It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Pyramid symbolism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimnal

Rubbish. Hydrogen and Oxygen are some the few elements that make up the majority of matter, especially earlier on which is why water/ice is everywhere.

But the collision idea is intriguing. Current theories about the origin of the moon say that Earth and a small planet [that longer exists] collided, producing a fractured planet (earth) and a big cloud of matter. Most of the cloud was caught in orbit and eventually clustered and condensed into the solid form that we now call the moon.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
From the alt.illuminati FAQ:

What does the eye in the pyramid mean?

Symbols mean what the user wants them to mean. While Jungian psychologists will talk about archetypes and the terminally unimaginative will insist that only their understanding of a symbol can be the real one—cultural diversity and historical records contradict this belief.

The eye in a triangle resting on an incomplete pyramid is a uniquely American invention. Of the four men involved in designing the USA seal in 1776, only Benjamin Franklin was a freemason, and he contributed nothing of a masonic nature to the committee’s proposed design for a seal. The committeemen were Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams, with Pierre Du Simitiere as artist and consultant.
The single eye was a well-established artistic convention for an 'omniscient Ubiquitous Deity' in the medallic art of the Renaissance. In 1614 the frontispiece of The History of the World by Sir Walter Raleigh showed an eye in a cloud labeled "Providentia" overlooking a globe. Du Simitiere, who suggested using the symbol, collected art books and was familiar with the artistic and ornamental devices used in Renaissance art.

The all-seeing eye of God is noted several times in the Christian Bible : Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 33:18 "Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy." Ezekiel 20:17 "Nevertheless mine eye spared them from destroying them, neither did I make an end of them in the wilderness."

The eye inside of an equilateral triangle, point up or down, has often appeared in Christian art. It is often placed high above the alter as in the Pfarrkirche at Grmunden am Traunsee (1626) and the Fisherman’s church at Traunkirchen, while it appears over the doorway of the church of the monastery of St. Florian near Linz.

While the eye and pyramid icon is clearly not masonic nor derived from any real-world usage other than the American Great Seal, conspiracy theorists are quick to point out that it, or variations of a circle inside a triangle, often appear in corporate logos. In popular fiction a stylized eye and pyramid, or some version of a single eye, is a common visual shorthand for power, secrecy, conspiracy or control. The intent of the creators of films and television programmes, in utilizing these icons, can only be a matter of conjecture. It is quite probable that conspiracy theorists and the visual arts are simply feeding off each other.

A number of conspiracy theorists, such as Jordan Maxwell, have claimed that the eye and pyramid symbol was printed in Bavarian Illuminati texts "until recently" on display in the British Museum. No citations or references are given, although mention is also sometimes made to UFOs and extra-terrestrials. The dust jacket illustration for the 1972 hardcover edition of None Dare Call it Conspiracy includes the eye and pyramid symbol from the USA Great Seal. Passing mention is made inside to the Illuminati, but no mention is made of the seal.

See this link for footnotes and citations.
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

[edit on 10/27/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here's mention of the earliest tie I can find... William Carr's Pawns in the Game from the 1950s...

About it is written

In his introduction, Carr erroneously depicts the USA seal as an insignia of the Illuminati and describes the "all spying eye" without citing any source or documentation. In a later footnote he again claims: "the Great Seal of america is actually the insignia of the illuminati."

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a little known fact is that pyramids are batteries. So the metaphore of holding power would work. The DNA reply, go google image search "pyramid kirlian" and notice how the shape ejects a helic from its top.

Ions and other light energy are like water in my view. Our ancestors i think received this knowledge from aliens, Im thinking the aliens were trying to get us into space so we could avoid tragedies of being stuck on a planet.

I believe this because we today have technology like plastic which holds a charge, and propulsion like static, or resonant levitation.

Modern life I think wants to keep denying the need to escape impending doom, It baffles the mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
a little known fact is that pyramids are batteries.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it wasn't an Egyptologist.

[edit on 10/27/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by bruxfain

That's not what I meant. I was asking from where do you get this idea of an "Architect" being responsible for it all. Is there some resource you going on?

Specifically the Architect to which I am refering is responsible only for the man-made world. And my belief in this Architect extends from my belief that a Global Kingdom existed on Earth prior to the beginning of Human history.

This belief is based upon my interpretation of the literary record and what I see happening in the world today. In addition, the goal of most world leaders in history has been to achieve the status of Ruler of the Whole World (Alexander, Caesar, Khan, Shah, etc.), a goal based on the knowledge or belief that the whole world was once One. A goal that has never been achieved by anyone, but it is theorized that One exists that can achieve this.

So, this concept of Architect is based on my theory that One person, maybe two, knows the secret of how a world Kingdom is created because he already accomplished the task in the distant past and built the Pyramid to commemorate his success and its continued use as a symbol in the present times is to communicate this idea of One world.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I always figured the Pyramids figured so much into conspiracy and mystical symbolism due to the mystery surrounding them.
About the time they were being accepted as symbols, within the most recent last couple of hundred years or so, they were not very well understood.
For that matter, your average person still doesn't know much about them.
Egypt has had a romantic sway in several different time periods, from the Roman to the more recent European and American fashions.

