It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghostly Encounters!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thought it might be interesting to some of you if I shared some of my more "unexplained" or supernatural experiences with you...

I do have a few experiences, but for now i'll just write about my first ever ghostly encounters.

This happened a very long time ago, I was around 9 or 10 if i remember correctly, we moved to a different state, and rented a house while we were buidling our new house not far away.

There was nothing you could exactly call "creepy" about the house we rented on face value, but that was soon to change.

Our first experience....

Me and my sister were sitting with our parents in their room watching tv, we were leaning with our backs against the bed facing the tv, now the tv was moved into a corner facing the bed ( obviousely ) anyway, as we were all watching tv, the big black marker pen that was on the tv, lifted up, suspended in the ait for a fraction of a second, and fell to the ground right next to me and my sister...

My dad...well he said it must have been the "air pressure" that caused it to happen... today as i am older, I think back and wonder how air pressure could cause a pen to fly off a tv..

Second encounter ( same house )

me, my sister and her friend, we all sitting in the lounge watching tv, our couches are placed in a L form and was placed next to large windows that also ran in a L form..

As we were watching tv the curtains suddenly started blowing up over the couch, from one point to the other, as if someone ran past behind the couches and curtains and threw the curtains over...

A bit freaked out we jumped up, wondering what the hell, we checked to see if the windows were open....nope they werent...

Third experience...

Me in the shower... the cold water tap would turn itself off...

Forth experience... our ridgeback dog barks constantly at the corner behind the tv in my parents room...

Forth experience...

While i would sleep at night, my alarm clock would fall on my head, my parents on a few occasions came into the room while i was crying in my sleep, and they would find the alarm clock on my pillow next to my head...

this happened quite a few times, so what i did was i took prestic ( alot ) and i stuck the alarm clock to the wall...

that night, wham, i wake up to a bang on my head...i check the prestic, the prestic is "pulled in string off the wall"

And what did we find out after we left the house and moved into our new house ?

The old lady who lived in the house before us...her husband had a heart attack and died in the corner where the tv was standing in my parents room...

So yeah, that was my first introduction to the world of the supernatural...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Alucard Hellsing]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Anyone else here have any similair stories ?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow, that is some nice stories. I normally disregard alot of them because its always dramatic. But you seem so laid back and explain it pretty well. Ha, star for you. Well, I do have a few of them.

I was with my brother at his work site (I was 8 I think). This place was in a wooded area, so no houses until 4 miles out. His job is to close up the place, so he is the last to leave. I was standing at the door with my back faced to it. I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a door close down the hall. Keep in mind that this place has a security system that is turned on before we leave. So, we have to type a code to leave. No one gets in. Really freaked me out.

This one is quite kool. At the time when I was 12/13 I lived in a town were it was wooded. So, we owned 20 acres of land. 19.5 were trees. My step-brother and I would go play in the deep woods. We had cut trees and set up small huts and bridges. Well, one day we were walking towards are little town and we saw a girl ,in a dress that looks like from the colonist times, run across from us screaming will looking back. She then suddenly disappears. I look to my right and see nothing. We learn from the locale historian that our land is actually the sight of a massacre. Many colonists were raided by native americans. I enjoy ghost stories, because it really makes you wonder. Do you think that there is a nether realm of some sort? Or if not, what? Because I always wondered how this is.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bryan LaVergne

Thanks for the star

Pretty interesting stories yourself there, much better than mine, you actually got to see a ghost.

I have a pretty funny story actually, once again with my sister and me, this actually happened before my other story, but it is just too weird to actually call it supernatural.

We were playing outside in the back yard, and we looked at our sliding door ( the curtains were closed ), and where the curtains meet there was this big curly bush of hair sticking out between the curtains ( getting goosebumps just typing this )

it looked just like our mothers hair, so we thought it was her, but we stand there looking at this bush of hair and it doesn't move, so we ran inside the house looking for our mom, only to find out she isn't there, our dad told us she left for the shops...weird

no one else was in the house... but even stranger, years later while on holiday, me and my sister were sitting in the lounge of the place we were staying in for the holidays, and while watching tv ( again
)

we both notice this big curly bush of hair sticking out from behind the door, once again thinking it is our mom...we run towards the door thinking she wants to play a joke on us, we find mommy dearest standing in the kitchen....dad outside havin a barbie...

argh, i feel akward just thinking about it, so surreal, i mean a bush of curly hair haunting me and my sister ? i mean really!

