It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF dragons are real, how are they able to breath fire???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't think they were able to breath fire but I do believe they existed at one time.

I live 25 miles from a town called Alton. On the bluffs is an ancient painting that was painted by the ancient Piasa Indians. Both Marquette and lewis & Clark noted the painting in their journals when they passed through the area.

When I was a small chile I was and I still am today, fascinated with winged dragons. I have quite a large collection of them. Any way, I always referred to it as a dragon while everyone else calls it the Piasa bird.

Ancient Indians drew pictures of things they saw.....and literally every country in the world has stories of dragons.

piasa bird

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If all spitting cobras were extinct and humans found their fossils in the future without any photos or video from the past only stories and drawings, there would be a smiliar debate about whether we were superstitious and using myths to explain a frightenign thing, or cobras could actually spit poison.

[edit on 7/15/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
some people, for some reason, that dragons are real...

ok...

how are they able to breath fire???

just a thought...

Could be a acidic type venom which burns on contact. May have given the impression to observers that it breathes out fire.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A dragon could breathe fire using a natural Hydrogen producing organ that would release a propelled stream of hydrogen gas through the mouth which would be ignited by platinum stored in the gullet. The dragon would obtain the platinum by eating platinum ore.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Animals are known to carry some pretty heavy duty poisons and chemicals on board - that don’t seem to hurt them in the least.
Maybe Dragons produce Magnesium Phosphide?
It ignites (can) in contact with air and produces flammable and toxic gas when it comes in contact with water.
Why not.
I believe in dragons.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Animals are known to carry some pretty heavy duty poisons and chemicals on board - that don’t seem to hurt them in the least.
Maybe Dragons produce Magnesium Phosphide?
It ignites (can) in contact with air and produces flammable and toxic gas when it comes in contact with water.
Why not.
I believe in dragons.

*P*E*A*C*E*

Entirely possible.

Dragon looks no different than some type of dinosaur IMO. Nothing special at all. Except this dino can spit out some poison or reactive chemical. Perfectly possible given the lizard kingdom.

If I told someone who wasn't aware that there is a whale with a unicorn horn nobody would believe it. But here it is en.wikipedia.org...

It's perfectly possible that unicorn once existed as well as pegasus (flying fish) etc...

Perhaps dragons sponateously combust when they die (because of the chemicals in the body) which is why we haven't found any remains yet.

All these creatures are perfectly possible....

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

This is stuff about what Dragons may have been like through the perspective of science. I found a lot of this very interesting. It does describe how Dragons may very well have had the ability to breathe fire.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Perhaps dragons spontaneously combust when they die (because of the chemicals in the body) which is why we haven't found any remains yet.

There ya go! *High Five*

There’s that platypus fellow, like you mentioned the whale with the unicorn horn, so many others people just wouldn’t believe if they didn’t see.

Well, in my opinion, THERE BE DRAGONS! And yeah, I might not be able to prove dragons did exists, but no one can prove they didn’t!

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If a dragon were to exist and be able to "breathe fire" or spew fire from there maw, it would probably have something to do with the beasts ingesting minerals and combining them in a flammable mixture in which they could ignite through some process out friction or something along those lines. It would most likely not have anything to do with methane or fecal matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe kinda like this -->

Lulz.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I dont think dragons existed,im thinking it was simply ancient civilizations that saw reptiles and exageratted like we all do,but breathing fire is possible,there was a bbc documentary about it,supposedly some type of stone they could ingest...im trying to remember but it was a hypothetical analysis of it from a scientific point of view and it was very much possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Like I said, the ingestion of minerals and creating flammable compounds.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Many lizards expell a salty snot from their noses. It can look like smoke and they do it often, especially in the Gallapagos Islands. I was once hit by this "fire" from an iguana and it seemed to burn. This is where the myth started.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Are you sure really? Can you source it please? Or is this just you personal opinion, not a fact that you have read about?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

The Bible only speaks of one KIND of Dinosaur/Dragon that can breathe fire and it is in JOB. It says the Leviathan in the water can spit fire and smoke out it's nostrils, so therefore I believe it, also there is so many legends out there about Dragons and killing them. And you know that most historians have found where there is smoke there is fire, no pun intended.

I would answer your query this way, they do it the way God made them to do it. And they have found one Kind o Dinosaur that has a huge weird nasal cavity and they don't know what it is for really. There is a beetle called the Bombardier beetle, this little bug mixes explosives and then fires it from a turret like apparatus under him. This little bug keeps these liquids separate, then mixes them to blow, adds an inhibitor so he don't blow up and sends this caustic solution to the turret. Then he sends quick little bursts of this caustic fluid at his enemy because one huge burst would send him flying... Very interesting system in a beetle, think how easy it would be to get that type of system into a huge Dinosaur...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by veryrandomannonomous
Are you sure really? Can you source it please? Or is this just you personal opinion, not a fact that you have read about?

If you are talking to me, yes, I got hit with this "fire" and I have read about it. Marine Iguanas are on film doing this. I expect dinosaurs did it too.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think what is not known by some of you is the Reptilian life cycle, they never STOP GROWING all their lives. This is true of crocodiles, alligators, iguanas, and all the reptilian KIND. Now imagine for one second that you were here before the flood and the before the canopy of water from overhead came down and allowed solar radiation in to harm the DNA of all of us. If you don't believe in the Bible that is fine, I am just saying IMAGINE. Now Adam lived 935 years, this was because of the canopy of water overhead stopping the cell destroying radiation. How long do you thing the reptiles in that environment lived? How big do you think they could get in 1000 years??? Loo at sea tortoises and 400 years of growth.

I am just saying that there are too many myths and stories and fables of Dragon Slayers and China is still neck deep in Dragon belief that it has to have something to it. We call them Dinosaurs now but that word wasn't used until the 1800's. And man had to be the only predator of these Dragons, I mean who wants to live where a Dragon does?

Reptile + time = DRAGON

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Because they didn't?

Dragons probably some sort of dinosaur descendent. Roc some sort of very large pterodactyl type descent.

Breathing Fire - probably a type of venom that felt like burning when spat on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join