It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrians hold funerals for people killed in US raid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfreeThe problem I and I am sure many others will say the same, using the words Collateral Damage to describe Peoples lives comes across pretty badly.

I am sorry about the mix up then, though it is the correct military term for anything that is hit secondary to the primary objective, which of course includes civilians. Bad writing on my part I guess.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am not saying its good or bad, I'm simply stating why it can happen, and that it's a fact in war, any war. It would be the same as me stirring up a bee's nest, throwing it in my neighbors yard, and blaming the bee's. In the middle east, this seems to happens a lot because they like the negative press coverage that they gain from it, believe me its done quite intentionally other there. We have seen it time and again.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by franspeakfreeThe problem I and I am sure many others will say the same, using the words Collateral Damage to describe Peoples lives comes across pretty badly.

I am sorry about the mix up then, though it is the correct military term for anything that is hit secondary to the primary objective, which of course includes civilians. Bad writing on my part I guess.

Don't apologise, like I said I know what your saying. Its good to see people get involved in these threads as it shows there are people in this world that care, sometimes we need to see this, so we don't lose hope. Too much negativity in the world nowadays for my liking.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Did the Syrians hold a funeral for this guy?

A U.S. strike on a network of foreign fighters in Syria killed its main target — an Al Qaeda coordinator who was wanted for sending foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq, a U.S. official told FOX News.

Killed in Sunday's attack by Special Operations Forces was Abu Ghadiyain, Al Qaeda's senior coordinator operating in Syria who was closely associated with the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
reply to post by Gillespie

I do not condone innocent deaths. Can you provide proof that these were innocents and not part of a military or insurgent group planning to enter Iraq?

All i'm saying is that I think it's a bad idea to start placing blame when at this point no one even knows what happened.

Actually the convention is to prove guilt. The responsibility of proof is with the accuser, that why you have Habeas Corpus or at least you did in the US.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by intrepid

I am not saying its good or bad, I'm simply stating why it can happen, and that it's a fact in war, any war. It would be the same as me stirring up a bee's nest, throwing it in my neighbors yard, and blaming the bee's. In the middle east, this seems to happens a lot because they like the negative press coverage that they gain from it, believe me its done quite intentionally other there. We have seen it time and again.

I don't believe that there is a war in Syria so you really can't say that it was a mistake due to the fog of war.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A chase attack of this nature was inevitable. Syria has a long standing history of harboring terrorist groups. It is still highly speculated that the Iraqis moved much of their arsenal there before and during the war. (I said speculated) It is certainly plausible. Anyhoo these terrorists on the run have been using the rules of engagement against us for years by jumping borders and hiding out like roaches. Sometimes you have to fume the whole house to purge the pests.

It is unfortunate that civilians are often casualties in these situations but it is not uncommon for these types of terror groups to use innocent people as shields either. It makes for great anti us press when someone innocent dies or becomes injured. It would be great if we could set up human sized Havahart traps and lure these pests in with some peanut butter.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

You are aware the US military support for Great Britain occurred after the battle of Britain?

So the 50 destroyers we gave you under the Lend-Lease agreement in 1941 (before we were at war), a program that is recognized as a critical factor in your survival, somehow doesn't count, and neither I suppose did the Atlantic convoys that kept you from starving to death from the very outset of the war.

You can't eat a Spitfire, and you can't fly it on beer either.

Those convoys certainly weren't shipping things TO us.

Well, the IRA biggest funders came from the United States - your money helped kill 3,000 citizens. During the 60s and 70s, the United States refused to list the IRA and even ETA as terrorist organisations.

The FBI investigated and arrested numerous Noraid activists, the government i.e. the nation didn't support them.

Are we to assume that since the UK now contains Islamic extremists who desire the destruction of the United States, that we should somehow blame you for that?

In fact, France provided more military intelligence than the United States during the Falklands. Chile even gave more support and assistance.

Ah yes, I clearly recall the French support of the British, when local youths were chanting "Exocet !!" at British sailors visiting French ports, and I doubt that Chile could have offered you an aircraft carrier - something that Casper Weinberger has publically said was on the table if you had but asked.

History isn't your strong point, is it? Got to love American revisionism. On the eight day God created America and Jesus was a Texan right?

And so the usual British cynicism comes flooding out, something that sadly can always be relied on, and closing a post with an insult is the last fart of an exhausted brain, classy. I assure you, my military history would stand up in a Masters program, yours is difficult to discern as it seems to be mixed up with a healthy dose of bigotry.

My "revisionism" is apparently represented by the fact that I stated you would have been defeated in both World War I and II without US assistance (which you would) and that we provided material and intelligence related assistance to you during Falklands (which we did) and that the US brokered the peace deal in N.Ireland (which we did).

You may not like those facts, but to dispute them shows bias and a lack of both historical accuracy and objectivity.

