It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Thriving In Uncertain Times

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You paranoid losers would kill each other with your guns before doing anything useful with them. You all think you are the Punisher and will "own" people like super vigilantes with your guns. ROFL.

Let me tell you something. When the Crypts and Bloods take over your neighborhoods, they will have 100 guns to your 1, plus way more talent and ruthlessness. They will take your guns, and recruit your children promising the strength and protection that you couldn't provide.

You need to be more concerned with disarming these warlords before this time gets here, rather than deciding which firearms to kill yourselves with. Unless you are going to join a neighborhood or community militia, leave the guns to the soldiers. If you need a weapon to use as a security blanket then learn to use a sword, or get a tazer. Learn Ninjitsu.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
unable to read your interesting anonymous article, anonymous poster

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

This is totally true, a .22 is not a self defense weapon.

At best it is a small varmit gun or for target practice.

For close range home defense get a 12 gauge shotgun
and the right kind of ammo depending on what results you want.

Me personally I went for a 30-06 and 6x16x50 scope.

I do not plan on being anywhere near a city when SHTF.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I fear we are heading towards a situation where a perfect storm will bring a bloodbath to the citizens of America. With Our Dear Leader planning to change the weapons laws in this country, I ponder who will take them? The local police? Hardly, depending on your area, they would ignore or assist against such outright foolishness. They know that would be suicide. The feds? There are not enough badges to hand out for a national confiscation. Just look at what a bunch of whacked out Christians did to them in Waco. The military? That without a doubt would split this country into 50+ pieces. This is where it gets scary. This "National Security Force" the Dear Leader wants to put in place, who the hell will it be comprised of? What is their directive? Weapons confiscation. Period. It is straight out of Hitler and Stalin's playbook. You must disarm the populace to prevent any organized armed dissent against the manifesto. Want to make it even scarier? What would the racial makeup be of this force? Get the picture?

This is where my friends from across the world do not get it. The 2nd Amendment is in place to protect the rest of the freedoms from tyrannical rule. It has ZERO to do with hunting. If the Jews were armed, do you think the numbers that were killed would have been so high? Do you think if the 200 million Christians that were slaughtered in Russia and fellow Eastern Europeans were armed, they would have fell prey to the Stalinist hammer so easily? This is why my friends that we, Americans, own so many firearms. We have a genetic distrust of the government and we understand that it is a hell of alot easier to throw off the yoke of tyranny with AR15's and AK47's than fists and bats.

I am afraid these charlatans that have seized power through fluff and pathetic rhetoric have highly underestimated the will of Americans to keep that final buffer between citizen and subject within "arms" reach. This is a highly disconcerting and Orwellian reality we have brought upon ourselves. I just pray secession will be an option before open warfare against Our Dear Leaders' brownshirts. This is why Americans buy weaponry at these times, it is when they fear their freedoms and rights could be in danger. I do not recognize this country anymore, even the occupied one that I and the VAST amount of my fellow citizens that think as I live in.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is the first i heard of a National Security Force.
What is that all about?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
This is the first i heard of a National Security Force.
What is that all about?

It's all over the Internet.

audio

Huge gun show was held here last weekend. I have never, ever seen one so packed and busy at the same time. This link isn't current but it will give you an idea of the size of this show. Gun Show

I could barely walk through the show. There were just too many people. I didn't see many good deals on firearms but I did find some good deals on ammo.

Speaking of ammo people were buying up everything they could get there hands on. A man in front of me at one ammo dealer, bought every single round of 7.63x39 that was there. I'm guessing 15k-20k rounds. He had a pallet just stacked as high as it would go.

The dealers there couldn't believe how crazy it was either. I purchased all of the remaining .45acp from one local guy because of the price.

Many people were sigining up with the NRA. I normally renew at this show because of the discount and free admission. I'm sure the NRA ranks are going to swell to the largest numbers we have ever seen. Hopefully this will help keep Obama and the anti-gun nuts at bay for the next four years.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This past Saturday here in Conn. More guns sold to private individuals than any other day since they started keeping records in 1968!
Even in the Democratic bastion of the NE, folks are queezy!!
Other states are reporting the exact same results.
My local gunshop can't even order or resupply because the gun companies either didn't believe this was going to happen or just where stupid. Mossberg and Remington are OUT of shotgun barrels other than for the high end hunters. Any home defense barrels can't even be ordered. S&W and Colt have NO handguns in the pipeline either. Kimber states a 4-6 week back order! Springfield Armory is the only one that has pistols available but can't garruntee delievery if ordered after this Saturday!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Not as bare here in Oklahoma. All kinds of shotguns, etc. still on the shelves. As a matter of fact I'm going to get a Mossberg 500 this week.

It is extremely busy though. Every sports store or gun dealer has a parking lot full of people all of the time. I've gone on my lunch many times and can't even get to the counter.

I did hear that an AR15 manufacturer out of South America is completely out of stock.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Ya, i just came back from the local where i got the info all he has is whats on the shelves today. I called 6 differant sites for AR's for him and most are now saying 4-6 week backorder. Anything in .223 or .308 is presently unavailable. They will take orders but can't garruntee delivery times. Remington/Bushmaster says 8-10!
Glad I purchased what I wanted and needed when he got the nod.
I don't know what the reloading sites are like yet but I know powder and shot and caps as well as brass is getting mighty dear in price!

