It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain or Obama and WHY?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
First and for most, I’m neither a Republican nor a Democrat, I’m for justice and truth so I guess that makes me an Independent. I would like this to be an educational and civil discussion on who would be the best candidate and why?
Myself I’m leaning McCain! Why? Numerous reasons but Obama’s acquaintances to a few radicals scare me let alone his cousin Odinga in Kenya who lost his race for presidency. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care much for McCain either but I feel he’s the best option for this once and hope to be again Great Country!
I know it's late in the race but there are still a few undecided, so lets hear boths sides and bring facts.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Obama

Why? Where do I start!

Because I do not want another four more years of a republic government
led by a war hungry Bush clone.

Secondly: two words.....Sarah Palin

and the horrifying idea of this woman leading the country
in the none too unlikely event of Sen.McCain being unable to perform
his duties.

I am confident Obama will bring the change he has promised
and most importantly begin withdrawing troops from the
illegal war in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I agree with PMExplorer. Obama is by far the better candidate.

What really opened my eyes to the things John McCain is pulling was John McCain: Make Believe Maverick

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hey pmexplorer, thank you for your response and I’m with you on two fronts.

First: Sarah Palin at first was kind of a breath of fresh air but now she’s just overkill and annoying but with that said Obama may have been right when he said Change doesn’t happen in Washington but rather change comes to Washington so maybe she wouldn’t be that bad.

Second: I’m with you on Iraq being illegal but we can’t just pull out without stability, I think most of us were blinded by the Bush agenda after 9-11, we all were gun-ho with the tainted evidence given.

But my question to you is, are you even a little scared about his “Acquaintances” with
Tony Rezko, William Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Acorn and his Cousin Odinga?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Obama.

-his prospective energy policies

-his diplomatic approach in foreign affairs

-his interest in the prosperity of my great-grandchild's great-grandchild

These are just a few of the reasons.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
-Obama

-Becasue it will be the end of the Bush dynasty!
-Becasue I support change in whatever form it will take.
-Because I am told and lead to belive that Obama will lead this country out of the wars we are currently in right now.

I'm Not a REPUBLICRAT or a DEMICAN, I'm a CONSTITUTIONALIST!

And I have no other choice but Obama.

Sure I could vote for McCain.
But Im lead to belive it will lead us into more War.
I know it would be another Bush puppet in the Bush Dynasty.

But really we are lead to belive all this.. I guess we can only wait and see what becomes of this.
We only know what we are told. We can assume anything we want.

But when you assume.. You make an ASS out of U and ME!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not McCain -

He thinks putting stuff in the freezer some how fixes things.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Finally a change of scenery for me. Here, in TN everyone is crazy about McCain for some reason. I see nothing good about him or Sarah Palin. Too bad so many people are blinded by ignorance and fear to see. I think the blind and brainwashed majority of this "great" nation will choose the correct candidate to be THEIR next president...that is the sheeple's savior, the one and only, John McCain with Obama, the newest thing on the market, coming in a close second place.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Obama? How could people even reason with voting for this inexperienced fool?

His energy plan? HIS ENERGY PLAN?! It will cost MILLIONS of dollars just to research, it'll be 10 years minimum for solar and wind energy to even be a remotely feasible and rewarding energy source. We already have Nuclear power handled, why not use it to our advantage? Yucca Mountain can store the nuclear waste for the time it needs to, and as a Nevadan, I'm ALL for Waste at Yucca. Look at France, they run 70% on Nuclear, why can't we? It'll be a better spent dollar than attempting at something we don't even have the tech for.

End of Bush dynasty? More like the end of the United States of America. Everything this country once stood for will be buried in the rubble of WW3. Yeah we shouldn't be in Iraq, yeah it's an illegal war, but bailing out ASAP is the stupidest idea ever, a simple maneuver like that will give our enemies the thought that we're vulnerable and they'll ensue an attack. Stay in Iraq and get the job done (I'm not referring to the Oil deal that i believe is going on over there behind our backs). The Bush dynasty is ending no matter who replaces him.

zysin, you were TOLD Obama would lead this country out of the wars we're in right now, true, there's a GREAT chance he will. But in doing so will create bigger wars.