Anyway, im not sure about the afterlife, but something inside me can't deny the fact that there definately are things beyond what our eyes can see.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alucard Hellsing

Hahahaha! (No problem, a star well deserved) What the? I heard of succubi, wraiths, gnomes.... now the saeta phasmatis, hair spirit! That's a great story. I wonder why hair.... The Grudge! Well, its beyond me why these things happen. I remember taking a picture and my grandfather was in it! It was at our grandparents house. I never knew my grandfather, but sure did know what he looked like. He was standing with his hand on my grandmother's shoulder, in his military uniform (KIA) I wish I had that picture! I need to call and ask if they have it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To this day I've never seen any objects move or doors opening/closing mysteriously, but I've heard noises in the living room and kitchen in my home late at night when everyone else is sleeping. The sounds are not weird, they're normal, like when someone moves a chair to sit down or putting a coffee mug on the table, but there's nobody there. I've always been interested in this topic and someday I would like to see something supernatural, but I don't know if I would be able to sleep again lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonedrifter

Haha, I wouldnt stand having that stuff happen in my own home! I wouldnt be able to sleep then! I have no experiences where in my house, or any for that matter. It is the little things that add up though. A noise, a feeling, a movement.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have quite a few sense I work nights at a mental hospital that's been around sense the 1800's but I'll stick with a strange ongoing one that directly affected me lol...

I collect hotwheels and moved into an apartment that use to be an atic and stored my hotwheels in a closet, the super rare ones I had left flat on the floor in a certain order to keep the blister packs from getting bent.

One day they are all scattered about the floor and the door was open so I figure maybe the trafic driving by caused the floor to vibrate and maybe I didn't close the door tight enough. This continued to happen but just assumed it was trafic driving by the place.

One night I had off of work and the TV switched channels to Scooby-Doo I changed it back to the news and it switched right back again. I thought OK someone in the area has the same remote I do so I changed it by hand on the cable box and it turned back to Scooby-Doo again. I stated "OK when this is over I'm watching the news" when it was over I switched it to the news and it never changed. Every night I had off this would happen so I figured either a kid ghost or just a weird fluke.

I would turn off the lights when I went to work when I got home in the morning my bedroom light would be turned on every time. It was a touch lamp so assumed electrical problem or spider, mouse or something hitting it. Bought a new touch lamp and it still happened. Plugged it into a diffrent outlet still happened. Tried throwing stuff at it to get it to turn on and it wouldn't.

One night I had off decided to actually sleep that night. As soon as I laid down the lamp turned on, I jumped up checked for mice, spiders anything that might have turned the touch lamp on and nothing.

Then one day I walk over to my washer and the washing soap is on top of the washer. I keep it on the dryer because the washer opens from the top so why would I set it on top of the washer lid? Keeps happening so I move it to the floor and it ends up on top again. I then say, "OK if you can hear me very funny I don't mind you here but please leave the soap alone I'm getting tired of moving it all the time to put my laundry in" it never happened again.

Then the big finally came. Once again decided to sleep on a night I had off. I had 2 pillows and one was a plush sponge bob square pants pillow I got from my niece for christmass. I was laying down on both of the pillows and I feel something poke me on the shoulder. I roll over and see a little boy sitting next to me at the head of my bead and he said "but I want a pillow too" I was so pissed cause I was tired and cranky all I could say was "get your own damn pillow this ones mine"

As I rolled over I felt kind of bad for saying it and then thought oh well I'm tired maybe I'm dreaming already.

Well nothing ever happened again after that night. TV never switched channels, hotwheels never moved, lights never came on again and I was really bummed out after realizing the implacations of it all.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Woah, thats awesome man. I guess the little kid felt like he lived his life and now wants to move on? Get your own damn pillow... nice move! Hahaha, I would have done the same if I had work in the morning.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think the strangest things i've seen happens when I am tired, like haven't slept in a day or so, I always wonder why things start getting all weird when you are that tired ?

