be appropriate, i'd start a thread about this, so we could continue this debate in more detail.

perhaps a mod could direct me to where such a thread could be started.

On topic: My local walmart isn't allowed by law to sell guns.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Daedalus]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Criminal?

I think this member would disagree with you. He works at Walmart.

Ok so the thread is a bit old. You could make one in chit-chat on BTS.

Your right though we are getting off-topic. Ok back on in 3...2...1... go!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have always owned firearms its just the way it is in my family, we use them for home defense and hunting but my neighbors have been coming to me asking for recommendations on rifles. They fear economic collapse in the US and want to be able to protect their family and hunt their own food if the need arises.

Many have started canning and storing foods in case of emergency. They are also selling off equipment and land they dont need and turning the cash in to gold and silver.

I havent heard anything from them about worries if Obama wins or loses. Most already know that we have a 2 party kleptocracy and we are screwed no matter who wins.

I am starting to worry about ammo, a friend who owns a local gun store called me and asked if i needed any ammo because certain caliber shells were getting hard to get and he would hold a few cases for me if i needed them. Guns are not going to do us any good if we dont have ammo. I would advise anyone buying a gun or even if you own one to buy a few thousand rounds to put away.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

My friend, I would agree that Aussie soldiers are among the very best in the world. I fought alongside some in Vietnam, some decades ago. The Aussies, Americans, and Brits are all cousins, and we share not only a common ancestry as a group, but basis of law and common interests.

Our problem here is that we are likely more of a melting pot. We have people who die almost every week just trying to reach our shores.

We made a lot of mistakes in the past to be sure. And many of those mistakes we continue to pay for each day. And we continue to make major mistakes, as well as enable past mistakes.

However, due to the nature of our founding, we had differing requirements in founding our nation. Much different requirements. These different requirements dictated a different mindset.

So we are very jealous of those rights our founding fathers established. Some of those rights have been drastically eroded, but our core values have not changed much.

Our New England portion of the country in the Northeast is beautiful, packed with industrious people, and they don't subscribe so much to the need for firearms.

Our Southern states are rich in heritage and extreme pride. They are much more sensitive to the rights as guaranteed by our Constitution, especially the right to arms. After all, the Southern states tried to break away from the Northern states once, but without any industry to support the attempt, it failed.

Our Western lands are vast and beautiful. One can drive for miles and never see another. One cannot rely on rapid assistance from law enforcement, and this has been the situation for decades. So these folks have become very self-reliant.

California can go back to Mexico for all most Americans care, as long as they have to take the goober smootchers as well.

While we are somewhat different, we all value our Constitutional rights in varying degrees of ferocity. God help anyone who tries to force our rights from us.

So there is no comparison between us and any other country. Everyone should hold to their own and leave others alone. Walk in your own shoes, and let others walk in theirs.

Yeah. We have problems. But we have folks literally dying to get here. And I don't see that problem anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DesertWolf

I am starting to worry about ammo, a friend who owns a local gun store called me and asked if i needed any ammo because certain caliber shells were getting hard to get and he would hold a few cases for me if i needed them. Guns are not going to do us any good if we dont have ammo. I would advise anyone buying a gun or even if you own one to buy a few thousand rounds to put away.

Thanks for the tip.. looks like ill add some more to the stockpile.. any particulars on what sizes are getting harder to get..

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Military calibers and the brass that they are derived from them are getting scarce. Pistol and rifle calibers are getting expensive because the brass price for virgin as well as scrap has sky rocketed. Also, insurance for companies that produce any sort of weapon or cartridge has been on a tear and rising fast. I work part time for a small custom shop and our insurance for the business has gone up 80% in the last two years. Buy now and prevent the taxes and price hikes caused by third parties!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
infringement will equate to scarce and non existant ammo.
To get rid of weapons, TPTB need only sweep gun shops, wal-mart, sporting goods stores over a long weekend and confiscate all the ammo.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Most of the people I know in Missouri are very much holding on to their BIBLES and their guns...I have 4 children boys and girls they know how to hunt for food and plant a garden as well as use the gun for selfdefense...we have been stocking up for years just in case maybe nothing will happen but if something does we will be prepared.(and a.22 can be very deadly try mr /you sould know how to shot anything you pick up just like in the video games and our military are taught this)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
To those with hurray for Walmartitis read what these good folks are doing to us here in Ct. If anyone else has seen this its so wrong!!! This is from 'The Hartford Courant' one of the oldest news papers in the country!

