It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Argument That They Are Conditioning Us For Disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The other day I wrote a post in the Area 51 sector about how our society is ably to handle disclosure and that the Brookings Report is outdated in the light of today's social and technological advancement.

It can be read here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would like to expand upon this and maybe make a counter argument to my own argument upon further review and research into a new topic I was going to tackle.

In support to my argument, we have thousand, if not millions, of people in this country and in this world who claim to have contact, if not, been abducted by these “extra terrestrials” that may exists. In the 50's there were few publicly known cases, and who knows how many taken by the government's Blue Book project. So when Brookings may this report, there was little exposer to the idea of aliens, let alone alien contact in a close encounter of the first, second, or third kind to go on.

Another issue that has made Brookings obsolete, is TV and movies. Television and movies, since the time of Brookings, have thoroughly covered and mapped out human behavior in numerous situations when confronted with contact and dealing with an alien culture and first contact. From Star Wars and Star Trek, to the numerous b and c movies that have been out about space travel, alien invasion and cooperation. I only list the two biggest and maybe with Star Trek being the most important when it comes to interaction with new alien cultures and how we would hope we would come together as a planet upon first contact. Star Wars would be the human culture that is well ingrained and entangled and seamless in intergalactic life.

Now arguing on the side of those who are holding back the information. You can say that the person is smart; people as a group as only as smart as the dumbest one there, and who knows how low that can be. The report could be interpreted that a mass release of information and artifact of former civilization or alien contact could destroy society. But what if they came up with a great scheme to be able to indoctrinate the masses on a multiphasic front. One would be through the general stonewall that government usually does, and does a good job at I might add, would force some people's curiosity to want to investigate and look for answers. With that you can release a little information at a time, and control the flow and let a gentle disclosure to happen.

Also with that you would us the TV, Movies and Radio to help you the dissemination and the indoctrination of the public for the event of disclosure and to let them be mentally aware that they are not alone. With TV, you can have those who have been looking for answers have a forum and a great and mass effective area for them to give the information and findings the controllers have allowed them. Also, with the news you can start with local news cast who can joke about sightings and trivialize them, but bring along a sense of seriousness of the news cast with public opinion and awareness as it grows to were it is on national news cast as a filler story or a late lead.

With TV and movies, you can use the entertainment aspect of it to teach people on how they should and shouldn't act when they first meet these creatures. They can also help society get used to not only the idea of space aliens, but multiple different races of space aliens. Not just one or two, but ten, twenty or hundreds. It can also help people cope with how to adjust with there new mentally assigned place in the universe. Like in Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, when Zaphod Beeblebrox is put in the total perspective vortex in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.. He describes is as follows:

”When you are put into the Vortex you are given just one momentary glimpse of the entire unimaginable infinity of creation, and somewhere in it a tiny little mark, a microscopic dot on a microscopic dot, which says, 'You are here .'”

If the human race were to all of the sudden had to confront this type of fact, it would drive most of use crazy. It is hard for most people to think outside of their own country, hell even there own city or street. If they we all of the sudden tossed in to a galactic setting and out of their own little world, most would become babbling idiots. Of course most who would be able to handle it would eventuality gain perspective enough that they would go back to worrying about things that concern them and go about their lives, just with a bigger canvas to do it.

It is with this indoctrination that has taken place over the last 40 years since the moon landing and 50 years since the Brookings Report being published the world has changed greatly. We have space ships and rockets going to the planets on almost monthly basis. It is this exploration that is already taken place coupled with the social preparedness that has been brought before us for since the report was made that we are indeed ready for truth and disclosure. But perhaps with everything that has been presented so far to us in the mediums and methods that are presented here, perhaps that disclosure has already taken place, in a slow and controlled process in order to not to panic the masses and to also prepare all of the masses for that day when public and full knowledge can be known.

In defense of those who are the controllers of the information and trying to make ready the masses. It could be we are close to disclosure. There are a few clues for it with the Vatican saying that believing in extraterrestrial life is not a sin, the UK releasing thousands of files of UFO and USO, the UN having meeting on the subject of disclosure, and the US president laying out plans for a new Moon and Mars missions and ambition. With these and mass interests in the subjects with radio shows like Coast to Coast AM and the SciFi Channel, plus the still growing number of books, TV shows and movies that deal with encountering, living with and fighting aliens. It seems that disclosure would be right around the corner.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
you make perfect sense - now if only you can convince the sheep to comprehend this message... i think mankind has been ready for quite some time, and i think our (mis)leaders bit off more than they could chew in suppressing the truth!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Very good thread indeed. But I think this goes without saying.

The idea of ETs existance I think is already believeable. The universe is a VERY large and wacky place. Perhaps even our own solar system is just a pit stop of the galaxy.

Honestly, with our capacity for imagination, It is almost stupid to think for a second we are not the only walking, talking, and thinking beings out there.

Alot of people who live by the bible might not agree, BUT perhaps god plays a much bigger part in all of this.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think the primary concern of those who are "in-the-know" about the truth of ET's, is what will happen to the economy? Now, this is their concern, as for us we just want the truth. There are several ways disclosure could effect us, speaking economically. For instance, if ET's share their technology with us, poof. There go the oil companies. If they let us advance on our own, then we will still have a dependence on fossil fuels, and there will still be much money to be made. I think that is probably the only thing holding back disclosure at this point.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
I think the primary concern of those who are "in-the-know" about the truth of ET's, is what will happen to the economy?

Well the economy is in the tank anyway and it's only going to get worse, so no better time than the present for disclosure.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

I do not know if we truly are ready for full disclosure. We are fighting two wars right now (the USA), with other wars and violence throughout the world. We have people starving even though the technology exists to purify sea water and send it to the dry areas for agriculture. We have the ability to solve most if not all our own problems, and yet we spend most of it arguing about who gets to control what. The UN does nothing but pay a bunch of people from all over the world to tell rogue nations "Don't do that or we'll get mad", and yet nothing gets done.
Until we clean up our own act, and start showing we can live peacefully with each other will the aliens show up. Why would they want a bunch of violent tempered humans get the ability to travel the stars and spread their hate?

The military won't tell if it does have any alien craft in its possession for security reasons. They don't want to share what ever knowledge they may or may not haved gained.

Some of us are ready, but the vast majority of the world and its leaders are obviously not.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I do see your point and it is a valid point. But I would have to argue with this counter point. If you just flung open the books at this point and actually had living breathing aliens to boot. It would polarize the world over to stop thinking at a planet full of different countries with people, but a planet full of people in the universe. People's definition of world would be rewritten and we would stop going after each other and band together to become one people. I am with Ronald Reagan with that if there is an external threat to our knowledge that we are not alone would help us band together.

But I will admit that with all the disclosure in the world, there are going to be those who are going to want to take advantage of our fellow man and with the advent of space aliens there is extra element of extortion and misleading of people.

new topics

top topics

join