It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrians hold funerals for people killed in US raid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Syrians hold funerals for people killed in US raid

news.yahoo.com

SUKKARIYEH, Syria – Families in this village near the Iraqi border buried loved ones Monday who they said were killed when the U.S. military launched a rare attack in Syrian territory. During the funerals, angry residents shouted anti-American slogans and carried banners reading: "Down with Bush and the American enemy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
First Pakistan and now Syria, its so sad to hear about these attacks, in a couple of days or so there will be no mention of this and yet the illegal war machine will carry on killing many innocent people. What is going on with this world? from my observations it appears that the Bush Administration is behind all of the doom and gloom in world at the moment when will it end.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This was an isolated attack. i dont think this is the start of a new war LOL. No one will be talking about this in a few days.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I didn't see this quote in your post:

"An Associated Press journalist at the funerals in the village's cemetery saw the bodies of seven men — none of them minors. The discrepancy could not immediately be explained."

Maybe there was another reason for the raid and not just a bunch of violent Americans wanting to kill some women and children maybe?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
reply to post by franspeakfree

"An Associated Press journalist at the funerals in the village's cemetery saw the bodies of seven men — none of them minors. The discrepancy could not immediately be explained."

Maybe there was another reason for the raid and not just a bunch of violent Americans wanting to kill some women and children maybe?

America is responsible for innocent deaths. You should have respect for other human beings. Much love to your heart. Imagine this was America and another country just decides to kill someone you love. You would very much so dislike the country who killed your loved one.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Gillespie]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gillespie

I do not condone innocent deaths. Can you provide proof that these were innocents and not part of a military or insurgent group planning to enter Iraq?

All i'm saying is that I think it's a bad idea to start placing blame when at this point no one even knows what happened.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

It doesn't sound like the actual event is in question though. The details are in question, but it sounds pretty official that we went into Syria and killed some people. It doesn't really matter how innocent they were. We aren't really allowed to just go into other countries and execute people. Why we suddenly think it is ok is beyond me. Imagine the reaction if another country chose to do the same to us? It would be all out war.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin Can you provide proof that these were innocents and not part of a military or insurgent group planning to enter Iraq?

Can you provide proof they were?
Or, do you rely on what is being told by authority?

From where I come from, one is innocent until proved the other way. Since they are dead, it doesn't mean much anymore.

And by the way... WHAT IF they were "insurgent planning to enter Iraq"?
For how long are people in US going to let their government pretend they are the World Police?
It's was a big mistake already to have gone to Iraq, and now a bigger one is to not let go already....IMHO.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why we suddenly think it is ok is beyond me.

And now that Obama will be president, when he invades Pakistan or bomb whatever country, all the Obama bots will love him so much like the neo-cons did with Bush invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

American partisanship is so brainless it's disgusting.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

How did this turn into an Obama-bot topic? What Obama or his supporters have to do with the US going willy nilly into other countries and bombing them is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There are few threads out about this already. One version had the US chasing down insurgents and they crossed over into Syria from Iraq. That is one plausible scenario I don't know if it's true but jumping to conclusions without all the facts makes you look ignorant.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What was hoped to be gained from such an excercise by US forces?

There's no statement issued by either the US DoD or commanders in Iraq as mentioned the BBC 1 o'clock news today, perhaps the media exposure WAS the intention, although, again, for what purpose?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Stuff like this has been a problem in other wars as well. In Vietnam, we had issues with Vietcong hiding on the other side of the Cambodian boarder then striking into our troops in Vietnam. If there is truth to this, I guarantee that these folks were not sitting by idly on the Syrian boarder, being all innocent like. I'll bet ATS points that they were in fact crossing the boarder to cause insurgency problems within Iraq. For that matter, how do we know that the firefight did not start on the Iraq side, and when confronted with a superior force, they did not withdraw across the boarder? Do you recommend that we allow this type of activity to go unchecked? If we allow this to happen, all enemy forces would sit right on the boarder with other countries, lobbing fire over the boarder with our troops. I guess, that if you were a soldier on the side being hit by this fire, you would be Okay with that?

In Vietnam, we used their exact same tactics right back against these types of forces. When they would send a group illegally into the Vietnam territory to fight us, we would send a black op into their villages to ensure they did not get a chance to do it again. Tit for tat..
Alls fair in love and war...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
reply to

You got to be joking? a life is a life no matter how old a person is. What was the US doing there in the first place?.

The Bush administration believes that it can do whatever it wants without any repercussions and that in my book that is just plain wrong!

[edit on 27-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
No one will be talking about this in a few days.

You're right and that's because foreign lives are worthless to American soldiers....

Everyone knows this, that is why my British pals in the army tell me they hate the US troops, because they tars us with their crap.

I think that is why British soldiers hold far more respect in war zones, not because we are better soldiers (although we probably are, less hot headed, less dependant on technology), but because we hold respect to our enemy and allies alike.

America respects nobody but their selves and that will be their downfall.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Do you recommend that we allow this type of activity to go unchecked? If we allow this to happen, all enemy forces would sit right on the boarder with other countries, lobbing fire over the boarder with our troops. I guess, that if you were a soldier on the side being hit by this fire, you would be Okay with that?

The answer to this question is simple:

First off the Bush Administration should not have gone into Iraq illegally to satisfy its greedy lusts , Secondly I would never be a soldier fighting someone elses battles in someone elses illegal war! Therefore, the answer would be Yes to both

Has anyone stopped and asked what are the Iraqis fighting for?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
No offence intended, but why exactly is this a separate story to the thread about the actual attack?

I dont see why the dead being buried count as a separate story... its just a media story trying to provoke an emotional response.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Apparently some footage is coming out of the attack

www.liveleak.com...

conclusive? no, interesting none the least.

why would we go in broad daylight, unless we were hot on the trail of something?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
No offence intended, but why exactly is this a separate story to the thread about the actual attack?

I dont see why the dead being buried count as a separate story... its just a media story trying to provoke an emotional response.

This thread is discussing the DEATHS of INNOCENT CIVILLIANS not the attack! its got nothing to do with Obama or Mcain it was started to show how innocent civillians are being killed by a Government regime, illegally.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Pretty much covered in this thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres no new info in this thread, just an attempted hug at the emotional side of people by mentioning funerals, when it should be plainly obvious that dead people are usually given funerals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join