It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images that Just Get Etched in Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hi guys.

For some reason when I sleep I sometimes get really weird pictures get etched in to my vision out of nowhere. Sometimes this happens when I'm not even sleeping, but just laying down with my eyes closed.

This especially happens after intense sleep paralysis, but sometimes just spontaneously, and they'll appear in your closed-eye vision. Half of the time they're not really significant, but it's just really weird. One time I was having extreme sleep paralysis, but I failed to reach sleep paralysis, and I heard a pop and felt as if my mind melted and fizzed all over my body.

In my closed-eye vision I saw a smiling female who dissolved when the fizzing sensation finished. It was creepy, but I was unphased. After a bout of sleep paralysis last Thursday, I saw what appeared to be a bar in my closed-eye vision. I've had a lot more, but I'm only going to discuss the more recent ones as it's not so time consuming to talk about.

I had an image appear in my closed-eye vision out of nowhere this morning, and this time I thought I'd do a real crap job of trying to replicate it on Photoshop:

It was what appeared to be a soundwave amidst rectangles. Weird stuff.
Do any of you guys get images in your closed-eye vision spontaneously? I'm interested to find out.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Some people seek entheogens just for the effects you mention.
It could be that either you are getting flashes of perception from the infinite layers of the cosmos, It could be you have some sort of neurological anomaly that not also paralyzes you but gives you visions as well, a similar molecule of '___' is produced in the brain , giving us closed eye visualizations, in other words it gives us the power of "seeing" things while we sleep, maybe you have some of that synthesizing while you are waking up...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about. I can however make accurate representations of what I see.
I would also like to point out that this happens often enough for me to worry about is, but I have never had it associated with sleep paralysis.
Check out my thread, with some examples of my artwork, based on these "VISIONS"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have never experienced sleep paralysis, but I have recently been more aware of my mind and what I see in it. Since I have paid attention to it, when I close my eyes I see billions of triangles and diamond shapes of all different colors in an intricate pattern going towards like a horison line kind of like the wave thing that is in your picture. Usually I will only be able to see it after I have been in the shower for a while. Almost every time when I get out of the shower, if I close my eyes, that is what I see, and I don't know why. I can even try to see something else, but the pattern will still be there. And also recently I can close my eyes and see things like people or places or pictures that have no relation to my life. I have always been able to hear things in my mind kind of like a radio, people talking and yelling and everything, and it relates in no way to my life, but I can tune it out or concentrate on it if i want. I usually tune it out since I have no use of it and it is usually depressing, because it is yelling alot and lots of crying too. But sometimes I will have moments when I just tune it back in and listen to what is going on. I don't know if it is from inside my brain or psychic because I don't know how to tell. But then again it doesn't really matter to me if it is psychic or isn't right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
I have never experienced sleep paralysis, but I have recently been more aware of my mind and what I see in it. Since I have paid attention to it, when I close my eyes I see billions of triangles and diamond shapes of all different colors in an intricate pattern going towards like a horison line kind of like the wave thing that is in your picture. Usually I will only be able to see it after I have been in the shower for a while. Almost every time when I get out of the shower, if I close my eyes, that is what I see, and I don't know why. I can even try to see something else, but the pattern will still be there.

Does it happen if you put pressure on your eyes, perhaps like if you rest your head in your hands and touch your eyes or if you rub your eyes a lot? I saw similar things a lot when I was a kid and used to rub my eyes really hard a lot due to allergies. Always reminded me of something like a monochromatic kaleidoscope with checkerboard patterns, tending to spiral in or out. I ask because you said that it would happen after you get out of a long shower and close your eyes, and I've heard that hot showers raise blood pressure, so maybe its somehow kind of pressure related? I can do it now just by pressing the heels of my hands against my eyeballs (its kind of uncomfortable) and I get the checkerboard pattern spiraling out and some bright blue sparkly things that kind of look like tv snow but electric blue. Not to discount your experience or anything I'm just curious if what I'm experiencing is the same thing as what you are, since I always thought it was really bizarre what I "saw" when I rubbed my eyes too hard.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Potato

In my closed-eye vision I saw a smiling female who dissolved when the fizzing sensation finished. It was creepy, but I was unphased. After a bout of sleep paralysis last Thursday, I saw what appeared to be a bar in my closed-eye vision. I've had a lot more, but I'm only going to discuss the more recent ones as it's not so time consuming to talk about.

