It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Have Been Lied To For OVER 1600 Years!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

As The End Times Approach, We Must Correct The Beliefs That Divide Us - To Unite Us.

Too many Good People Have been taught Incorrectly by well meaning, yet misinformed teachers. Unfortunately, they are so passionate about their convictions that the questions they form are mistakenly considered to be questions of faith instead of questions of doctrine which are excused with their own justifying interpretations or the conclusion that they are simply unworthy to receive a greater understanding than they already have. After reading this you may discover God in a New Light.

"It is the glory of G-d to conceal a thing: but the Honor of Kings is to Search out a matter." (Proverbs 25:2)

These misunderstandings have caused stumbling blocks to be placed before the blind and resulted in the SLAUGHTER of More People than ANYTHING ELSE IN HISTORY, as Good People Sometimes Do Bad things with Good intentions. Fortunately, there is still time to correct these misconceptions and to edify others. Remember, Being misinformed makes you a misinformed person Not a Bad Person. So, Correct your Misconceptions and Educate Others. “The Bible Was Inspired By God, And Warped By Men”

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15)

Since “The Council of Nicea” (325) Christians Have Been Taught Incorrectly in order to give the Church POWER OVER YOU. There is evidence that incorrect teachings began with Jesus’ Apostles.

Jesus Said To Keep The Torah (Holy Scriptures)
“Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.” (Matthew 23:2-3, Also Matthew 19:17 Specifies “Keep The Commandments”)

Paul Attempted To Abolished The Teachings Of The Torah (Holy Scriptures)
“And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.” (Acts 13:39)

Who Do You Follow?
Wouldn’t it Be Wiser To Choose Jesus Over Paul…

Paul NEVER knew Jesus (Acts 9:1-9) he usurped and Blasphemed Jesus Teachings.

"Go in through the narrow gate. The wide gate and the wide road go to death. Many people go that way. The narrow gate and the narrow road go to life that never finishes. Only a few people find it". (Matthew 7:13-14)

GODS’ COMMANDMENTS, Ordinances, and Promises Are Forever – They Don’t Expire!

Christians are fast to criticize the Jews for not worshiping “The Savoir” Jesus, Although Jesus said not to teach anyone except the Jews (Mathew 10:5, 15:24). The Christians Fail to ask one crucial question: “Why Don’t the Jews Worship Jesus?” As a Minister, this question bothered me enough that I asked the Jews about it, What I found astonished me.

“And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?” (Matthew 7:3-4)

The Holy Scriptures (Torah) of Moses is a truth for all humanity, whether Jewish or Not. King Solomon asked God to heed the prayers of non-Jews who come to the Holy Temple (Kings I 8:41-43). The prophet Isaiah refers to the Temple as a "House for all nations."

THEY ACTUALLY DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!
Contained Within “The Holy Scriptures” God supplied a Description of the Messiah to make it possible to identify him from “Others” who could be Mistaken for the Messiah through accident or deception. This list contains the Personal Qualifications and Accomplishments The Messiah MUST FULFILL Within His Corporeal Lifetime, Failing to fulfill even one of the qualifications means that the candidate is not the Messiah.
"He shall not fail or be crushed until he has set the right in the earth" (Isaiah 42:4)

Jesus DID NOT Fulfilled ALL of The Scriptures The Messiah IS Required To Fulfill.

The Personal Qualifications Of The Messiah

1. 1. DESCENDANT OF DAVID
- Fully Disqualifying Jesus As Messiah and As King or Claimant to The Throne of David is that the Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father, and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David!

The Bloodline listed in Mathew shows that Joseph is from Solomon’s line, However as a descendant of King Jechoniah (descendant condemned by GOD) he and his descendants Can NOT inherit the KINGS throne (Ref. Jeremiah 22:30).

“As I live, saith the LORD, though Coniah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah were the signet upon my right hand, yet would I pluck thee thence; And I will give thee into the hand of them that seek thy life, and into the hand of them whose face thou fearest, even into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and into the hand of the Chaldeans. And I will cast thee out, and thy mother that bare thee, into another country, where ye were not born; and there shall ye die. But to the land whereunto they desire to return, thither shall they not return. Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not? O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD. Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah. (Jeremiah 22:24-30)

“And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:” (Mathew 1:11)

The Line in Luke is not Confirmable after "Nathan". It is also NOT Mary’s Bloodline as some believe. Mary’s fathers name was named Joachim of the tribe of Judah His family was from Galilee and the city of Nazareth and living in Jerusalem. Mary’s Mother was named Anna the daughter of Achar, of the tribe of Judah, of the family of David. Her family was from Bethlehem.