Every election year we as Americans are promised the same thing: change, but for some odd reason, this "change" always seems to amount to more government, more looting of Americans (it'll happen behind our backs quite obviously, just look at his tax plan, raising tax on the rich will cause them to spend less money on corporations and small business's, leaving middle and lower class high and dry)

No offense zysin5, but you lead me to believe that you are a puppet of Hollywood and the MSM.

Obama will only help lead us into NWO.

The main reason i REFUSE to let Obama be an option on the ballot is the sight of all those Germans cheering for him. I'm sorry, that doesn't sound correct to me.

Let a man be known for by the company he keeps, William Ayers and Jeremiah Wright aren't good company. Google them, you'll see that they both hate America in different ways.

So go ahead, let Obama sweet talk you into bed, you only wake up with an STD and no clue what the heck just happened.

I'll leave my vote with McCain (though I'm tempted at choosing the right candidate and writing in Ron Paul). I agree with his Energy plan (which heavily consists of Nuclear energy with the same research Obama wants on Solar and wind, McCain just has a plan A and a plan B, Obama just has plan B), McCain has some knowledge of war, i don't care how he was treated in Vietnam or if he was a POW, the simple fact that he has experience is good enough for me to be content with him over Obama.

The way i see it, Obama will pull out ASAP, whereas McCain will wait for the dust to settle than walk away.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
Obama? How could people even reason with voting for this inexperienced fool?

I would rather have an inexperienced person be my leader then a person experienced in things I don't support

I might vote for the man in my sig, so don't assume I am an "apologist"

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

it'll be 10 years minimum for solar and wind energy to even be a remotely feasible and rewarding energy source. We already have Nuclear power handled, why not use it to our advantage?.

I am confused.

McCain has also spoken of solar and wind many times.

I agree with your sentiments on nuclear energy, so long as we have a decent disposal program.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Why? Because you (like us in good ol' traditional Britain) have a two party system, so it can so easily (highly falsely) render itself into a battle where both portray themselves as good t'other as evil. I don't know how this works in your country, but in Britain we need an element of proportional representation, interestingly enough as voted for by our dominant house.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

End of Bush dynasty? More like the end of the United States of America.

A little dramatic don't you think?

Everything this country once stood for will be buried in the rubble of WW3. Yeah we shouldn't be in Iraq, yeah it's an illegal war, but bailing out ASAP is the stupidest idea ever,

Neither of them want to 'bail out' of the Middle East. (which upsets me).

Obama as far as I understand wants to reallocate, not bail out. He wants more in Afghanistan and less in Iraq.

So go ahead, let Obama sweet talk you into bed, you only wake up with an STD and no clue what the heck just happened.

Tell me about it. He promises to pay the child support though

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate5150
First and for most, I’m neither a Republican nor a Democrat,

Im sorry I hear this all to often from members here, mostly on the right. Then they end up being blinded from partisan garbage in another thread, I mean I dont trust the "im neither" gig anymore. That excuse just doesnt work for me.

I mean maybe you are, but then again the fact you didnt give us any policies and you feel another 4years of Bush policies will restore this nation.. I mean for and independent, I feel as though your really not looking at all sides of the coin.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No offense zysin5, but you lead me to believe that you are a puppet of Hollywood and the MSM.

Hey no offense taken. But you sertinly dont know me that well to assume something like that.

A puppet for the MSM.. seriously??

I simply stated we only know what we are told.. I was just trying to steer clear of all my crazy talk in this thread.
Why not check out my profile, and do a little research on a person before you make such wild claims there buddy..

And this Thread was suppose to be McCain or Obama and why?
Not assume on what or who other members in this thread are, or why they said what they did..

Thats why I normally dont say publicly what I belive or who I belive in.
Becasue you get some guy wet behind the ears to make false claims about people they have not taken the time to get to know personally.

But still no offense taken, just was the first time Ive heard that about me. for giving an honest reply to a thread I was asked to reply too..