You start seeing shadows, things moving in the corner of your eyes etc.

i have a mild form of insomnia, so at times i will stay awake all night, and while laying there in the dark things get real weird, i see shadows everywhere, if i hold my hand up infront of my face i see black things enveloping my hand and what looks like black strings coming out of my hand ( imagine those electricity plasma type balls )

I always wonder what that is...is it just cause your tired and your eyes are playing tricks on you in the dark,,,,or are you actually seeing something you just normally can't see ?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Hehe, now you're taking a step into my field of knowledge. The brain uses sleep to "rewire" circuitry and connections, repair damaged cells, and process data collected. When you don't sleep, your eyes and brain become worn out. Your mind has an ability to recall information. This helps us do alot. Reading for example. We don't read the whole word, just scan it and automatically know what it is. If we have never seen the word before we analyze it. The brain recalls information and uses key aspects to help identify real time information. Now, if your eyes are not gathering information and peak effiency and the brain not deciphering as well, then there will be more problems. So, a shadow looking like a person will scare ya!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bryan LaVergne

That answer sounds way too smart to even try and debate...i'll take your word for it

So you work with brains then ???

Tell me, why do I have no control over my thoughts ? why am i always catching myself counting my breath or my steps...? talking about things i dont need to with myself etc.

I've read books on the power of now and how the mind is your ego and tries to control you and so forth... but do you have a more scientific explanation of why my brain would do this ?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
When I was a kid we moved into my grandmother's house to take care of her. Shortly after that, she passed away. I will not go into details about that, but it was traumatic. She almost died in the house, in the same room my grandfather died in. She, however, died later that week in a hospital.
Soon after, things started happening. I would lay in bed, and feel something hitting the mattress from underneath the bed. I ignored it, mostly thinking it was just my heart beating hard. What happened next though, changed that, and to this day I still have issues sleeping in complete darkness.
I was laying there. Mom had just turned the lights out and had gone to bed. Things were fine for about 10 minutes, then I felt something hit the mattress under the bed. I felt it again. Then, I felt my sheets start to move, and then WHAM, my sheets were completely ripped off of me. I pulled my pillow over my head and went to sleep. I was too afraid to move, or lift the pillow to scream. The next morning, I found that the sheets were under the bed. This happened to me about 3 times while living there.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

That's creepy!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Oh man I wouldn't have stayed in that room as long as you did.
At least it was just a kid and not some evil ghost.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well, that is totally related to ADD. You may not have it, but the mind observes alot. Your conscience is to observe the actions your brain wants to do. So to make ya wonder , you technically are two seperate things! Part of the brain making descisions and the other supervising!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Ahh! Scary. I would have been gone in an instant!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok my ghostly encounter....
It's at least 2am in the morning I open my eyes and look at my door. At my door is a ghostly figure. I look closer and it's a figure of a women it looks like she is wearing nursing uniform (scrubs etc). She is staring at me and I at her. I don't know who she is or her intentions so fear gets the best of me. I try to scream but nothing comes outs. My mouth is moving but there is no sound that emerges. Then I snap out of it, I run to my lights, turn then on and the figure has vanished. I would never forget that incident. After doing some research about the event, I now truly believe given the time and symptoms it was REM sleep. I am not a believer in ghostly encounters just, hallucinations created by the brain during times of stress or fear.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

Well... REM isnt correct. Thats when your sleeping. Sleep paralysis is closely related. Your mind could be in the dreaming trance at the time. Also, if it happened a long time ago, you may thought a dream was reality, but that doesnt happen much

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bryan LaVergne
reply to post by Ign0rant

Well... REM isnt correct. Thats when your sleeping. Sleep paralysis is closely related. Your mind could be in the dreaming trance at the time. Also, if it happened a long time ago, you may thought a dream was reality, but that doesnt happen much

Sorry I may have worded that wrong. REM is correct because the symptoms I felt is the effect of waking or dreaming in from REM sleep. Sleep paralysis as you called it occurs during the REM sleep stage. The paralysis is induced because your brain shuts down the activity of many of the muscles throughout the body to reduce injury. Thus when awaking or dreaming at this stage the brain may still believe that you are in the "dream like state" and you loss voluntary control of your muscles.

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Ign0rant]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join