(from “The Gospel Of The Nativity Of Mary” By Archbishop Wake of Canterbury 1657–1737)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Don’t LIMIT Your Studies to ONLY the “Canonized Books” of the Bible, Study and Consider ALL Related Texts. Use Your Own Judgment. (Why would you trust your immortal soul to anyone besides yourself, If they are wrong, it is YOUR Soul, you pay…).

2. TORAH (HOLY SCRIPTURES) OBSERVANCE
The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all laws remain Binding Forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet.

“If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.” (Deuteronomy 13:1-4)

Jesus Said To Keep The Torah (Holy Scriptures)
“Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.” (Matthew 23:2-3)

A. First Commandment:
“You shall have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7)
It Is Forbidden To Pray To Anyone Or Anything Other Than Directly To God Himself!!
"The L-rd He is God; there is none else besides him" (Deuteronomy 4:35)
Worshiping Jesus As God Is A Violation Of The FIRST COMMANDMENT, as well as Against the Teachings of Jesus Himself, as To do so places Jesus between man and God. Saying that God assumes human form makes God small, diminishing both His unity and His divinity. Jesus Knew He WAS NOT God And Directed Prayer Directly To God. (If he was God, why did he pray?)

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven Hallowed be thy name.” (Matthew 6:9)

B. Second Commandment:
“You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them;” (Exodus 20:4-5, Deuteronomy 5:8-9)

“Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air, The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth: And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.” (Deuteronomy 4:16-19)
Christians Violate the second commandment with the use of the standard Crucifix, as well as the use of depictions of Christ, Mother Mary, and the Saints in books, paintings, etc.

C. Fourth Commandment
“Observe the sabbath day and keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8, Deuteronomy 5:12)
The Sabbath day is Saturday Not Sunday; Saturday is the last day of the week.

D. Fifth Commandment:
“Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.” (Exodus 20:12)

“For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.” (Leviticus 20:9)

Violated By Jesus;
“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.” (Luke 14:26, Similar in Matthew 8:21-22).
As a Direct VIOLATION OF TORAH Law, This Disqualifies Jesus as “A God” or “The Messiah”. As God he would be obligated to uphold his own law, and as “Messiah” he is Required to be Torah Compliant.

E. Drinking Blood (ref. Eucharistic)

“But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.” (Genesis 9:04)
“You are not to eat any blood, either of bird or animal, in any of your dwellings”. (Leviticus 7:26, Deuteronomy 12:16, 23, 15:23)
“And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood. And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust. For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.” (Leviticus 17:10-14)

Violated By Jesus;
“And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood…” (Matthew 26:26-27)

3. Build The Third Temple
Jesus could not have rebuilt the temple because the second temple was still in existence until 70ce, and the Temple has not been rebuilt. This Disqualifies Jesus.
"And as he came out of the temple, one of his disciples said to him, 'Look, Teacher, what wonderful stones and what wonderful buildings!' And Jesus said to him, 'Do you see these great buildings? There will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.’" (Jesus reiterating Dan.9:27, 11:31 in Mark 13:1-2)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
“Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.” (Ezekiel 37:26-28)

“In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:" (Amos 9:11)

4. Gather All Jews Back To The Land Of Israel
Since the Jews were still in Israel during his lifetime, Jesus could not have gathered them back to Israel. To Date, the Jews are still in exile. This Disqualifies Jesus.
"Then the residue of his brethren shall return with the children of Israel" (Micha 5:2)
“Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth-“. (Isaiah 43:5-6)

5. Spread Universal Knowledge Of The God Of Israel
After Jesus died; in fact, Islam developed and became the religion of many nations while Christianity splintered into many sects which constantly fight each other, and almost two-thirds of the human race worships idols. The world is very far from monotheism even to this day. This Disqualifies Jesus.