But I can see why you said you are lead to belive that about me, when I said I was lead to belive something about Obama or McCain. Thats all we know.. So what you lead to belive about me was wrong.. Such as what Im lead to belive about Obama is wrong.. Or about McCain is wrong.. I get your point.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Obama
Why? A dream. I can count with one hand all the dreams that I can recall with clarity and purpose for my soul, 3 were prophetic, and 2 are for my discernment. I was at the stage of not voting, Obama or McCain were not on my list. My dream;

1. Mall of America setting, ( never been there, nor have a clue what this complex looks like.) felt like I was observing from above the events unfolding.
2. McCain is in uniform and gazing upon the shoppers from the upper deck of this mall.The shoppers have their heads low, walking aimlessly, not one smiling face,and the fear and pain visible upon their faces terrifies me.
3.Palin and family are shopping and giddy,the family is dressed in red. Blood red.Their shopping bags overflowing.Not one time do they acknowledge any of the suffering souls around them. McCain has a look of contempt and disgust while observing Palin and family. Todd Palin has a BP patch sewn on his shirt. Instantly I could see the destruction of animal life habitat and land mass from oil flowing across the beautiful land. The native people, oh, the sorrow.
4.I scream down to McCain, he raises his head to look in my direction. I scream, why? You were my hero as a young woman, Why are you selling the soul of the nation? His face is distorted, I can feel hate, smell death, and his reply to me is," It doesn't really matter to me, I only have one year to live anyway."
5. I glance toward the other end of the mall, Obama is staring down into the crowd with tears running down his cheeks. Instantly, I was drawn to him to comfort him, instead of me comforting him, he comforted me. He reached for my hand, and clasped mine with both of his hands. I could read and feel his thoughts.
He was thinking, why do people not understand all people are one, and all in this together? Do the people understand that love and compassion must be restored for all? Will the people finally wake up and demand that the legacy of killing innocent people with lies and deceit thrown upon the world by Bush and the elected must never occur again?
6.Obama is still staring down among the shoppers with tears streaming down his cheeks when he observes a group of white men glaring up at him with hate and distrust. He is feeling fear and sorrow to the core of his soul. His body is shaking from the fear. Even with the fear, he is thinking about how he loves all of humanity and that these men will one day see that his love and compassion for all will be felt around the world.He thinks, do they not see I am human too? Do they honestly believe I want to destroy our beautiful world, and our freedoms and leave nothing for our children and grandchildrens' children?
7. Obama steps back from the railing overlooking the shoppers, he bows his head in prayer.
8. Obama prays for guidance and support. He prays out loud, " Lord, I pray for peace and prosperity for all. Please release all the fear and negativity that encompasses our world.
9. Obama released his clasped hands from mine. He is turning toward me, to speak to me directly when McCain screams across the mall , " Obama!, you fool! The people of this world don't want to be free. They are stupid and are like sheep and expect to be governed with fear. Hell, even their religious doctrines preach fear. This is the only thing they understand.
10. McCain to Obama: Why do you care if the sheep of the world are pastured?They are happy just grazing, they do not see the fence or the dogs with a watchful eye to round them up if they attempt escape.
11.Obama to McCain: The people of the world have spoken, we are not sheep. Humanity will be restored. Our freedoms will be restored. Your form of governing with fear and negativity will cease. Our nation will once again be an example of compassion and trust.
12. I drift back,away from Obama. I take a soulful glance at each candidate. It is totally my choice to pick the direction my soul wishes to venture.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hey Southern_Guardian
Thanks for the response and YES I’m independent for I feel it’s pretty stupid to label one’s self without backing their party 100%. I know many people that call them selves Republican or Democrat and they don’t even know what the party is about, they follow there friends or family etc.
As for the “4years of Bush policies will restore this nation” bit, come on, McCain is not Bush. Every Obama person I come across says the same old thing; he’s for CHANGE but always fail to enlighten me as to what that change will be. He won’t pull us from Iraq or Afghanistan, won’t wave a wand and poof our economic crisis is over. Hell were years away form another feasible energy resource let alone broke. The United States is more vulnerable now then it has ever been and I want a man in office that can handle any crisis and obama is not that person.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is the fourth time I have heard of people dreaming about Obama in the past week. This is kind of strange. I myself had a dream about him too, where I helped him with a speech in which he said something like "the intelligent americans" I laughed and said, "what intelligent americans" I can't remember much else as usual.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate5150
Every Obama person I come across says the same old thing; he’s for CHANGE but always fail to enlighten me as to what that change will be.