Zindo

[edit on 11/11/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Moore: All my sources, well, KT Ordnance that was an advertiser on my show, he said, "John, three days after the election, I could have sold 2,000 AR-15's if I had them."
Stadtmiller: Well, just over the weekend, and one of our people got this from one of our dealers here in central Texas , there was the NIC system, that is the National Instant Criminal background check system, they were getting a million --throughout the country -- they were getting a million calls an hour.

Moore: They must have a very large capacity to be able to handle that number of incoming calls.
Stadtmiller: Well, if you think about it, if they are handling the entire United States with all the gun shows and all the firearms shops and everything else, they have got to have a large capacity

halturnershow.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Obama can ban guns all he wants even if I cannot obtain them legally I will go to a Street Seller ,hell street sellers have better ammo and weaponry than any gun store!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We have a couple of gunshows every year.

Last one, about a week back was the 'big' one.

Only two rooms instead of three at the Fairgrounds.

Not much of a crowd for 1000 Saturday morning - which is usually the biggest day.

Overheard a vendor/seller comment to a private party that he wasn't buying much of anything because he needed the cash to operate.

Didn't see too many carrying guns to sell.

So with sales down, all the prices were jacked up.

Even on the collector guns, including fairly common 22 rimfires and the desirable - to collectors - rimfire rifles chambered for 22 short.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Dawg, check out the auction sites. Prices have jumped about $100.00 for revolvers and anything Black Rifle type 5-7 hundred. A stripped lower I could have bought 3 weeks ago at 280 is now 499.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

A stripped lower I could have bought 3 weeks ago at 280 is now 499.

Zindo

I just got back from a local gun show. One of the things I was on the look out for was the cheap lowers like Double Stars or DPMS for about $100 each that there's always a case of behind at least half the tables.

I saw nothing.

One dealer had 1 Spikes Tactical stripped he was trying to get $280 for.

I couldnt freaking believe it.

Got a nice FAL for cheap though. Those dont seem to be suffering the run that the AR's are. FAL/G3/CETME mags are still a dime a dozen and the rifles themselves havent shown any crazy price hikes.

The price of .308 though. Ouch.

If I were a gambling man I'd sell my AR's now for profit then buy more when the hysteria subsides and due to increased production the market gets flooded with them but my pessimism wins out and I horde fearing an AWB.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just got back from a local gun range that I had never been to before. It was absolutely packed. I went with both of my brother-in-laws. One of them is an avid shooter like myself and the other is buying for the first time. We had to wait about 45 minutes to get our chance on the range. I'm starting to think that might be a good business to start up. The insurance must be outrageous but this place was packed. Many were buying and renting guns.

I haven't seen the high rise in price for guns and rifles here locally. I'm starting to think we are isolated to a lot of this mess I've been reading about. Things are starting to go south for the economy but not like other areas.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Also 6ix,
The smart money is to buy all the striped lowers you can get your hands on. Everything else you can get through the mail (Till the new regime gets in anyway). Whats going to get pricey are the AK family. ATFE isn't letting anymore into the country from what I can gather. Thats including parts kits and the prices are going up on them also.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Dawg, check out the auction sites. Prices have jumped about $100.00 for revolvers and anything Black Rifle type 5-7 hundred. A stripped lower I could have bought 3 weeks ago at 280 is now 499.

Zindo

Thanks.

I see the SKS prices have more than doubled.

About two years back, the "like new" models were $175. and now the common ones are running about $400.

My SKS - new model - is fun, but it can't handle the Brown Bear ammo due to its overly hard primer cup.
My pals SKS, a used model does ok with Brown Bear, but every once in a while it will have a hangfire.

Both rifles work fine with Silver Bear and other stuff.

A 2nd friend got all my Brown Bear cuz his AK47 gobbled it up like nobody's business.

For those who are thinking the SKS floating firing pin is dirty or hanging up, not so both SKS' are well cared for and the firing pins slide back and forth with ease.

That said, I think I'd prefer a black rifle in 223 since there is still so much brass available as well as the ammo is lightweight compared to the 7.62x39.

A small, high quality 3x9x scope on the black rifle would be great.
A lot of folks think fire fight and high cap magazines, but depending on the situation, lying in the brush with camo clothes, scoped rifle and waiting for that one shot is much more efficient than hosing down the landscape with lead.

Interestingly, the only rifle I saw purchased at the gun show was a black one.
The hunting rifles weren't really moving....

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I picked up my SKS for $175 nearly two years ago. J&G sales had like new for under $300 but nothing there now. They must have sold out.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Dawg, forget the big adjustable scope. Get yourself a cheap red dot and use that. It works both night and day and will handle any range you might shoot the AK. Its also lighter and not bulky!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I just find this whole premise absurd.

I am not opposed to guns... I earned marksman and sharpshooter ribbons in the military... but I don't care for them. And I have never lived though any times where I felt I needed a gun.

SHEET... Americans are so fat and docile... things would have to get so bad that it jepordized their American Idol season before they'd get all up in arms.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join