It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Anchorage Daily News Sides with Obama Now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Alaska's largest newspaper, the Anchorage Daily News, has endorsed... Obama!

www.adn.com...

When Alaskans themselves, who know Palin the best, say this, the whole country should listen.

"Gov. Palin's nomination clearly alters the landscape for Alaskans as we survey this race for the presidency -- but it does not overwhelm all other judgment. The election, after all is said and done, is not about Sarah Palin, and our sober view is that her running mate, Sen. John McCain, is the wrong choice for president at this critical time for our nation.

Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee, brings far more promise to the office. In a time of grave economic crisis, he displays thoughtful analysis, enlists wise counsel and operates with a cool, steady hand. The same cannot be said of Sen. McCain.

The unqualified endorsement of Sen. Obama by a seasoned, respected soldier and diplomat like Gen. Colin Powell, a Republican icon, should reassure all Americans that the Democratic candidate will pass muster as commander in chief."

Gov. Palin has shown the country why she has been so successful in her young political career. Passionate, charismatic and indefatigable, she draws huge crowds and sows excitement in her wake. She has made it clear she's a force to be reckoned with, and you can be sure politicians and political professionals across the country have taken note. Her future, in Alaska and on the national stage, seems certain to be played out in the limelight.

Yet despite her formidable gifts, few who have worked closely with the governor would argue she is truly ready to assume command of the most important, powerful nation on earth. To step in and juggle the demands of an economic meltdown, two deadly wars and a deteriorating climate crisis would stretch the governor beyond her range. Like picking Sen. McCain for president, putting her one 72-year-old heartbeat from the leadership of the free world is just too risky at this time."

So Alaskans like her for their own state, but fully understand, she should not be allowed to be VP or President at this time.

Edit to add "ex" tag for external content and proper title.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Palin a Diva? Ruffled Feathers in McCain Camp

link

“She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone,” the advisor told CNN. “She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else. Also she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: divas trust only unto themselves as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom.”

Not the mindset or attitude that goes along well at all with being in public office, much less (possible) the highest office in the land.
God Forbid.

..taps...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well Alaska is a red state, it has been for as long as I know of and I really don't see it turning blue anytime soon. That being said, McCain supporters will not read the article. They will gloss over this little tidbit of information and continue to shout at the top of their lungs.........YEAH BUT SHE'S HOT!

I swear I think some people in this country truly believe that if they vote for McCain it comes with a free date with Palin.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

When Alaskans themselves, who know Palin the best, say this, the whole country should listen.

This is a newspaper...not the entire state of Alaska's voice...that is endorsing Obama. Your title is misleading. Needs to be changed.

If you could show some links to verify the whole state now endorsing Obama i'd be more than willing to see them.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is a newspaper that is owned by The McClatchy Company based out of California, which I believe to be a liberal slanted newspaper. Will have to do some more checking on that (as, I could be wrong
)

I agree with the PP........the title NEEDS to be changed, as it is FALSE. The Anchroage Daily news endorces Obama. Not the state of Alaska.

[edit on 10/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Alaska does not side with Senator Obama over Governor Palin, and that can be seen through the fact that they will Vote for McCain/Palin. A Newspaper simply endorsed Senator Obama because they are more Liberal, and thus Senator McCain does not appeal to them. Governor Palin appeals to them regardless of their Liberalism since she is a Native Daughter, but that does not trump their pre-disposed views towards Senator McCain. I believe that essentially "Hits the Nail on the Head".

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Even Alaska Sides with Obama Now!
That's just to damn funny.
I don't think that's how it was meant to work do you?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I found some poll data, seems like Mccain is beating Obama. A news organization isn't really the majority.
Alaska Poll data

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Forest]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Another branch of the MSM endorsing Obama? I am looking for an emoticon depicting someone yawning....but I don't see it....

[edit on 26-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Big deal; Dallas has more people than the entire State of Alaska and most
of Alaskans don't care enough to vote anyway.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You'd probably care if obama missed out on the presidency by 4 electoral votes...but hey...this has nothing to do with the topic anyway.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by whaaa

You'd probably care if obama missed out on the presidency by 4 electoral votes...but hey...this has nothing to do with the topic anyway.

Why in the hell do you think I'm an Obama supporter? Ever hear of Ron Paul?

And to stay on topic....

Big deal; Dallas has more people than the entire State of Alaska and most
of Alaskans don't care enough to vote anyway.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Sorry for the assumption...after looking at your previous posts i do realize that now. May have had you confused with someone else...i do apologize for that. I like RP myself.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ADN endorsed Kerry in 2004, so, while it may seem like a big deal, it's really not. It seems like they would endorse "their girl" but they think she's "too risky".

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Newspapers and the "MSM" main stream media here in the US are generally Liberal in their political stance so it really matter who the GOP ran up against BHO the newspaper whould have backed Obama.

new topics

top topics

join