It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, fighting for freedom in Iraq and we censor their paper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Check it out...

US Censors paper

Hm, censoring their newspaper after fighting a war for them to become free? This is lame and defeats the whole purpose of the war if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
While I understand what you are saying, they currently live in a police state that still stinks of violence.

This thing will only last longer should the violence continue forcing the forces over there to shorten the leash for everyone until they are damn near choking them.

That is not the way to get out of their any faster. Closing the newspaper is temporary and when we leave, let them write whatever they want.

For now they got to play by our rules for a while.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
the U.S. is just doing what it wishes it could blatantly do in america. The U.S. is setting up a system of controls where business concerns will run the country and all opposition will be forbiden. i don't think the post iraq war is going how the U.S. thought it would....there seems to be a lot more disent than we were lead to believe there would be...

on the off chance that the U.S. ever leaves iraq..i wonder how long it would take before it became another israel/palistinian thing.......hmmmmm, but it seems to be headed that way now...hmmmmmmmm

new topics

join