The pyramids are a symbol of the mystery surrounding Egypt, and as such fall into a "Cool" category.
Symbols are made, forgotten about, rediscovered, and so many receive a new interpretation because the original meaning was forgotten.

Add in "New Age" (whichever age your working with) interpretations for the symbols, and you have a confusing mix of symbolism and interpretations that usually get a evil connotation by anyone who doesn't understand them.
Christians usually attribute the symbols to Satan, while Conspiracy Theorists attribute the symbols to the Illuminati or Masons or Templars or what have you.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
Snakes taking a double helix shape in symbols (before the discovery of DNA) are not representing DNA.

This may be true... But how much do we know about when DNA was discovered? We might assume it took place in very recent history, but what if the art of DNA manipulation is a very long lost art?

What if... When the Caduceus first appeared there were some (likely in secret societies) that had that knowledge?

I suggest it may be so, and offer The Terra Papers for contemplation...

PDF link is in my sig.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I always figured the Pyramids figured so much into conspiracy and mystical symbolism due to the mystery surrounding them.
About the time they were being accepted as symbols, within the most recent last couple of hundred years or so, they were not very well understood.
For that matter, your average person still doesn't know much about them.
Egypt has had a romantic sway in several different time periods, from the Roman to the more recent European and American fashions.
That has always been my contention as well. Napoleon went to Egypt in 1798. The Rosetta Stone was found the following year and was translated over the next 20 or so.

King Tut's tomb was discovered in the early 1920s, so that was another pique of interest.

Pike rewrote one of the Scottish Rite degrees (don't recall if it's the 29th or the 31st) using the Egyptian afterlife as an allegory, weighing the actions of a man's life on a scale and determining what kind of afterlife he deserved.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

31st.
I am of the opinion that we still know very littel about the pyramids. They were symbols of power for almost every ancient civilization, in almost every country. They weren't easy to build, they don't seem to be someplace to live, more of a burial chamber. It would be interesting if the movie Stargate had it right and the aliens looked like the egyptian gods and their ship was a pyramid shape.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Is there actually any evidence that the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776 actually used that symbol in anything they did?

The carpet displayed during the Minerval initiation featured a pyramid with the letters D and P an each side. The pyramid sat on top of three stones. No eye was present anywhere on the carpet.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: The carpet is similar to your masonic tracing boards, which I'm not sure you guys still use during instructions. I've mentioned the use of the eye in the triangle in German Masonry at the time the Illuminati was active in this thread's OP.

It's possible the Bavarian Illuminati used the eye in the triangle while giving its Masonic instructions. (it had 3 Masonic degrees)

[edit on 29/10/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Is there actually any evidence that the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776 actually used that symbol in anything they did?

The carpet displayed during the Minerval initiation featured a pyramid with the letters D and P an each side. The pyramid sat on top of three stones. No eye was present anywhere on the carpet.
Can you link to a graphic of that carpet? The tracing board pics you found were, indeed, helpful. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I don't have a picture of the carpet. The description is from René Le Forestier's Les illuminés de Bavière et la Franc-Maçonnerie allemande, p. 254.

I'm looking forward to reading Perfectibilists, whose author seems quite adept at tracking down Bavarian Illuminati vestiges. I'm hopping to get additional illustrations in there.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I'm looking forward to reading Perfectibilists, whose author seems quite adept at tracking down Bavarian Illuminati vestiges. I'm hopping to get additional illustrations in there.
Yeah, Terry's book looks promising. I'm sorry he stopped posting here. (He only received a post-ban, not a full ban, so he could have redeemed himself if he'd wanted to stay...)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I miss Terry too.
(I'm glad I was mostly on his side of the arguments though, he did have a sharp tongue at time - if you remember his Fetch debate ... lol )

MasonicLight once sent me a link to the ritual for the Masonic degrees of the Bavarian Illuminati. If you have access to a Masonic Library you might be able to track it down. (I have all the other known Illuminati rituals, except those 3)

Introduction to the Rituals of the Rite of Strict Observance
www.scottishrite.org...

I'd love to read that article!

PS: I should add that I'm really enjoying your latest threads here in this forum. IMO, you're really breathing life back into it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Man you two know more about this stuff than I could possibility have guessed could be known.
All this stuff just goes right over my head.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Thanks

Stick around ATS for a few years. You'll be surprise what you'll pick up.
(there are quite a few knowledgeable people in these forums)

[edit on 30/10/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
cmon guys!

DNA - SERPENT - TREE OF KNOWLEDGE - PYRAMID - HIERACHY

Your DNA is your master, its job is to keep you in line and in position of the total puzzle that is the pyramid structure. You have no say in your person, your personality, job, class, achievments, partner or thoughts.

DNA is not just your DNA. It works with other DNA to maintain the pyramid structure that is like a puzzle and you are just a piece of it.

Try to change yourself and watch your DNA serve misfortune and terror unto you in a bid to keep you inline with the structure

Eat the apple bitch! or suffer death by your true god (lie)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join