It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most convincing piece of evidence out there to make you at least want to believe in ETs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm kind of skeptic myself ... just looking for evidence that you thought was pretty convincing ... it could be a video or picture whatever ... mine would have to be this but i'm open for other 'proof'

[edit on 26-10-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Experience talking with an alien that first appeared to me as its self and then later as a woman. That was the most significant. Rare huh?

I have no doubt or belief.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

yea that is pretty rare haha i'd be a believer after experiencing that

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Given the vastness of space, I'd have a harder time believeing that there isn't something else out there than that there is.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That's, uh, quite a title to your thread.

The "most convincing piece of evidence" is the apparent vastness of the universe. I'm with asmeone2 on this.

As far as what "makes" me "want to believe in ETs"? Well, although nothing can "make" a human being do anything except their own volition [i.e. free will], I would say that I want to believe in transplanetary life because I choose to.

Now that I've parsed your curiously-worded question, I'll offer a similar question, with an answer.

What strengthens my belief that life exists beyond our planet? Besides the obvious [by all accounts, the universe is massive, beyond human imagination], the growing numbers of plausible accounts of anomalous UFO sightings...the efforts of several governments to obfuscate these stories...the work of William Cooper, Jim Marrs, et al....and a child-like curiosity coupled with the universal, ageless wisdom of intuition that we all [?] share which has always told me that we are not alone.

Plus, I've had some very personal experiences which, shall we say, pushed the boundaries of my perception of what's "real".

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Seeing a UFO less than twenty feet from me made me a believer.. Now as what I believe aliens are may differ to many, but I know they exist. I lean more toward the aliens are fallen angel theory...............

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
Seeing a UFO less than twenty feet from me made me a believer.. Now as what I believe aliens are may differ to many, but I know they exist. I lean more toward the aliens are fallen angel theory...............

Technically speaking any Biblical entity other than humans would be considered "aliens" though.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If there not human I suppose they would...............

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

And I would lean more to the converse of your theory. But, as asmeone2 yet again so succintly points out, we can call 'em whatever we want, but they would certainly be non-human, or "alien", regardless.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If there not human I suppose they would...............

I say "interdimensional." The entire Bible makes a lot more sense when looked at from an interdimensional point of veiw, and so does most modern UFO phenomena IMO.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Very true, for sure they are not human, Unless we take the time traveler theory...........

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I can agree on that..........It would be probable..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yes i agree the vastness of space is a very good point there is plenty of room for others to live ... and yeah now that i read it closely i guess it is quite curiously worded but it seems like it's getting the intended responses, i just want to hear a little bit of everyone's experiences (no matter how 'out there' it may be, but still believable) ... or for some type of physical proof that there is definitely something out there ... nothing can people can say oh it's just photoshop or something like that...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Hmm. That was an interesting video. Thanks for posting it.

It does seem pretty compelling on its own, but after researching it a bit, a pretty good case can also be made for it being a child with a disorder, Progeria for instance.

www.progeria.be...

They certainly do have a slightly "alien" look to them, with distinctive features.

I really wish they could have gotten that nuclear DNA. That would rest it one way or the other.

Edit to add;

I was hoping to find a skull of a known person with Progeria, but the best I can come up with is an xray.

medind.nic.in...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

To be honest I haven't had any direct experience with UFOs that makes be beleive that "they" are from Siruis or Zeta Reticuli or whatever...

But dont' get me wrong I do think that "they" are out there.

Since they apparently have a much higher level of technology I don't think we can actually figure out what they are, what their goal is, and where they are from at this point.

I don't rule out the possibility that, for some reason or another, they are trying to masquerade as space aliens, but aren't really at all.

It doesn't matter in the end, though, but I do beleive that something is happening.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

thank you for that i agree the faces of some of the children seem to match with the skull structure of the video ... the thing that got me was how the skull was missing the knot in the back which the person in the video stated that every human has ... i couldn't catch the name of it

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Mass sightings , such as the phoenix lights are indisputable. Other than cases like that , 90% of even the most famous ufo pics are blurry somethings at best .The only ones I know of that look like undeniable large 3D objects are the remarkable sets of of billys pictures (dont think they have ever been proved fakes even the wedding cake ones are up for debate imo) but altho I believe them to be real most people here dont . Now days you cant really trust any picture taken digitally so I cant call any newer pictures or videos evidence . So all in all I would say mass sightings are the best proof we have now outside of what we have in the bases 2 miles below ground .

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yes, that is odd. And, simply the skulls seeming the same does not mean they ARE the same. The starchild skull could very well be something else entirely.

Which is why I hope that our ability to extract DNA continues to improve. It would be nice to find out with certainty one way or the other.

Edit to add the "reply to"

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've seen UFO's 3 times in my life so I don't need any convincing,my brother who is a skeptic witnessed a UFO fly over him while in his patrol car,that sure changed his mind,so seeing is believing

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join