Well thats the whole deal here.. How are we suppose to offer proof or enlighten you upon something non of us really honestly know about!
As it has not happened yet!!
What will that change be?? We dont know.. We only know Obama has used this in his campaign, and used this word over and over again.
He promotes change! Thus we will not know what this change is until he is in office and makes changes!!!

How can anyone enlighten you upon something that has not happened yet?
And why is it so many people come down so hard on us who belive in the man?
Why must I sit here and offer my feelings, only to be called names, or to be made out like Im the fool for even thinking it might bring change?

Non of us know what this change will be until he makes the changes!

I happen to feel Obama will usher us into the New World Order..
I happen to personally feel that will be the change that happens.
But I can't say for sure, as its not happened yet.
Unless you have a time machine, and would like to enlighten us perhaps, on the set future..

I think this world is ready for a Big change!! And the more I think about this, the less I think its a negtive thing.

In essence what I have learned about this NWO is mostly negtive undertones of control and massive deaths on a large scale.

I would like to think that Obama would bring forth a postive change that will help this world.. And will help heal the damage that has been done by Bush and his Dynasty.
But we can not get there alone.. We need to step foot by foot with the rest of the world. We must unite under the terms of peace and progress!

We can all hope and we can all dream.. But actions speak louder than words by milestones!
The actions of the Bush Dynasty has created alot of hate and ill will twords my country. And this is not what I consider to be a postive action.
Pushing our will upon other nations and other countries will only lead to more attacks.
And as for the War, I dont think we should completely pull out and just cut and run.. Or make our foes feel we are weak.
No I think we should focus on the real threat.. Yet that real threat is very vague, and many don't understand who is the real threat to the USA.
Sure we know what our news outlets tell us, and we know what we are told, and made to belive.
I want to belive in Obama.. I really do! But thats all we have here is hope.
And we can all belive in something postive!
We dont have to love eachother, and all hold hands to make this a better world.. I dont have those answers.. And I dont think it comes in a bright package with bows and ribbons.. It comes with Blood, sweat, and tears.
Which many men, and women have given their lives for in the past.

I for one honor those who have fallen, so that I may come here and speak my voice! I honor those which gave everything so I may live in a country that is free.
And some may say its not free here.. But I beg to differ.. There are many places much worse than here.
Much much worse..
When if I want something I get in my car, and I drive to go get it.
What ever that may be I have access to it!
Be it drugs, sex, toys, and the many things we take for granted in this country.
If it was truely this horrible place that was so under control.. Non of us would smoke, or drink.. Or live a carefree life that so many of us enjoy.

No this country is a good place, and Im happy I live here..
And Im happy to know I have HOPE!!

And I dont need to explain myself to have hope in a man who proclaims change!
I will give him a chance to take his words, and turn them into actions!!!

Thats the only enlightenment I can honestly give you.. Becasue again non of us truely know if he is out to help us, or hurt us..
We can only HOPE, and work together, and share ideas without being nasty to eachother for those ideas!
Our ideas are our own, and everyone has a right to those ideas and feelings without running the gauntlet every time we speak up.

Thanks for listening!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Lucid Lunacy, I'd like to commend you for remaining above the ramblings and charged emotion I saw in some threads...

I wish all ATSers could react like that in all subjects...

as for me, I don't believe in letting people know who I'm voting for until after I've already done it.

I find it keeps people from trying to sway my opinion, and avoids a bunch of unnesessary arguing.

I would hope that I can remain neutral enough in all my posts here on ATS that no one here would have any clue as to what i'm going to vote.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join