walmartwatch.com...

just one of the many ways Wal-Mart gains revenue by screwing the public!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I just learned from an insider who works for one of the ABC government agencies. She said the martial law personnel and equipment has quietly beed placed in probable hot spots of civil unrest, around and in the USA prior to this weekend.
If there is social unrest, hopefully it can be contained in those hot spots, and not spread to larger geographical regions.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

And so it begins. Some of the guys I work with are Conn. National Guard. They haven't said anything or been put on any extra manuvers but I guess that could change. I'm going to ask them tomorrow if they have heard anything!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I discharged from the Army Guard two years ago.
I have some contacts that I could ask.
There is bound to be unrest no matter who wins the election this Tuesday.
There are two military rounds that are popular civilian calibres the .308
and .30-06. The M14 and M1 Garand respectively. Lots of ammo for both of those. (7.62mm)
Plus .223 Rem. (5.56mm)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

lol, you didn't even watch the vid i linked to, did you?

i'm gonna go ahead and guess no.

again, you might be comfortable footing the bill for their rubbish way of doing things, but i'm not.

You post one example of someone who likes working for them...sounds as if he's in management. why don't you ask regular employees...better yet, why don't you go to some of the communities that have been destroyed by the company, then come back and tell me they're A-OK

Here's an episode of frontline from 2004 about walmart. video.google.com...

now, as to the topic.....sounds as if they're expecting a fight....i do hope things don't get too bad..

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Daedalus]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Your crime rate has hardly dropped because of guns, i know someone will say that no one attacks a person with guns. Yes they do, why do we hear about attackers being killed entering peoples homes. It does not seem to be a deterrent at all.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by andy1033]

It's a hell of a deterrent. If some bastard dies trying to rob or harm someone then guess what? He will never, ever, do that again.

It's a wonderful deterrent!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
If there is social unrest, hopefully it can be contained in those hot spots, and not spread to larger geographical regions.

Why delay the inevitable? A quashed riot here, a silenced mob there, what difference will that make? Its time to take our country back from Wall St. corrupt politicians, etc... We used to have a free republic at one time, sadly, Ive never seen that in my lifetime. If it goes to hell this weekend, I hope it all goes, get it over with, at least people will know where they stand one way or another, no more questions on the direction of our nation.

Back on topic, my favorite gun store emailed me yesterday, they finally have more AK's arriving. Been held up for 6 weeks due to increased demand. If you are looking to load up on firearms and ammo, I would suggest doing it soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Check your local Academy Sports. They have 7.62x39 FMJ, 500rds for $74.75 or 20rds for $2.99. I believe the manufacturer is Monarch. Grabbing a few myself! I've seen it here in Oklahoma and have read on another board they have it in Texas.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
....all this talk of guns and ammo....*snif* i miss my guns.

I really hope things don't go to hell anytime soon...trying to disable people with non-lethal weapons is SUCH a pain in the ass...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Gun sales are up in Texas due to the drug wars occurring there and along the border.

There are already a couple of cities under martial law with curfews and travel restrictions. I believe Georgia and Kansas.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Talked to the guys in the NG that I work with. They where told that nothing was actualy expected but to remain by the phone after 8 pm on the fourth and also the 5th of Nov. The are listening to the vibes in the air but haven't actualy heard the expectation of a problem here.
I'm not sure whxt this means but I'm not going to ignore the possibility. Being an old boy scout I still live by the motto!
Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join