We cannot be that bad, after all, Prime Minister Harold Wilson told President Johnson that Vietnam would end up in a massive bloodbath and a war America couldn't win

And Eisenhower forced you to end your hostilities in the Suez Crisis, a conflict that you couldn't win either - so what

One of these days, the average American will catch on to what the British think about them, encouraged as you are by your rampant media bias and cynical arrogance, and when Americans start to regard the British in the same way that you regard us, you'll wish you had behaved differently, because your new friends won't be quite so nice to you.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Retseh]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sorry Retseh your intellectual capacity and knowledge of historic events has led to a glitch which resulted in you being placed on my ignored list.

Aww.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry Retseh your intellectual capacity and knowledge of historic events has led to a glitch which resulted in you being placed on my ignored list.

Aww.

Come on the guy made one comment that wasnt properly thought out I do it all the time, its only because people get so passionate about their country in threads like these that they forget simple facts give the guy a chance to redeem himself

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just saw the funeral on the BBC evening news.
Its disgusting that yet again the dispicable bully boy that the amercian war mahine is,can hit out at people in other countries and not expect a come back!
Its getting beyond a joke now,and with the current bogey man being Islam it seems they are free to attack any target in any country and get away with it!This small group of fanatics should be treated as criminals and handled by non military groups.The current way to crack this problem is not working,it has to be played in another way

It always amuses me that we kill these so called bad guys rather than send in our highly trained SF's to extract them and question them!

What use is it to kill them by dropping laser guided bombs on them when a SF team is near by marking the target for the pilots to engage?A classic example was al-Zarqawi in Iraq who was targeted by two 500 pound bombs with SF forces marking his house for the air strike.Why couldnt the SF troops just go in there and snatch him!Drag him out and put him on trial at a later date while questioning him about every thing he knew!

Perhaps this Syrian stike was a snatch attempt,as eye accounts there say the choppers landed and American troops searched the area before firing into these people.The bullet holes in the walls dont look high calliber and the bodies under their death sheets look human shaped!High caliber chopper fire would have decimated their bodies,so this must have been small arms fire from troops on the ground

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Aww.

As soon as you stand up to these American hating bigots with a few historical facts they scatter like cockroaches.

And I just noticed, this one is a "Subject Matter Expert"

As for the original story, it seems we blew up a farmhouse 5 miles inside Syria that contained a terrorist logistics team.

It's a pity you all can't get so indignant when those same terrorists blow up a market full of shoppers in Baghdad.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just on cnn now.
Among the victims 4 were children.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Boo Hoo.....cry me a river.

The cry of civilians being killed is the same old tactic by the enemy and unfortunately most of you here are gullable enough to believe the enemy. Sad, just sad.

Of course there was good reason for this attack. Don't you think the military by know realizes the blowback by some of the panty waist spineless little girls. They would not do this without good cause as evident by this article:

US official: Raid on Syria killed leader of cell

Get a grip people.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

The cry of civilians being killed is the same old tactic by the enemy and unfortunately most of you here are gullable enough to believe the enemy. Sad, just sad.

Of course there was good reason for this attack. Don't you think the military by know realizes the blowback by some of the panty waist spineless little girls. They would not do this without good cause as evident by this article:

Get a grip people.

Coming from a Tom Baker fan???

No offence man, but you don't deserve to carry that avatar.

For any of you who consider this an irrelevant post, consider this:

Tom Baker showed many acts of mercy, his philosophy was ultimately a symbol of peace.
Isn't an avatar a representative of the bearer?

So why wish death upon ANYBODY?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
This was an isolated attack. i dont think this is the start of a new war LOL. No one will be talking about this in a few days.

It really sadden me to read things like these.
Do you people understand that you are speaking of human beings?
What if there was YOUR family there? Killed for nothing?

We will never learn...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I am completely stunned and appauled by your lack of compassion you have proven to me and others its because of people like you the world is in such a state. Compassion is the key to turn this world around!

It has nothing to do with being gullable.....Actually most of us here are showing compassion to the the innocent people that have died under the Bush war machine! I use the word Bush as I don't think it would be fair to label it the US war machine as most americans don't agree with its agenda anyway and that would be stereo typing.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
reply to post by franspeakfree

Maybe there was another reason for the raid and not just a bunch of violent Americans wanting to kill some women and children maybe?

It doesn't matter whether they were terrorists or not.As long as the US labels them terrorists than they are terrorists without a doubt.If US says all muslims are terrorists than that means they all are.No one is allowed to question US/israel.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Get a grip people.

US is only brave enough to pull such stunts on countries that can't stand up for themselves.

I would dare US/israel to fly F22s and bomb a village on the borders or China or Russia.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Those damned terrorist children! I'm glad the US took the moral high ground and blew them up! Yeah freedom! USA! USA! USA!

/sarcasm off.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join