It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit whining losers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point

This is OUR country and it was built on the blood and sweat of the common man.

It was also built on the blood and sweat of the Indigenous culture that existed b4 the 'common man' claimed it as his own.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by Zero Point]

Good point. Now all of a sudden things are so terrible and need to change. What about the ones we stole this country from in the first place? Ahhhh! The hell with them, it's ours now! Let indians rot on the god-awful land we so graciously gave them. We need a change for the non-native people of this country dog-gonnit!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Great post Amuk, and really enjoyed reading all the posts to the thread, really hope it reaches a whole lot of people as your attitude is on the money Amuk!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Why would I bother trying to improve a system I have no faith in? Nah, no thanks. I'll just pay my taxes make my living and live my life. Life is too short to be wasting time trying to change what people have been doing for centuries. It has never stopped with any nation and it's not gonna stop with this one.

I really don't get disappointed because I have no hope for it and really don't care. If anything, I hope things just keep getting worse. Either people will realise, or they won't...

With that attitude I am sure you will get your wish. The problem is that soon you will not be "living your life" but living the life some desk jockey in Washington TELLS you to live.

As far as you hoping things get worse, do you have kids? Are you wishing a life of GREATER slavery on them?

What a great parent, and what a great citizen.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero Point

This is OUR country and it was built on the blood and sweat of the common man.

It was also built on the blood and sweat of the Indigenous culture that existed b4 the 'common man' claimed it as his own.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by Zero Point]

Good point. Now all of a sudden things are so terrible and need to change. What about the ones we stole this country from in the first place? Ahhhh! The hell with them, it's ours now! Let indians rot on the god-awful land we so graciously gave them. We need a change for the non-native people of this country dog-gonnit!

Uh......how our we susposed to change what happened before we were born? If you got a time machine in your pocket we can worry about it otherwise how about working on today and the future. That is like saying we should not have medicine because its not fair to the millions who died of small-pox.

As for the Indians today they need to VOTE.

And if your are so worried about them get out and vote on issues that conceren them.

Or maybe you hope THEIR lives get worse too?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
That's right. Go get 'em, Amuk! Take it to the MAN! I'm right behind you....................................................................................................................very far behind you

With help like that how can I lose

As you can see, open rebellion against our government is not too far away.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hate apathy. You guys are right. Voting should be compulsory. However, I'd add one additional suggestion. If you don't vote, you should have no say in anything, and no right to complain or protest anything that goes on. The fact is, it is downright wrong for people to sit on their asses and complain about everything the government does without being willing to do something to change it. If half of the whiny imbeciles we hear from so often would actually get together and participate in elections we wouldn't have as many problems as we do.

Forget about national level elections for a moment. Look at the smaller ones. Do you have any idea how many members of Congress could be classified as idiots? Yet we show such an apathy towards this they come back year after year. Congressmen get reelected every two years yet turnout is pitiful for most elections. If your congressman is a moron, stop #ing whining and vote him out of office. As much as he makes you feel like you all work for him, that is not the case.

Voting is a civic duty. Voting was set up by our founders to be the way that the people steer the government, and the way the people contribute to it's well being. Government should work two ways, we do for them, they do for us. If you are going to have no interest in taking 20 seconds to shape the future of our country then you can go to hell.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
I would prefer to have the 'choice' to vote becouse of my freedom to do so, but I will always vote becouse I feel it is the right thing to do and my civic duty.

Mandatory voting is not an expression of freedom.

I agree it would be hard to claim to be Libertarian and have the Government FORCE you to vote.

Maybe just give FULL rights to those who vote, let the slaves be slaves

The essence of freedom is the ability to make a choice, even if it is no choice.

Freedom is voluntary and must needs be worked for and so, as Jefferson said ... Or was it Franklin ... People who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither.

Keep plugging though! I am "right" behind you.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Where is the proof your vote matters anyways? Why should I waste my time doing something I don't believe matters? Kinda like going to church if you don't believe, you're there just to compare clothing.

If the people that run this country have an agenda, what makes you think they are going to let your pathetic little vote change their mind? Oh, yeah I forgot. Because we are told we can make a difference.

You want to make a difference, try running for president. Go get yourself in office. If you're hyped up to believe you can make a difference, by all means, be my guest.

What exactly changes from president to president? The same issues, the same problems year after year after year after year. So what are you voting for? For the same # to be shoveled into your mouth year in and year out. Nothing but a huge waste of time...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You want to make a difference, try running for president. Go get yourself in office. If you're hyped up to believe you can make a difference, by all means, be my guest.

Dont mind if I do..........

A few days ago me and a few friends started the process of opening a chapter of the Libetarian Party in our County and Towns. We are registering as I speak and will have candidates for office by the next local elections.

I myself am thinking about running for city council.

If any one else in Arkansas wishes to join or help E-mail me.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

That's right. Go get 'em, Amuk! Take it to the MAN! I'm right behind you....................................................................................................................very far behind you

With help like that how can I lose

As you can see, open rebellion against our government is not too far away.