"God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9)
“The knowledge of God will fill the earth. The world will be filled with the knowledge of God as the water covers the sea". (Isaiah 11:9)

6. Usher In An Era Of World Peace – 1000 Years of Peace!
This Disqualifies Jesus.With more slaughtering in his name than during in WWII.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation; neither shall they learn war any more" (Isaiah 2:4)

7. Cure The Sick
This Disqualifies Jesus., the reference is for total healing, not a few “healings”.
"Then the eye of the blind will be opened, and the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. Then the lame man will leap as a hart, and the tongue of the dumb will sing" (Isaiah 35:5-6)

OTHER VIOLATIONS OF GODS Words By Christians:

1. Sex Is Sin
Conflicts With God’s Instructions:
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth…” (Genesis 1:27-28)

2. Born With Original Sin
The Serpent Committed the “Original” Sin of “Deception” (putting a stumbling block in front of the blind, which is why he was cursed) with his temptation. Eve committed the Second sin by trusting the serpent instead of God. The Third sin was Eve eating the apple, The Fourth sin was offering the apple to Adam, The Fifth sin was Adam believing Eve over God, and the Sixth sin was Adam eating the apple himself. (The actual count of sins involved varies between 4 and 7) The sin they committed is not inheritable, each soul stands upon its own merit.
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezekiel 18:20)
"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor." (I Corinthians 3:8)
"For every man shall bear his own burden." (Galatians 6:5)

3. Un-Baptized Babies Go To Hell
Since Man is NOT Born Contaminated by ANY Sin, this is Blatant Heresy and completely without merit. When the people of Israel questioned and provoked God, he limited his anger to 4 generations. By Comparison, a curse of “Original Sin” would have expired before the flood.
“The LORD is long-suffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.” (Numbers 14:18)

4. God Is Three – “The Holy Trinity”
The Catholic idea of “The Holy Trinity” breaks God into three separate beings: The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”. (Matthew 28:19)
Which Conflicts With The Holy Scriptures:
"Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deuteronomy 6:4)

5. Jesus Is The Savior
Nope, scripture says;
“Yet I [am] the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside me”. (Hosea 13:4)

6. Jesus Died For Your Sins
The Laws Governing the Sin Offering As Spoken By God (Leviticus 16:3-30) are for the complete absolution of sin. They are explicit regarding the manner of the sacrifice and the ceremony surrounding it. Since Jesus was not in fact a Bullock or a goat, nor were any of the prescribed rituals carried out by anyone authorized by God it would NOT Have been a sacrifice acceptable to God for ANYTHING.
“For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, that ye may be clean from all your sins before the LORD.” (Leviticus 16:30)
The Only Animal that can be used is The Bullock, the Goat is Freed (Ref. “Scapegoat”).
“And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.” (Leviticus 16:22)
The concept of one paying for the sins of the many has no merit to it, and much to its degradation.
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezekiel 18:20)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor." (I Corinthians 3:8)
"For every man shall bear his own burden." (Galatians 6:5)
“For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings”. (Hosea 6:6)

To say Jesus was sacrificed for us, opposes the Bible's teachings as well as his own.“But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Matthew 9:13 - Jesus paraphrasing Hosea)

“But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.” (Matthew 12:7)

If God loved the world enough to sacrifice his son, then he loved the world enough to forgive mankind without such a sacrifice. The Bill of “Sin” is a bill only God can collect IF he desires it. It is not one he is obligated to collect, who could require god to collect it?

7. The Jews Crucified Jesus?
No, It was the Romans. The Jews did not Crucify. If Jesus was killed by the Jews they would have stoned him as it is the only method of capitol punishment prescribed by The Holy Scriptures. The Romans Crucified.

8. Jesus Is the Son Of God
Yes… EVERY Man is a Son Of God, As EVERY Woman is a Daughter of God.
“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven… “(Matthew 6:9)
“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God”. (John 20:17)

9. Jesus Is King
Proven False (Ref. Descent Of David) As His Only Claim to the Throne of David is Via King Jechoniah (Mathew 1:11) Cursed to from the Throne (Jeremiah 22:30), Jesus has no Claim.

