It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or are things really speeding up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Lately I have this feeling that world events are speeding up. Like they are following more rapidly upon each other.

I've been on ATS a long time. Prior to this account I had another account which was lost when I lost my old pc. Of course, trough the years there have been loads of posts that I read. Usually once or twice a year major things happen and than there's a lot of posting on these events and other than that I see a fair list of debates about various subjects.

But recently it seems that events (economic crisis, nwo related government things, ufo sightings etc) are starting to appear quicker and more "heavier" than they did in the past.

I see a lot of really good threads. Usually my approach is to debunk first and if I can't I start thinking about a possiblety that it could be real. I feel like I see an increasing amout of threads that are presented with good evidence that supports the thread.

So I'm wondering, is it me? I've turned 30 half a year ago and it's been said often that you are at some kind of threshold at that age. That you start to view things differently. So is it the age playing tricks with me? Or is it really the case that things are speeding up and that we are entering a climax (or perhaps anti-climax) of things to come?

(I hope I didn't mess up to bad with my spelling.... If I did please forgive me... I'm dutch)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah no doubt, there is way more stuff happening today then a few years ago, got to consider population growth though, the advancement of news coverage, technology, the rising tensions between countries and much much more, we are advancing into a digital age, we take more video and photographs than ever before which provide more bigger, juicer topics which all contribute to the flow of events and news coverage.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
Yeah no doubt, there is way more stuff happening today then a few years ago, got to consider population growth though, the advancement of news coverage, technology, the rising tensions between countries and much much more, we are advancing into a digital age, we take more video and photographs than ever before which provide more bigger, juicer topics which all contribute to the flow of events and news coverage.

You are right. It's the perception that time is speeding up, not that the Earth is going faster around the sun or that God is on a Coke binge. There are many effects that we experience being connected to the rest of the world via the media, satellites and the internet. Time SEEMS to be getting faster just as calamities seem to be more common but it's just more people in more places with a worldwide audience. I think there are some very positive effects that are not talked about very much. Slipping in under the radar. Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
True, things do seem to be speeding up, but as said in the last post, we are ever-more connected. With all the media outlets and being able to respond to situations across the world in seconds, humans are making more impulsive decisions than ever.

Or maybe I drank too much Mt. Dew

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Its the fact that we are more informed, many things are happening right now, its a big world, but only now we are realizing we ARE a whole world.

the internet and the media unfortunately only report the bad and shameful things, the things that are out of proportion, or completely senseless...

Learning to discern amongst all the inputs is the real deal...!
Don't let the speed of so called "reality" bog you down, you are steering your ship, not them, take it easy!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
But recently it seems that events (economic crisis, nwo related government things, ufo sightings etc) are starting to appear quicker and more "heavier" than they did in the past.

Actually I have definitely noticed this myself! And I have been here since 04. I think some of it is merely due to the steady increase in the member base. Most of it can be attributed towards the fact that many new events are heavier right now.

BUT! I have noticed a sharp increase the past two months or so with UFO reportings, and subsequently UFO related threads...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thank you all for your answers.

The first replies mentioned some things about time speeding up, that is not what I'm experiencing but I read that some people here do feel that way. I ment more of an increase in threads that contain quite big news and more of that kind of things.

The more media, more members etc idea is very true. I thought about it for a while when I was in bed last night. I design websites and if I look at how things have evolved over the years... it's huge. When I started out there was only html and I think java was around too. But now new developments are following up so rapidly that it's hard to keep up. Before it was possible to be a webdesigner and know all parts of webdesign. That is getting increasingly difficult. Php, mysql, css, ajax,flash etc are all things that take time to learn.

On the other hand they make great things possible. We couldn't dream back in the nineties when internet made it's entre that we would be watching youtube movies and discuss them online. And we never even heard of myspace. Google didn't even exist yet.

So yes you guys are right.... I never even thought about it before today but with half the world connected and all the possibleties things do seem to go quicker while in fact it is more content.

Thank you all for your help!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

I am with you. We are pretty close in age, so I may not be the objective source you need. I feel it though. Not only news stories either though, my own personal life is having this same effect.

We have been having something dramatic happening in our family on a steadily increasing basis for the last few years. Now it is almost frantic. In the last month; my father has passed away, my uncle (his only brother) crashed his motorcycle and was in critical condition, my daughter had to go to the hospital for the first time, my brother in law has had to file for bankruptcy, his ex-wife moved out of state with his daughter, there was a run-away in the family (distant family, but still...)... etc. It has been a busy month.

