It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopters attack border point with Iraq: Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

the US army built an maintaines the GPS satelite network .. they just cant figure out how to use the little talkin gizmo's mounted on the dashboard

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh no. One of these. No use in having a civil argument here...verything is black and white i can see. I'll move on.

These is no difference. So we are allowed to dictate what everyone else in the world should do. The US has basically been a terrorist organization for decades. Look at the history of our actions throughout the world. Manipulating governments for our own purpose.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
fyying over the boarder accidentally is one thing flying over and taking out targets is totally different, this was no accident, you don't accidentally fly over the boarder and accidentally take out targets.

I'm sick of my tax dollars going to kill people, I don't care what country they are in or what they think about Americans , stop killing people with my tax dollars!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In my opinion, the current U.S administration has launched an attack on Syria and at least part of the reason they are doing this is because of the election.

Is it really a coincidence that a week before the election that the U.S takes such an action? And please don't tell me there's no proof that this actually happened. The Iraq war was justified through lies and so will this one.

The sad thing is, America think they have the right to do whatever they want in this world, and why not? after all, they are the most powerful nation aren't they?

I'm an outsider.. not American, but I and 95% of the world believe that Barack Obama should be president of the United States..it's funny how at least 40% of Americans will actually vote for McCain.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but this is the truth from an outside point of view. And no, the world is not out to get America as the U.S media would project..They have created an atmosphere of fear and paranoia over the last 8 years.. I really hope that most of you see that.

Go Obama

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

And what about other attacks in Pakistan in the last 7 years by the U.S.? Are they related to the election? Perhaps its just that his presidency is almost over and just for the heck of it hit the enemy before someone like Obama may decide not to implement such attacks. If Obama becomes president, will he allow continued missile attacks in Pakistan?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Statement just issued about the target of the attack.

FOX: AQ Leader target of strike

A U.S. strike on a network of foreign fighters in Syria killed its main target — an Al Qaeda coordinator who was wanted for sending foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq, a U.S. official told FOX News.

Killed in Sunday's attack by Special Operations Forces was Abu Ghadiyain, Al Qaeda's senior coordinator operating in Syria who was closely associated with the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

So it seems it was a purposeful strike and not a "fog-of-war" type attack.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just who do the americans think they are ? Pakistan and now Syria, these are acts of war against soveriegn states. This is inviting a reprisal back on their home turf.....and for once they actually deserve it. How would the Americans react if this attack was just within their border ?
WW3 cometh and its all down to the good old USA (United Shoot em All)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

And what about other attacks in Pakistan in the last 7 years by the U.S.? Are they related to the election? Perhaps its just that his presidency is almost over and just for the heck of it hit the enemy before someone like Obama may decide not to implement such attacks. If Obama becomes president, will he allow continued missile attacks in Pakistan?

Of course it's possible. I only said that one of the reasons may be to do with the election due in a week.

But whatever the reasons are, they certainly don't justify killing innocent civilians. These are human beings, not animals. And even animals have rights.

As for Pakistan, I do believe that there are radical groups in this world who use religion or the name of GOD to justify their political goals. But I refuse to believe that a bunch of fanatics could have destroyed the WTC on 9/11. I think the CIA either let it happen, or they did it themselves..please don't let me give reasons for that too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Osama bin Laden was a CIA agent himself. So if he is the real threat to the U.S, why haven't they caught him? or killed him? why aren't they even chasing him?..he is supposedly in Afghanistan or Pakistan, so why are the U.S concentrating so much on other nations like Iraq or Syria? or even Iran? You would think that America would focus on the threat they talk about so much and not on invading countries for oil or otherwise.

Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Statement just issued about the target of the attack.

FOX: AQ Leader target of strike

A U.S. strike on a network of foreign fighters in Syria killed its main target — an Al Qaeda coordinator who was wanted for sending foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq, a U.S. official told FOX News.