I truely fear that you might not be wrong

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Where is the proof your vote matters anyways? Why should I waste my time doing something I don't believe matters? Kinda like going to church if you don't believe, you're there just to compare clothing.

If the people that run this country have an agenda, what makes you think they are going to let your pathetic little vote change their mind? Oh, yeah I forgot. Because we are told we can make a difference.

What exactly changes from president to president? The same issues, the same problems year after year after year after year. So what are you voting for? For the same # to be shoveled into your mouth year in and year out. Nothing but a huge waste of time...

This from a person who does not understand that change comes from the ground up.

You are one who suffers from the idea that change comes from the top, and legislation on a federal level is the way to get what you want.

WRONG. It should be fairly obvious that the federal government should be limited in it's focus due to Welfare, Social Security, the border to name only a few.

You see no change because maybe you voted for president and nothing changed for you. Let me tell you that more changes when you vote locally than nationally almost across the board (barring war and other such extreme events).

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
This from a person who does not understand that change comes from the ground up.

And I ask again. What changes from year to year? Nothing. I understand where change comes from, and the only change that will make a difference now is complete and total government reform. Otherwise we are just layering crap upon crap.

You are one who suffers from the idea that change comes from the top, and legislation on a federal level is the way to get what you want.

Actually, i've never been diluted to think that what the public wants matters. I have never wanted anything from this government anyways.

WRONG. It should be fairly obvious that the federal government should be limited in it's focus due to Welfare, Social Security, the border to name only a few.

Well since the government has taken upon itself to delve into all matters right or wrong it's a little late to start setting limits for them now. Like they are going to listen to us anyways.

You see no change because maybe you voted for president and nothing changed for you. Let me tell you that more changes when you vote locally than nationally almost across the board (barring war and other such extreme events).

How about you show me what's changed. Like I said. The same issues over and over and over. Besides, the president doesn't actually DO anything besides talk. The ones behind him are the ones making policy. You can continue fooling yourself if you want to. I have no desire for it...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If the only election you think about is the president then yes nothing will change.

KJ is right in that change comes from the bottom not the top, why would those in charge care about change? As a matter of fact it is in their best interest to maintain the status quo.

You must vote out EVERYONE from the bottom up and replace them with those that will at least for the time being vote in your best interest.

When they become corupted, and they will, you vote them out too. The cost of freedom is constant vigilance, I forget who said that but it is true and the price is cheap compared to what it has cost others.

What should Americans do when faced by outragious taxes, unfair laws thurst upon them by a distant and uncaring government, and having their rights taken away one at a time by a leadership that no longer cares what we think?

I think George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, etc, had an answer to that question 228 years ago.

And thanks to their sacrifice then now all you have to do is vote.

If they were Man enough to Die for our freedom we should be Man enough to get off our asses quit whining about the country and do something about it

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's too late Amuk.

The younger people in this country have never had to fight for anything outside themselves.

They will never understand until that happens, and it is coming soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
It's too late Amuk.

The younger people in this country have never had to fight for anything outside themselves.

They will never understand until that happens, and it is coming soon.

I truely think you are right on this one if things do not change this country is headed for a civil war that will make the last one look like a picnic

That is why I am trying so hard at the ballot box

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And it's too bad that alot of students and young people will vote liberal because they've had it shoved down their throat in their "fair and a-political" educational institutions.......

Another thing that is too bad, and even my husband does this, is that he will vote republican when he agrees more with the libertarian party, except the drug theory they have.. he believees that they will never get pres so he votes repub.....

Talk about a self defeatist attitude...

And you go Amuk! You run that city, and run those corrupt a holes out of office......... I'll be more then happy to help.... Although I don't live in Arkansas, i'll do my part, and spread the word around this county and state... Good luck, i'm sure you'll do well...

Cuz lot's a people are getting sick of lib and repub administrations......... They are one in the same mask, just different colors.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Another thing that is too bad, and even my husband does this, is that he will vote republican when he agrees more with the libertarian party, except the drug theory they have.. he believees that they will never get pres so he votes repub.....

Talk about a self defeatist attitude...

Hmm, I agree with your husband. How is that self defeatest? The Republican party is less likely to increase the number of Federal programs than the Democrats are.
Don't get me wrong! I despise both parties at this point but I need to vote to beat the one that I hate more at the moment.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

And you go Amuk! You run that city, and run those corrupt a holes out of office......... I'll be more then happy to help.... Although I don't live in Arkansas, i'll do my part, and spread the word around this county and state... Good luck, i'm sure you'll do well...

Thanks Truelies although Van Buren hardly counts as a city....LOL

The longest journey starts with the first step

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I almost think that something drastic NEEDS to happen in this country to get people back to basics.

War inside the US, civil war, massive terrorist activity, etc could actually serve to get the US of it's complacent ass and stop living in mental opulence.

<< 1  2   >>

join