10. The Second Coming Of Jesus
If the legitimate son of God had to die and was going to reappear a long time into the future, God would have told us to watch for it. We were told to watch for other “signs of the end times” and someone showing up with crucifixion marks would be a big sign, but instead we have a warning:

“Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” (Mathew 24:23-24)

With So Many Christian Churches in the World preaching and teaching in many different ways and manners it is difficult to see difference between them. Except that it is clear that they are the “Wide Road” and the road is so wide nobody seems to know where the sides are. Jesus was simply a (Good) man preaching about God and in turn became so revered that nobody listened to what he said, but only those things that were said about him. We hope this has opened your eyes enough to see You Don’t Need The Church or Jesus to get into Heaven, You only need God…

Now That You Know, What are YOU Going to Do?

“And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.” (Ezekiel 37:24-28)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is ALL B to the damn S

meaning BS. I cannot wait later to destroy these liar arguments, which you are destroying the reader and this is what liars do.

Ill be back later to counter these ridiculous arguments. makes me laugh my ass off.

why do people do this S***.

You know what since I have little time, I'll let my Christian friends who are smarter then me to handle this, and if they don't Ill do it.

sorry for my language guys.

peace.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

This is ALL B to the damn S

meaning BS. I cannot wait later to destroy these liar arguments, which you are destroying the reader and this is what liars do.

Ill be back later to counter these ridiculous arguments. makes me laugh my ass off.

why do people do this S***.

You know what since I have little time, I'll let my Christian friends who are smarter then me to handle this, and if they don't Ill do it.

sorry for my language guys.

peace.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

Been patiently waiting for your response...

Curious that the first reaction to Truth is often hatred as you displayed by slinging unsubstantiated garbage and accusations. No TRUE Christian (or follower of Jesus) would make such accusations (possibly violating The ninth Commandment without too much of a stretch) So at the very least you are a rather poor example of a Christian. Just because you fail to accept the truth doesn't alter the fact that it is the truth.

There were no arguments, only stated facts - originating from Jesus (as well as from the Holy Scriptures) and Jesus wouldn't lie would he?. Wholly stating the simple fact that Christians have been Lied to by mostly everyone since 325 (Council of Nicea, Although more accurately to Paul's interference with the doctrine but that is another topic).

It is because of these misunderstandings many people have been led away from God by adorning idols, drinking blood (although symbolic) and a rather interesting list of Commandment violations. So it is time to correct things. It's time to set things right.

Yes, present this to your fellow Christians, as well as your Priest/Pastor, post it upon every Christian message board that you know of, and show them the error of their ways. - They have been under the wrong impression also - Educate them and show them that they have Not been True to God or Jesus
(as Jesus directed all Praise to the Father).

Be part of the solution - edify God -

Peace...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree that my temper makes it seem that I'm not a good christian, but you don't know my heart.

But your (facts) are distortions (BIGTIME) of scripture and I don't have alot of time to make a long post which is why I told someone smarter then me to do it.

It's not time to edify God, it's time to put lies to rest.

and the fact about drinking blood, I have a long post for this, but again it's lack of understanding and realization about the eucharist which is mentioned all throughout the OT as predicted to come and fullfilled in the NT which would be our mass.

anyways I gotta go, I'll try and find some more free time later to make a long post.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dancer
Christians are fast to criticize the Jews for not worshiping “The Savoir” Jesus, Although Jesus said not to teach anyone except the Jews (Mathew 10:5, 15:24)

Yes, but this was before Jesus was crucified. Jesus was giving his disciples on the job training but he didn't want them to wander that far yet. After his crucifixion he was quite clear about where and whom his disciples should teach.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations

One of the first things you learn as a child in a Christian church is "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believes in him.

Read Acts chapter 10 & 11 and you'll see how God told Peter (Not just Paul) to preach to the Gentiles.

18When they(the other apostles) heard this (Peter's story), they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life."

Clearly you're just reading the Bible and not studying it. Most if not all of your points are easily refuted by anyone who understands the scriptures. You have failed to understand what King David said about the Messiah, or to read (and understand) any of his prophetic Psalms. You've skipped over what Daniel spoke of, and Isaiah the prophet foretold of.