Killed in Sunday's attack by Special Operations Forces was Abu Ghadiyain, Al Qaeda's senior coordinator operating in Syria who was closely associated with the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

So it seems it was a purposeful strike and not a "fog-of-war" type attack.

And you really BELIEVE that?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Well, there's two scenarios here...

1: The US knowingly and willingly violated another countries border, which constitutes as an invasion. (They're evil).

2: The US military still can't figure out how to read a map. (They're stupid).

[edit on 27-10-2008 by johnsky]

Yes that is why you haven't had a nuke detonate in your back yard, because the US is evil and stupid. Tell that to the family of a fallen solider that the dedication and ultimate sacrifice was given to evil and stupid people.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by midnight_sun]

[edit on 27-10-2008 by midnight_sun]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

And you really BELIEVE that?

Believe what part of it?

That they knew they were in Syria and went ahead?
Yes, based on what I've read so far (the "taking matters into their own hands", etc). I think they knew they were in Syria.

That they got an AQ leader?
Well, I really have no way of knowning that for 100% sure. All we have is what each side is saying. You have one side saying they targeted (and killed) an AQ leader. The other side saying they killed construction workers. So one side (or maybe both) are telling a fib. I really have no 100% way of known for sure which side(s) are fibbing on this. So, I chose to take both with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
2 men taken?

Syrian villager says 2 men grabbed in US raid

A resident of the village that was the scene of a U.S. raid says he saw at least two men taken into custody by American forces and whisked away by helicopter.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is no new news, this goverment that is in place now in United States has been breaking international law over and over again, invading countries, killing people, inventing imaginary WMDs , crossing borders killing more people and so on.It's rutine.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

No, I am referring to your belief in what the U.S official told FOX. this is what you said and quote:

"So it seems it was a purposeful strike and not a "fog-of-war" type attack. "

There are far more reasons to believe the other side of this story, which is that the Americans yet again are the aggressors, and that innocent civilians were killed in Syria. Yet you supposedly claim to take both stories with a grain of salt. Then how can you call this a purposeful strike?
What purpose is that? A righteous purpose? can you give me proof?

The reasons not to believe the Americans are pretty obvious, their government are liars. A whole war in Iraq justified by false claims and accusations of WMD's which turned out not to exist.

I have nothing against the American people themselves, I love em to death. But you really can't blame me for hating their government can you?

Hell, even a lot of Americans hate their government too.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

how can you call this a purposeful strike?

Sure, here is your proof.

US official: Raid on Syria killed leader of cell

The cry of civilians being killed is the same old tactic by the enemy and unfortunately most of you here are gullable enough to believe the enemy. Sad, just sad.

Of course there was good reason for this attack. Don't you think the military by know realizes the blowback by some of the panty waist spineless little girls. They would not do this without good cause.

Get a grip people.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Please go back and re-read what I posted and what I said as a follow-up and allow me to explain my meaning again.

When I said "purposeful strike" - based upon what I've read I think they went into Syria on purpose. VS the "fog-of-war" which would be more along the lines of "Holy crap! We were in Sryia?!? I didn't mean to go there!!"

See what I'm saying? I they went into Syria on purpose. They intended to go into Syria - they did go into Syria. Thus, my wording "a purposeful strike".

Basically all I'm saying is - I think those US troops knew they were in Syria. I think they likely went there on purpose following orders. I made no claim as to if I thought they were good orders or bad orders. Just that as far as I can judge they went there on purpose. So I called it a "purposeful strike".

Once they got there did things happen according to the US version, the Syrian version or a mix of the two version? I don't have enough info yet to make my mind up on that. I didn't mean to upset you by not having picked a side to belive yet on what happened once they got there. US could have had bad intel and killed innocents and are now trying to cover itself. That certainly has happened before. Syria could also be trying to cover that groups some call terrorists operate from there on occasion - and that has happened before too. Which is true in this case? I haven't made up mind on that yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

how can you call this a purposeful strike?

Sure, here is your proof.

US official: Raid on Syria killed leader of cell

The cry of civilians being killed is the same old tactic by the enemy and unfortunately most of you here are gullable enough to believe the enemy. Sad, just sad.

