It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of your Jack-O-Lanterns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Happy Halloween friends, it is that time of year and many of us will be carving the Halloween Pumpkins, just figured I would open a thread to show off your talents!

My son and his Gf are coming over tonight to carve some pumpkins.

After the carving I will post some pictures for you to enjoy.

I am also open to any good links to patterns and any Jack-o-Lanterns you find on the Internet worthy of taking a look at.

This will fun, I will start with a picture of the Pumpkins we will be using.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Boy I tell you when you have pumpkins you have friends.

Let the Carving begin!

Great detail...

And we have only just begun. We truly are Pumpkin Blessed this year. So far we have been able to share our abundance with others and still plenty to carve and enjoy, eat, freeze and seed save.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

COOL! You have far more holiday spirit than I this year!
My older children will all be working, and since I'm taking the younger ones out trick or treating, there won't be anyone home to give out candy.

I did however buy a couple of cute little plastic ones to put in the window, and a few treats just in case I get a couple of kids at my door before I go out, or after I get back.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Oh cool those are awesome

I found a picture of a good one on the interweb check it out.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

That's so real looking, it's downright scary! I'd probably skip over THAT house!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

Thhaaat iiiisss soooo coooll! Shiver me timbers man, thats scary!

Ryan is going to do an alien for me, and I have tons more pictures to put up, just got too sleepy last night to post and too busy today. Catch you guys later, thanks for the posts.

Oh and AD sounds like a good time for all, and you know youre always welcome to come down and go with us, then later the kids are throwing a party and I am going to retire to my room to watch scary movies and eat popcorn, chocolate and just chill.

Be sure and post your pumpkins!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here is one I just had to share, a pumpkinhead carving a pumpkin (and the spooky house he carved is my favorite, long after everyone left the table, he was still at it. I will get a picture up of his soon.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Great pumpkins Antar!! Your pumpkin head son is adorable LOL!!

These are mine from LAST year.. i didnt get to carve yet for this year, but i am already scoping out new patterns .

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sweet! Very cool Jack o Lanterns!!
Looks like some good time family fun! I can remember the days of past carving pumpkins up with my family..
These are the times to cherish those good times and the memories.. These days come and go so fast!

I wish I had a picture to share, but I have not gotten my pumpkin yet.
But when I do.. Im going to Carve a B in the side of its face, and give my pumpkin a fake black eye, and call it, the Todd Pumpkin!

Peace!
Zy

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Awesome thread!

This is our pumpkin, my girlfriend carved it and I did the blood. It is a craft pumpkin. The pattern was from zombie pumpkins, while there are more complex patterns, she wanted to try the easier one first, because it was her first craft pumpkin. I think it turned out well. We both are big horror fans.

Here it is, the Jason Voorhees Jack-o-Lantern:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oh wow, great pumpkins you guys! I loved them all but the winking pumpkin was SOO cute and the Jason, well if my kids see that one they are going to be jealous. Zy hurry and get your up! cant wait to see the twisted pumpkin you'll come up with.

I have sevearal more to share, just have not done it yet. Heres another one of a smokin' head...

I think dry ice would be better...

Edit to say that Jason pumpkin is perfectly shaped, and was it thin inside or did you thin it out? How long did you spend on the project? And are you going to enter it in competition? I went to the college in Springfields contest and there were none as good as the ones both of you have posted above... 500 first and 100 second prize.

There was one haunted house that was awesome, it had sticks in the windows like bars or something, very cool. Its neat when you incorporate different things into the pumpkins.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by antar]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thank you very much!!! Your pumpkin is awesome too!!

The Jason pumpkin is a craft pumpkin, and they come pretty thin, so she didn't touch the inside of the pumpking at all, she carved a hole in the bottom to fit a light into, and thats it. It took her about 2 hours to carve, in the process getting ill from breathing in the debris. I would recommend anyone who is carving a craft pumpkin, to use a dust mask. She learned the hard way.

Then, I just made some homemade blood, spattered it on, and let it drip from the knife opening. It was pretty simple, for me anyways, she had the harder part.

I don't plan on entering it in a competition, but if I saw one, I might. We have another craft pumpkin, and a few real ones we are going to carve, I will post the results.

Thanks for the compliments!!!!

edit to add

Here is a link to Zombie Pumpkins, this is where I got the pattern. They have a alot of really cool patterns there.

Zpmbie Pumpkins

[edit on 27-10-2008 by schism85]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
***DUH*** I really did not know what a craft pumpkin was... Now I understand, so can you still put a candle in it of will it go up in flames?

I would love to buy a few for the yearly decorations. But you know that gives me an idea, we could take pictures of the best of the years Jack-o-lanterns and enlarge prints then bring those out to decorate the walls each year.

I love fall and all of the wonderful colors, the woodstove smell, cinnamon in the air and lots of hot coco!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That is an awesome idea!! I love fall as well, best time of the year.

You can't put a real candle in it, but you can buy little battery operated candles that don't get hot, and gives the same affect as a flickering flame. It looks good, and the craft pumpkin won't rot, and I can reuse it next year. But I still like old fashion carving process better, with a real pumpkin.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

It is all good as I see it you have an excellent point about being able to reuse year after year, and you can see how your craft gets better in time, excellent pumpkin, and it must look very real at night. BTW I like the feel of your home, just that little area looks so homey and clean, uncluttered and zen, my dream... You see my house is erm, lived in...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks!! Its cluttered too, thats why I took that picture in that spot. lol. Its impossible for the house not to be.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OK I feel like Im hogging all the bandwith here so just a few more to share.
I hope you enjoy...

I did this one for all my friends here at BTS:

Hot Lips Hulahan:

The stairs leading up to the haunted alien house:

Aliens Trick or Treating w/ alien craft above and moon to left:

Johnny spots his favorite by my 13 year old, (Dont attempt this at home)

Open at your own risk... Bhuuahaaaaa!
i210.photobucket.com...[/IMG]

Johnny please do not attempt this without adult supervision!
(It is actually just cold breath blowing toward candle)

And heres one of me in the messiest part of the house, dang I should have put some makeup on...

[edit on 28-10-2008 by antar]

[edit on 28-10-2008 by antar]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You are awesome!! Those are too cool!

Love the Alien and BTS ones the most. Did you use a pattern for any of them??

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Hey! I figured the picture of me would have been your fav. No no patterns used. I am NO artist, but my son sure is, his aliens are fantastic. Thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Hey! I figured the picture of me would have been your fav.

Its is!!
I said favorite pumpkin, not picture. Your house doesn't look that messy.

Your son is talented. Those aliens are awesome.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join