ATS.X: Alien Contact Meditation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

I am curious to know if there is a frequency difference between the left and right channels? Hemi-Sync.

I used binaural-beats (hemi-sync) in the first draft but then removed it before upload so that I wouldnt have any subliminal influence on it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I want to download this because I am a sucker for this type of thing... but I am not sure if it is worth ruining the mystique of what Skyfloating sounds like.....

I did have a slight cold while speaking, but I made sure to speak as neutrally as possible so that its not about the person but about the taking ones Meds (Meditation).

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Thanks. Let me know if it was pleasant to listen to as well.

You have an interesting voice...from a marketing research/feedback POV I would say that your delivery is very effective because when I think back to other speakers uttering similar material, they usually (to me) have a creepy or lame or alarming in some way style...whereas your voice is not in the way, well-schooled use...
The music/sound was on a lower level, to my taste, kind of nothing, inoffensive but not inspired or groovy...same as no music at all, maybe.
Overall though I enjoyed the podcast, it exceeded expectations, s'good.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

That Feedback is valuable to me because most of the time when I listen to this type of stuff I find the voices horrible and distracting me from the Meditation. Hence I tried to keep it neutral.

Also the sound is indeed non-instrusive as not to distract.

Thanks man

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
this is so interesting - i'll have to download it when i get home!

it's rather weird that i read this post yesterday on my thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...and i decided to try to meditate last night with a goal to obtain some sort of E.T. contact, but i wasn't too successful - as far as i know..

now, the very next day, i see this thread, and i'm pretty damn sure it's some sort of sign.

...the more i learn, the more i'm inclined to believe that there really are no coincidences...

i'll try this tonight! thanks a lot!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have a terrible admission to make... I thought Sky was having us on with this one, really I did (it sounds harsh, but he knows I'm swoony over him anyway). And now I feel like a cynical awful person.

Sky, I really enjoyed the music and your well-modualted, kind sounding voice and there was even a sweet vulnerability to your slighty stuffed-up nose too.

I think it would be great if you would consider doing another one for a general meditation -- I would use it all the time and I need all the help I can get as I have never managed to meditate sucessfully -- hence I'm a little intimidated to go looking for extra-dimensional beings out of the gate.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

I´ll do a general meditation sooner or later. Thanks for the friendly comment.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Am about to tuck into a large portion of this meditation. The room is dark,and the dog's been kicked out and gone downstairs. (I wouldn't mind him in here,cos he's nice and quiet,it's just when you're halfway through a meditation and you smell his gas.....let's just say it knocks my ying right out of sync with my yang)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
That was some cool meditation. I didn't do the whole "verbal commitment" thing because I believe that if they want to contact you, they will, whether you focus hard on it, in a relaxed state of mind, without reservations, or not.

I appreciate that you made it so easy. Just clicked the link at the right time of night, everyone but me sleeping in my house, perfect. Thank you. I would have starred this thread but the stars are missing. Huh...
Flagged, though. Good stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
I didn't do the whole "verbal commitment" thing because I believe that if they want to contact you, they will

Thats true. Good point.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I may not agree with the "statement of intent" part but I did finish the whole meditation. It's the best meditation I've ever tried.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've been trying to do this. It won't play on my mp3 player for some reason, and by the time I have to wait for the kids to go to sleep, downstairs where my computer is, I do as well. (sigh).

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating - nicely done

the music is very nice - could seriously just sit and listen to that as well

have to say - kinda chickened out - not sure why

but - I'll give it another try later on

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I enjoyed this very much.

I wonder though with the breathing 10 in 10 hold 10 out 10 times was this an attempt to get the user to contemplate the math or was it another way of saying take a deep breath hold it breath out deeply ?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Great post man seriously, but i have one question

what do you mean by the 10's ? you mean for breathing take 10 seconds, for pausing take 10 seconds and breath out 10 seconds? or am i incorrect?

thanks in advance

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger

I wonder though with the breathing 10 in 10 hold 10 out 10 times was this an attempt to get the user to contemplate the math or was it another way of saying take a deep breath hold it breath out deeply ?

This is one technique used in preparation for an Out of Body Experience or just deep meditative states. It slows things down in your body, the key is to put your body to sleep but keep your mind awake.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

Originally posted by gYvMessanger

This is one technique used in preparation for an Out of Body Experience or just deep meditative states. It slows things down in your body, the key is to put your body to sleep but keep your mind awake.

Yes i understand that (thank you though i dont mean to be rude) but 10 and 3 (the pattern breath in (1), hold (2), breath out (3) are both esoteric numbers and I wondered whether Skyfloating had a reason for that, or whether it was as you say to keep the mind awake whilst turning the body off, or if for the purpose of this meditation not counting but simply ensuring your regulating deep breathing cycles would be enough.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I can't speak for SF but only offer my take on this type of meditation. Personally, when I started the counting, it was only as a training aid and I didn't start at 10, I started at 4 and raise it as you get more accomplished. I don't think the numbers themselves have specific deeper or hidden meaning, it simply accomplishes several tasks effectively.

There are 16 normal breaths in a minute (roughly), at 10 seconds per interval, it's a big drop if you are not used to it, are unfit, a smoker, overweight or whatever. You must always adapt these things to suit your comfort because discomfort will have the opposite effect.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thank you that was a very informative post, I didn't overly think there was a hidden meaning, but I wondered if perhaps there was as its not normal for a guided meditation to be so specific about the breathing cycles.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Nope, no specific meaning behind the numbers (at least none I am aware of).

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join