It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Van 1st post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. posted on 27-10-2008 @ 03:13 AM single this post edit"quote"REPLY TO:
The creepy van

Hello all, I have been lurking for awhile, trying to find answers to questions raised by the following story. About a year ago I was driving home at night when I was passed by a white minivan. It looked like your everyday soccer mom driving the kids home but with a few distinct differences. For one, the two guys occupying the front seats were young (mid to late twenties), and there were a few antennas sticking up from the back. I looked closer as the van pulled past me and noticed that the front two seats were seperated by wire mesh, the kind seen in utility vans. Here is where it got strange. In the back there was another guy, sitting in the middle of where the rear bench seat should have been. The only way I could make him out through the dark windows was from the glow of two very large monitors mounted about halfway up on the mesh divider. The 'gentleman' appeared to have a rather large set of earphones on, which seemed odd considering the apparent sophistication of the van. There were no markings on the van, and the license plate looked run of the mill WA state. This was in a fairly affluent neighborhood, and as far as I know the worst thing to happen in the area in the last ten years involved drunk hooligans, pickups and smashed trash cans. I did attempt to follow them, but upon reaching the bottom of the hill the guys decided to blow the red light. When the light turned green, three seconds later, I floored it trying to find them. No luck. I then spent around two hours driving around the area hoping to find the mystery van. No luck again. This is not a very large area and two hours would be like driving around the couldesac for twenty minutes. Any ideas from the members? You all seem pretty darn sharp and I figured this is my best bet for an answer.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
perhaps it could just be your run of the mill surveillance team. It doesn't seem too out of place in today's world. The soccer mom look could just be a disguise to help them blend in more.

unless further information is presented it seems like this occurrence is a stump

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
sounds like a van kitted up with surveillence equipment to me.

There may be some crimes going on in your area that you are not aware of.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Odds are it's law enforcement just doing their jobs.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
You haven't ticked off any Scientology folks have you?

They like to use this tactic easy way to find out is if they park across the street from you call the cops and report the suspicious white van parked outside.

If it's actually legal authorities the cops won't show up or the van will leave shorty after you call. If not the cops will talk with them for quite some time.

Check youtube some guy called the cops on them for following him and he video taped the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I saw your post seeking someone's help to get a few solid facts on this White van you were in near contact with it. I don't know where you saw it in WA State but I use to live in Sumner-Bonney Lake area. I was working at a Chervron gas station in Fife so I saw much volume of traffic since it was close to I-5. One day I had a strange motor home pulled in for gas and once the rig was full one of the persons handed me a credit card. I had to verify the card so in doing so I see issued to Federal Bureau of Investigation so I told this man that I did not know they had these kind of motor homes to investigate under cover. He didn't tell me whom they were watching but I need towatch the news soon for this guy was going to be arrested by them. It wasn't too long when a indian leader was picked up by the FBI & it was on TV. This is part one for you.

Next a few days later a white minivan filled up and the driver had one person with him with the rear of the cab being wired off with strong checkered steel. I had this person stop by again so I asked him since in the FBI what did he do? I was told by him that his van was for going everywhere needed checking with all kinds of electronics to find mad scientist, foriegn agents with radios that were illegal and for telling their agents abroad facts about our military bases and whatever else they care about for info. to hurt our country. So Since I was taking engineering at college I raise my alert for these vans travel evrywhere in the U.S. I was doing an energy project to help mankind out so after finding out about this van sneaking around I watched what frequencies my equipment gave out for I really didn;t want to have my project taken to check it out for the potenial power this unit could put out might replace oil for driving, heating homes and giving manufacturing a cheap energy to complete in the world market place. I never was able to do a complet evaluation since I lost all my equipment and notes while traveling to another state.

I did have an experience in another state where my quest at my home told me that something was going on because a flash was seen by her from across a field on the farm next to me. She pointed out the place to look at to see it. I went up to the corner store for some items for dinner and check my mail in my PO box. On the way to the store at the intersection that I was going right and did see a white minivan coming towards the intersection so I slowed down to get a look inside. I saw two youngmen with white t-shirts with orange vest that said Federal Agents so I thought what are they doing in the sticks where I lived? Later at night in the dark I had put my hearings aids in with new batteries to her my friends words about her sighting. While using my fingers to adjust the volumes I noticed my right aid was not working right at all. I could not figure it out but being in engineering for decades it came to me that that minivan was in the woods spying on my home I felt. I knew that we had no problems so we went about watching TV & talking when all of the sudden late at night I heard the sound of a Blackhawk in silent mode behind my home above the oaks trees. I placed my hand on the wall as I looked out the window in front when the Blackhawk swicthed into full speed ahead just as I experienced in Nam years ago. It was like a movie because rock music they used in the movie with the line that I love the smell of naplam burning in the morning. The copter sat above my home causing the walls to shake 3" to 4" in my mind. I looked at my friend and told her to get on the floor and flip the sofa on top of you for the house may come a part cause the ceiling and roof to give way.

After the Blackhawk went across the road to a small creek a guest of my neighbors let a fugitive camp there as I found out the very next day. It scared us all. He fooled us!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Don't know if there is any military industrial places in the area. Guys that test "Tempest" requirements are in such vans.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
sounds like a van kitted up with surveillence equipment to me.

There may be some crimes going on in your area that you are not aware of.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Odds are it's law enforcement just doing their jobs.

Peace,

MGGG

Yeah, just unmarked authorities of no known group driving around surveiling something mobile or alot of something. Nothing to worry about here. Move along, nothing to see.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
You mentioned that the neighborhood was affluent. It is possible that they were out to catch a cheating spouse (pardon the broad assumption). The surveillance could also be industrial in nature. ie. industrial spying on a corp. exec. etc. Not uncommon in some industries especially in WA.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Every Police Force in every city in the US has vans such as this. I have sat in a few.

My guess is they are hunting for a grow op or a bathtub lab.

A lot of persons hide in the burbs so as to blend in.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Every Police Force in every city in the US has vans such as this. I have sat in a few.

My guess is they are hunting for a grow op or a bathtub lab.

A lot of persons hide in the burbs so as to blend in.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
spooky coinkydink,I just saw an odd van on my industrial estate where i work. It had 4 cameras mounted on a plain white unmarked van. All looking in different directions. My first thoughts are google earth steet level mapping?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts. I would have assumed it was run of the mill surveillance stuff, but the two young guys with military haircuts, and the strange antennas (there were two that looked 'normal' and about three that were rather large/circular) give me pause. It still seems odd, and so does the rate of speed. The van seemed like it was trying to draw attention to itself. Thanks you again, and I will keep reading about this TEMPEST thing.

www.odysseyauto.com...

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
These vehicles are mobile service monitors for cell phone companies. When they get calls of service interruptions they drive around and look for dead spots. The large monitors are oscilloscopes and frequency counters that they use to measure the cell signal levels while driving around (like most cell customers do). A friend of mine is a senior tech with Sprint and he has taken me driving around in one of them. Some police agencies have surveillance vans like this. The best way to tell is to look at the antennas. A 3' steel whip with a center coil is a VHF/UHF antenna. 3" stubby steel antenna is 800mhz. A flat round antenna is for TV video. A beam that looks like a Christmas tree is a high gain directional antenna and can be almost anything depending on the length of the elements and the number of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You know what I think youre right. The cell service was awful the closer you got to the water, and if I recall they were going to build a new antennae. Thanks a lot.

new topics

top topics

join