The Jews were blind. They did not see what was in front of their face or were afraid to admit it. Should we follow their path as well? I think not.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Fully Disqualifying Jesus As Messiah and As King or Claimant to The Throne of David is that the Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1).

A Jew is a Jew based on Matrilineal Descent or from conversion to Judaism. The bloodline is indeed passed down on the mother's side.

Isaiah 11:1
1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

This merely states that a descendant of Jesse will be the Messiah. An interesting note on this scripture. Having a branch shoot up from the root of Jesse indicates that although the branch comes after Jesse it predates Jessee. This is prophetic of Jesus' pre-existence with God.

Genesis 49:10
The scepter will not depart from Judah,
nor the ruler's staff from between his feet,
until he comes to whom it belongs [a]
and the obedience of the nations is his.

Again, this is merely prophecy that says the Messiah, a descendant of Judah, will rule all the nations. It does not address the issue of descendant from the mother or father's side.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Boring...... Do not waste your time replying to this nonsense. Any newbie COG could dispel this drivel... don't bother. Let this reprobate stew in their own juices.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." - KJV, Matthew 7:6

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
JesusisTruth
You are correct that I do not know your heart, upon message boards words are all that can be used.

I can assure you that the facts are the facts and there is no distortion in them. merely because they go against the dogma taught to Christians does not make them false. It is wise to question new information in order to get a full and complete understanding of them. Yes it is time to put lies to rest, which is specifically why this topic was introduced. as for it not being time to edify God, nothing could be further from the truth of the matter, There MUST Always be time to edify God and I can think of no better way to edify him than to put straight that which was mis taught regarding him.

Drinking of Blood is Strictly Forbidden in the Old Testament.
(Probably a paganistic ploy used by Paul to sell his religion to the Romans)

There was no mention of the Eucharist in the Old Testament.
The closest would be references to The Messiah found in Issiah

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This could end up being highly educational for the board.

But you'll need to tear down John the Baptist first, who is the one who baptized Jesus, which enabled his anointing.

John was from the Aaronic Priesthood and gave documented testimony.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dancer

Dancer, wow! You have put much effort here...very interesting reading...

It is important to understand how God chose to reveal Himself if we are going to understand prophecy. To quote Charles Hodge "The progressive character of divine revelation is recognized in relation to all the great doctrines of the Bible. One of the strongest arguments for the divine origin of the Scriptures is the organic relation of its several parts." In other words it is very important to understand that God revealed Himself progressively, and not all at once. This may seem fairly obvious by looking at the diverse authorship of the books of the Bible, and the many years that God's truth took to be written down, but the understanding of progressive revelation is important in relation to prophecy. The fact that the Millennial Kingdom is to be 1000 years isn't revealed until the 3rd to the last chapter of the Bible. That doesn't make it any less true

More... www.endtimes.org...

Prophecy can not be understood in a snapshot...

There is a cyclical release of more information over time...which allows further accurate KNOWLEDGE...

OT Praying for wisdom for you in your search!

BTW, evil exists...and is the master of 'disinformation' IICorinthians 4:4

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
dbates
Jesus changed his mind after being crucified?
That doesn't sound Godly...

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. That whosoever believes in him.

Is a dogmatic fallacy Refer to #6 Jesus Died For Your Sins in the above post for a clarification.

Clearly you're just reading the Bible and not studying it. Most if not all of your points are easily refuted by anyone who understands the scriptures. You have failed to understand what King David said about the Messiah, or to read (and understand) any of his prophetic Psalms. You've skipped over what Daniel spoke of, and Isaiah the prophet foretold of

Did you actually read the post before responding to it?
Isaiah is the source for a good part of the Messiahs qualifications.
(Which Jesus Did Not Fulfill)

A Jew is a Jew based on Matrilineal Descent or from conversion to Judaism. The bloodline is indeed passed down on the mother's side.

Yes, Mary was a Jew - but possessed no claim to the throne of David herself (she was from the Tribe of Judah - not David “The Gospel Of The Nativity Of Mary” By Archbishop Wake of Canterbury 1657–1737).

There is NO such thing as Conversion in Orthodox Judaism - if Mom wasn't Hebrew you can't be a Jew (yes, you can worship as they do and live as they do, but you can't be one - despite popular belief)

Isaiah 11:1
1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

Could be a reference to a Messiah - Not necessarily that Jesus was the messiah he was referring to.

