It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle sound waves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Also you may want to look into something called nadis.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

So... are you saying that you also hear a noise similar to the audio clip he linked to?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ah, okay, I thought he was talking about something different. I did not see that link. I thought he was talking about high frequency noises that I can hear. I have heard what he is referring to as well but only before having an Out of Body Experience.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
I have heard what he is referring to as well but only before having an Out of Body Experience.

Well that adds to the case

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What makes the sound different is the random nature of the noise.
I can at times hear my own heartbeat.
A very steady pattern, IE: thump thump thump, etc...
The noise I hear is more random in nature.
It is similar to the noises from the link I posted, so similar in fact that I thought immediately that was it.
The best way to describe it is as if I am hearing in layers.
One layer stacked on top of one another.
Like peripheral vision, but auditory instead.
Does this make sense?
Shoot if I know.
I have looked also into the possibility that I have some sort of enhanced hearing, but I cannot find an established president, besides a deaf person hearing better than the average person. I know that in a lot of people, the sense of hearing is amplified during sleep, thus warning of potential danger.
I don't know what direction to bring this, but I guess a good start would be trying to identify what I am hearing.
Please for the sake of argument, lets rule out that there is something biologically wrong with me, and focus on the fact that I have become aware of something.

SkepticalSteve, Thank you for the idea of NADIS. Very interesting.
Is the noise you are referring to something like a very faint computer fan running when it's dead silent everywhere else? Does it feel like it will deafen you after a while if you do not hear some normal noise?

[edit on 27/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

What makes the sound different is the random nature of the noise.

What do you mean by random?

Okay maybe I am asking wrong...

Is there a set rhythm to it? A set beat? Is it just uniform and constant? Is it just random? Is there some time that elapses before the next beat?

Please for the sake of argument, lets rule out that there is something biologically wrong with me, and focus on the fact that I have become aware of something.

Indeed, I think you do become aware of something.

I think it is something biologically right, not wrong. I am not trying to take the magic out of it, if it is what I think it is then it is quite special.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
To be honest, I hear it too. Its a really high pitched ringing that I can hear all the time. And I've had my hearing checked.

It reminds me of the hum of star systems, or the hum of a television. I dunno. Its pretty amazing when you have a chance to hear it, and nothing else.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have been trying to figure out best how to explain this.
It is so much like the sound from the link that I posted that when I heard it for the first time I thought it was the sun's heart beat.
Listen to the clip, it's not so regular.
It varies though.
Sometimes it's like the sun's heart beat, and sometimes its more like white noise, with pulses scattered around.
If I had to guess, I would say that I am indeed hearing some sort of energy.
Also, like I mentioned before, it's layered.
I hear all of the normal sounds of everyday life, and then I hear this also.
Layered on top of one another.
At times, It makes my hair stand up when I do hear it.
Maybe hearing is the wrong word here. I am sensing it and it just seems like I am hearing it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join