Many of my friends and neighbors have been having rough times as well. Nobody that I know has had an equal amount of good things happen to offset this. I am a generally negative person, but times like this it is hard to be positive.

If things get any faster, I don't know if I can handle it....

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
@Karlhungis

My condolances on the lost of your father. I'm sorry to hear all these bad things have happened to you and your family. I hope good times will be arriving soon at your doorstep!

Although it's a bit a sideroad from the topic I do have similair experiences here.

My father in law has a terminal form of cancer (it's the first time I'm watching someone die up close and since I lost contact with my own dad like 20 years ago my father in law is the only dad-like person I have). My sister in law decided that was THE time to throw a huge fight into the family (sometimes I wonder... can't she just wait untill the old man has passed away so he can go in peace) The tax office decided to keep 100% of my wages for the comming 6 months, due to a mistake on their side. Now they are in the process of fixing it... it will just take them like 4 months

And indeed...... it's not just happening in my family... if I look around me I see it happening to a lot of families.

I also feel I see some kind of gap that is starting to form. Between good and bad, although that is a somewhat poor description. Like people are making huge decissions on where they stand. I lost 2 very dear friends that have decided to live up to a completely different set of morales all of the sudden.... I couldn't believe it since I've known them both very long. My sister in law that turns out to be so greedy, materialistic and a liar, all of the sudden. It is so weird.... like you think you know who you are and who your closest friends and familymembers are. But than you are wrong on that and it turns your life upside down.

The other way around tends to happen too (luckely). My sister with whom I never got along and didn't have contact with for years is now a very dear sister to me. I asked her if it was me that changed and she said... "no it's not you it's me".

Anyway this is way of topic but to quote Bob Dylan "the times they are changing" And that is what I feel.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I think your right. But i think it might be due to a bit of a snowball affect. One thing happens, Somewhat causes another thing to happen. People become more fearful and then another problem or potential problem becomes more likely on the forefront.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
There is a noticeable difference in the feel of time between now and yesteryear.

Is time speeding up or are we speeding up?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Time itself is speeding up. A day is still a day and the speed at which we go around the sun is the same, but all of those things are happening faster. What we are experiencing are called time waves. In the same way that a wave coming to shore can speed you along, so too do these alterations in the flow of time do the same thing. I have niticed these sensations many times. When we go through one, time speeds up a little then eventually returns to normal. Of course I have no scientific proof of this, but it is said that if our solar system were near a black hole, that time would begin to fluctuate in a ripple effect that would eventually dialate. Who knows for sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i think its just cause your tuned into it more and you seek out the info. not to mention ATS is about the best place for up to date news you can get, the members here are totally on the ball.

every once in a while i turn off the news and back off ATS for a few days and things slow down again.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey OP , check this websites!
Many feel the way you do, I'm not sure about time speeding up, but surely something IS happening with time and maturing rates, remember the babies a few decades back, some at 6 months couldn't even sit straight, now some are beginning to talk, children are learning faster, we as adults are more connected and aware of worldly affairs than ever before

There is another interesting trend worth noting, which is that the more recently a person awakens from programmed sleep and into the pursuit of truth, the more rapid his or her growth from that point onward. I know several people who started their paths in the 1960s and 70s, and it took them about two decades to complete the first pass of their research, to come full circle and finally see the bigger picture. My awakening began in 1993 and I did not reach that point until 2003, so about a decade. Those I know who began in 2001 reached it by 2004, so three years. Now I am coming across people who are doing it in under a year, sometimes just a few months. Part of that trend is due to the increased availability, quality, diversity, and accessibility of information pertaining to matters of truth. Those of the 60s and 70s had books, newsletters, telephone, personal meetings and mail correspondence. Then came fax machines, personal computers, BBS networks, personal printing and photocopying. Then came easy duplication of storage media, the internet with its websites, forums, and radio shows, and now we have broadband internet, wifi spots, p2p filesharing and free video streaming. For all its downsides, recent technology has served to accelerate the awakening, albeit indirectly and at the risk of de-socialization.

source

There is still much we are beginning to understand about the universe at large, and the universe within our existence.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Thank you very much for posting that!!!!

I'm going to check it out!

top topics

join