Maybe just overactive imagination for me, but when lying down and trying to go to sleep I sometimes see startling things spontaneously and completely unrelated to my thought process at the time, for example just thinking about things like work or something otherwise completely mundane and then with my eyes closed I see something traditionally frightening, like a skull or a hooded figure, or some other icon of "scariness." It's always accompanied by a surge of fear and accompanying physiological responses, like adrenaline as if I was truly startled by someone sneaking up behind me and touching me as a joke. I've become somewhat accustomed to and able to deal with this now, but the resulting fear and dread from these images that popped into my head at random points used to keep me up for several hours afterwards.

The physiological response I experience is similar to when, in a dreamlike state right before sleeping, you "trip" while you're walking and you forgot you were laying down in bed and trying to sleep, and your muscles suddenly jerk and relax but you have the sensation and/or memory of tripping over something.

Maybe the pop and melting you feel is your mind relaxing, as muscles do? Very interesting topic and I look forward to what everyone has to say.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It is similar to when I rub my eyes and see things, but usually if I do that it is more dark and not as definite in shapes and moves around alot and a LOT LESS inricate. When I get out of the shower and see the pattern of diamonds and triangles it is more definite and stable and very intricate, kind of like just looking at a tv screen with a pattern on it, with lots of colors and like I said there is a horizon type thing in the middle and it doesn't move.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itamirisse
I sometimes see startling things spontaneously and completely unrelated to my thought process at the time, for example just thinking about things like work or something otherwise completely mundane and then with my eyes closed I see something traditionally frightening, like a skull or a hooded figure, or some other icon of "scariness." It's always accompanied by a surge of fear and accompanying physiological responses, like adrenaline as if I was truly startled by someone sneaking up behind me and touching me as a joke.

This happens to me a lot too. I have never seen any actual blood or weapons or anything like that to scare me though, just like evil looking faces or creatures or symbolic things. But I can usually tune it out so it doesn't happen, like right now and when I am distracted or busy. If I am alone and not busy though it's just like a single flash in my mind out of no where of this picture and more often then not it is something scary or maybe those are just what catch my attention. I will sometimes not be able to sleep afterwards too especially if I am alone at home.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
"Luminous beings are we; not this crude matter" - Yoda

The universe is made up of one giant pattern, which repeats itself over and over within itself. The 'crude matter' that we're stuck inside for whatever reason is a biological computer that filters out any instances of the pattern that are not important to our immediate (and also long-term) survival.

There are ways to 'tweak' the way that computer works, and what it filters. I like TheOneEyedProphet's reply. Sometimes your body's systems shut down (or wake up) in a different sequence than usual, and your consciousness is active enough to experience the breakdown of the mind's filters.

If that sounds mundane, let me add that I believe that 'sleep paralysis' is a real phenomena, but that not everything experienced during it is 'hallucinatory'. It's the above-mentioned breaking down of filters that enables the mind to function in ways that it normally can't. Remote viewing and astral travel can be achieved accidentally this way, I believe.

I also believe that you can be remote viewing or traveling out-of-body AND dreaming at the same time. Like when you sleepwalk, and perceive an amalgamation of your dream-world and your actual surroundings. I've had flying dreams that I dismissed as just dreams because something was out-of-place in a familiar setting. Now I believe that it can be more than just a dream, while at the same time your brain is also producing '___' and causing you to spawn imagery out of your own subconscious.

Strange that Itamirisse brings up the 'jerking' sensation. I recall dreaming a lot as a young kid 6 or 7-ish, that I'd be walking around downtown by myself. Something I'd never actually done or would be allowed to do. I was never scared or worried, actually there was no 'plot', just walking. BUT: I remember many times finding myself back in my bed and actually taking a few strides under the covers before realizing I had been dreaming.

Thing is, I walk around in that location constantly now. was I experiencing some kind of precognition? They stand out as 'odd' occurrences for me.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i also can see things when i close my eyes ive been able to since i was a young kid am 18 now btw i have seen ranges of things from simple shapes to hooded figures and places plus alien faces and weird morphing faces people laffing and people crying just reli random stuff also get mixed feelings when see diff things i find it quite fun but i dont do it close to night coz i cant get to sleep anyways man every one who experinces this should try some experiments and stuff like with setting and music maby even noise from a no signal reaved station so like white noise anyways good thread

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
well first im gonna tell you tat 5 people died in my schol....
anyway many people im my school me included walk out side from the darkness into the light and we jus see a girl by some railings in our minds clear as day(lol) i hat that saying.. and i was in a frennch lesson an i saw a woman in a wierd surrondind.. its pretty weird but its ok

top topics

join