Of course there was good reason for this attack. Don't you think the military by know realizes the blowback by some of the panty waist spineless little girls. They would not do this without good cause.

Get a grip people.

First of all, I would like to know what enemy you are referring to? Has the entire world become America's enemy?

The so called proof you offered in your link is no proof at all. Perhaps a few words from your officials is enough to satisfy you, but it's not enough to satisfy me or anyone else with a lick of sense.

The only person around here that is gullible is you. You would believe anything your corrupt government tells you, wouldn't you? Your government would have you believe that 90% of the world are your enemies. You probably believe that too, don't you?

No offense, but if you travel around the world a little, you'll know that no one really give a **** about the U.S, their paranoia and prejudice. America has become openly racist towards other cultures and religions like Muslims or African Americans. Your ignorance of the outside world is your own downfall.

And no, I don't think the American military know what their really doing. I think the U.S government that deploy them in to war tell them to kill a target so they kill a target. It's not their job to figure out whether they are killing innocents or not, their job is to kill enemies as they are ordered to by their superiors. I feel for their families, but joining the fight was their own choice.

Peace all,

[edit on 27/10/08 by Majorion]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I am happy that you acknowledged that. But my whole point was this...

Don't you agree that the American government are liars?

That's all I'm trying to achieve here.

Sorry for misunderstanding you my friend, I'm just on fire today

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

First of all, I would like to know what enemy you are referring to? Has the entire world become America's enemy?

Do you comprehend anything?

Who said anything about the entire world? We are talking about terrorists in the Middle East and NOT the entire world.
Stop trying to deflect and please focus on the topic at hand.

The so called proof you offered in your link is no proof at all. Perhaps a few words from your officials is enough to satisfy you, but it's not enough to satisfy me or anyone else with a lick of sense.

I'm sure nothing will satisfy you because logic and common sense seems to evade you. I provide you with proof and you just dismiss it without any thought. Your bias is apparent and it's clouding your common sense.

You would believe anything your corrupt government tells you, wouldn't you? Your government would have you believe that 90% of the world are your enemies. You probably believe that too, don't you?

Exaggerate much?

Please show me where you get this 90% figure.

Again, we are talking about some terrorists in the Middle East and NOT the entire world. Good grief!

No offense, but if you travel around the world a little, you'll know that no one really give a **** about the U.S

It's a good thing we don't care what others think.

America has become openly racist towards other cultures and religions like Muslims or African Americans. Your ignorance of the outside world is your own downfall.

Your ignorance of America is astounding!
Secondly, do you know the definition of 'racist'? Apparantly not because how can one be racist against a religion such as Muslims? Muslim is not a race.
How can America be racist against blacks when a black is leading in the polls to be President. Again, your ignorace of America is astounding!

It's not their job to figure out whether they are killing innocents or not

Yes it is and they do it all the time.
Get your head out of the sand and start thinking for yourself instead of being led down a road from which you cannot recover.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Terrorists in the middle east?

That shows how brainwashed you are by your own media and how astoundingly ignorant and gullible you are. Do you really believe that a small puny group of fanatics could actually affect the U.S in any way?

You are probably one of those people that thinks Iran could actually launch a missile all the way to America. Maybe if you looked at the map of the world a little more often than looking at the map of the U.S, you would know that they couldn't do that. And no threat was ever made to the U.S by Iran, they threatened Israel, I wonder why the U.S care so much about Israel

The points you pick out from my previous post and how you reply to them shows that you don't know how to reply to the whole or bulk of what I am saying.

Sure Obama is up in the polls, but he aint president yet and GOD knows at least half of the people voting for McCain are only voting for him out of prejudice towards Obama, and yes, I know the difference between race and religion.. there was no need to be a nit picker in showing me my small typing errors. And no, it is not a good thing to not care about what others think.. that proves that America is an arrogant nation.

Breaking News: Plot to assassinate Obama.

Need I say more?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join