It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COPD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have been diagnosed for the last 6 years with COPD and need to be on oxygen machines 24/7. It has taken a lot of getting used to, switching from tanks when I am outside my apartment to using the Concentrator when I am in my apartment and also having to use a Bi-pap machine when I sleep at night. This is in addition to using a nebulizer up to four times a day and Combivent when I'm outside or at a friends place. I am pretty used to it now, but sometimes I still wish I didn't need to use it. I usually put that thought out of my head almost as fast as it popped into it. I would be interested in hearing how other members of BTS who are in the same boat as I am of how they got used to being on oxygen.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

I have COPD but have not had to go on oxygen therapy yet. I'm thinking I will need to use it in the next year.

I use a c-pap to sleep at night, not a bi-pap as you do.I am on the same medications and use a mobilizer 4 times a day. I also use another medication called Advair. It helps a lot.

As for getting use to the oxygen regimen I don't thing it will be very difficult as it means the difference between life and death.
I've been a slave to the c-pap machine now for 6 years and still have a rough time with it. I have to take medication to help me sleep,as the darn mask on my face is not comfortable.

I also give myself weekly B12 injection and take frolic acid and D3 vitamins daily. Due to extreme pain from another condition I take hydrocodon and it helps my breathing also.

Best wishes to you. Keep in touch and we can share our COPD experiences.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i also have copd since 2004 i have been on o2 and still use it some but not as much as i used to i have not had to take any med except my in haler in 2 years now i also so have a bi pap witch i am convinced saved my life i have been lucky so far and even with recent move to another state am in good shape for the shape im in i can not do as much as i used to at one time but if i do stuff in stages i can get it done it is just something we have to deal with to stay alive for our loved ones

new topics

join