Genesis 49:10
The scepter will not depart from Judah,
nor the ruler's staff from between his feet,
until he comes to whom it belongs [a]
and the obedience of the nations is his.

Again, this is merely prophecy that says the Messiah, a descendant of Judah, will rule all the nations. It does not address the issue of descendant from the mother or father's side.

Is a reference to the "Kingship" of Israel not necessarily the Messiah.

More information regarding this topic can be found at:
Why Don't the Jews believe in Jesus?

Myrtales Instinct:

It's about education and enlightenment.

I'm not here to tear down Jesus or John. For they were great people. I'm just pointing out how the doctrine has become corrupt over the years - by people trying to place themselves between you and God - for power and money.

Jesus and I could have been friends back when he was here (without the implication that he was anything but a teacher)

The John the Baptist - baptizing Jesus was a cleansing akin to a Rabbi washing to become "ritually Clean" for Godly matters.

OldThinker:

Yes, I agree that revelation does not come in a snap shot.
(Ryder took the Torah and removed everything that was not a direct quote from god - leaving only what God said - What a wild read! - Very educational - reads like one long speech from God from Genesis through the prophets. Called G-d Found)

The reason it takes so long for things to come out is that it takes time for people to digest everything, and too much too fast could be bad for those who are not ready.

(Always Pray for wisdom)

Yes, Evil does exist and disinformation is the source. As most people don't recognize the disinformation they have been taught - so they continue professing it as truth. Education and helping others see the disinformation help to prevent its propagation.

(Old cliche' "The best place to hide a lie is between two truths")

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I believe what Jesusistruth says. Its all BS and its not truth. Again I will say this to you Dancer. If you really love God and Want what he wants. Pray and ask God for the truth of Christianity. If you don't, you don't really care about what God wants. The truth is God is alive and had a Son, Jesus Christ, who is given all power in heaven. Who was born and die for our sins. And that the Bible is the word of God. I think you should remember that the bible is a history book, and it agrees with history. Not only that their are hundreds of Prophecies that have come true.

But again I do this all the time. And Ill do it tonight in fact. Ill pray that if I am wrong that God will show me the truth. And I believe that every follower who says that they believe in God should always pray for the truth and pray that God show them what he wants. Remember its more important what God wants then what your beliefs want or what your religion or church says. So the question is are you prepare to be wrong. Because end the end God will reveal the truth to you and me and everybody else. And dancer if you really love God, you must be prepare to pray, that God will show you the truth and the truth of Christ and the truth of life after death. We in God's world we all must be prepared to be wrong. God bless and go with his spirit.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

slymattb,

Thank you!

your heart is EVIDENT for all to read....sounds familiar to me!

OT

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Remember its more important what God wants then what your beliefs want or what your religion or church says.

Absolutely right...
No matter how hard the Children of God try to convert you, if you are a vessel of wrath fitted to destruction (Romans 9), you will never hear the truth and be granted repentance.

Instead, you will live your life exactly how God has ordained it, apart from Him and without peace.

If, however, you are a vessel of mercy, you have belonged to God from the foundation of the world, and He will quicken (make alive) your spirit in His time through the hearing of the word.

It's not your choice.
But don't worry - if you are a vessel of wrath, the things of God are foolishness to you and your sin will not bother you in this lifetime. In the end, I'm afraid, you will see the wrath of God and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dancer

It is also NOT Mary’s Bloodline as some believe.

Some do, as stated in your quote. I think it is more than just likely that it is about Mary.
There was a big change in the concept of the Messiah, back in the time of the Maccabees. The Hasmonean Dynasty came about after the powers that be capitulated to the Greeks. What came out of the conflict that drove the Greeks out was a combined Priest/King Messiah and was exemplified by John Hyracanus. The murder of the innocents was Herod's attempt to get rid of the legitimate heirs of the High Priesthood that came out of the restored Temple priests that were in control after Antiochus Epiphany was run off.
Luke talks about the High Priest related to Mary and Jesus would have been in line and could well have been High Priest before being kicked out of the Temple by Caiaphas.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by jmdewey60]

top topics

join