It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF dragons are real, how are they able to breath fire???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Ancient Chinese Zodiac contains an image of the Dragon. Job was said to be the greatest of all the Orientals (Job 1:3). Job was a contemporary of Abraham or maybe even earlier and he is the one to mention the Leviathan, a giant fire-breathing water lizard. The account of Job is one of the oldest books of the Bible. It would fit well next to Genesis if it were to be put together chronologically. Job was not an Israelite through the line of Abraham but one of the ancient Chinese or Orientals. The story of Job was highly accepted by the sons of Israel because of its deep meaning of why humans suffer. So if Job was one of the ancient Orientals of the Chinese and the early Meso-Americans were the descendants of the ancient Orientals, this would make sense of Job's account of the Leviathan legend being an actual dragon-like beast, that shoots fire possibly ( because both cultures worshipped a dragon deity.). Also take note of the scripture referring to both Behemoth and Leviathan.

Job 40:19-"He ranks first among the works of God." or "He is the first of the works God."

-That these creatures were the ones of ancient times, possibly way before Job's time as mentioned in these biblical veses.

Behemoth is described as having a tale like a cedar and Leviathan is mentioned as able to breath fire. Two beasts unknown to man today and could possibly be linked to the Dinosaur remains unearthed.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yes dragons are real

for all of those questioning this fact i would recommend
this site (especially seminar number 3) he cites many examples of dragons in modern times. These videos certainly changed my beliefs. He is, however, a strong christian activist, but just try to ignore that and listen to the several valid points he makes.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Look at the scriptural account at Genesis 3:14, which clearly identifies the snake having its limbs removed and put on its belly. One spitting snake turns into a spitting dragon or vise versa.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humpy

I think phosphorous spontaneously combusts in air. Maybe they produce this in quantity - like venomous snakes??

Well obviously their riders feed them firestone which they chew. The stone mixes with chemicals in the beast's gullet, producing a gas which combusts when exposed to the atmosphere, burning the thread from the skies and protecting the people and the land.

Really though, I doubt dragons breathed fire - though they obviously existed at some point since both chinese and mayan, and even european cultures refer to them.

Well, bear in mind that the word "dinosaur" is a fairly modern invention. It's possible that the 'dragons' old old were merely the last feeble remnants of the dinosaurs. You never know. We think we've got the planet measured down to the last millimetre, but there's still so much left to see and learn.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well, bear in mind that the word "dinosaur" is a fairly modern invention. It's possible that the 'dragons' old old were merely the last feeble remnants of the dinosaurs. You never know. We think we've got the planet measured down to the last millimetre, but there's still so much left to see and learn.

...yea you make a valid point penginkun, just look at how much of the Earth's oceans are actually mapped, its something stupidly small like 10%? I cannot remember..... ....intresting thread tho

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by freedom_88]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
we know more about space than we do about the oceans so underwater breathing dragons could be there

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
According to the Bible Code website www.onealclan.com, the word "dragon" appears with "dinosaurs" and "comet" in the same hidden matrix. The Creator destroyed these before humans arrived on Earth.

Scientists agree that humans could never have evolved had the dinosaurs not been destroyed. In the Bible's plain text, God destroyed the great Tanin before He created human life. The Tanin is considered a dragon-like creature and researchers now assume that this is symbolic language for the dinosaur. The hidden text about the dinosaurs and their destruction by a comet or asteroid 65 million years ago is in the same place as the plain text of God's destruction of the great monster.

For more information, check out onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here's an idea you guys may have missed. You've got Methane that could build up quite easy in the guy of some beastie... There could be a sort of bio-electric charge in it's throat that could be used to ignite it as the gas is spewed forth. As we have seen there are many examples of animals that can emit an electrical charge. One that could make a spark isn't much of a stretch.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hmm... Interesting. Perhaps
dragons
is caused by spitting out something so fast it egnites with air becuse of friction. Just throwing ideas around.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I used to believe dragons never existed...!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Aw, man...nobody got the Dragonriders reference? Gonna have to work on you lot, I can see.

Isn't there something in the apocrypha about a dragon? I suppose I could go search for the info, but dammit, I'm lazy and tired to boot. Maybe tomorrow.

Wasn't it Daniel? Man, I wish I weren't so lazy.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
some people, for some reason, that dragons are real...

ok...

how are they able to breath fire???

just a thought...

Maybe there's a substance in them very similar to Greek fire?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRdino
for all of those questioning this fact i would recommend
this

Kent Hovind is hardly competent to discuss anything science related.

Hovind remarked:
"Some bacteria today seem to cause problems. And same thing with viruses, they cause problems. But it may only be to the weaker individuals. When somebody gets a cold, if a virus is really causing this, why doesn't everybody get the cold?"

[in response to the question 'how come that stars continue to burn if they have no oxygen?]
"I'm sorry but I don't know that I have a positive answer. [....] As far as the oxygen required, I'll have to pass on that one too and do some more study on that one. I don't know that I could prove one way or the other. I think there are different types of burning though - some do not require oxygen. Sorry about that, Andres. I'll have to do some research and check back with you on that one."

"We see a red shift from quite a few of the stars. That is interpreted to be the star is moving away. It may be true, I don't know. It could be the star is moving sideways. I don't think you can tell the angle of the stars movement - or even if the star is moving from the red shift. "

"The ancient horse is a Hyracotherium, which was originally called the hyrax, is still alive today in Turkey and in East Africa."

The last one is especially interesting. If Mr. Hovind thinks that the hyracotherium is actually the hyrax, then there really isn't any reason at all to listen to him when he says dinosaurs were alive in relatively modern times. (ie anything after 65 mya)

site (especially seminar number 3) he cites many examples of dragons in modern times.

Dragon's cannot be dinosaurs since dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Simply because some cultures have dragon myths does not mean that dragons actually exist. Dragons are big scaly monsters. Its not an idea or figure that some one need to have seen in order for it to be in a myth.

These videos certainly changed my beliefs. He is, however, a strong christian activist, but just try to ignore that and listen to the several valid points he makes.

Please name any valid points he makes. I have read some of his stuff. He, amazingly, almost never makes any valid points, and more often than not makes extreme and childish factual errors. When I say amazing, I mean it. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. This guy, heck, its incredible that a person can be that wrong that often.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I once seen a program on Animal Planet (U.S. T.V. channel) that explained this. The dragons had hydrogen sacs (similar to that of birds) and they had flat molars. They also had a flap in their throat like that of a crocodile's. It was said that they swallowed platinun and used the molars to ignite fire. A mixture of the hydrogen from the sacs and the ore creates fire, an expirement was able to prove this. As for the flap, it was used to prevent the dragon from burning itself. Two fossils of 500-year-old dragons were found in a glacier in which used to be mountain. I could go into much detail but I don't feel like doing that. But I will say that 2 human skeletons wearing 15th-century style armor were found near the dragons and an autopsy proved that they died from fire. The younger dragon had a broken piece of sword in what used to be its heart. The knights were most likely scorched by the mother dragon.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acekwak
I once seen a program on Animal Planet (U.S. T.V. channel) that explained this.

This program was a Mocumentary. It was called Dragon's World, a Fantasy Made Real. It is a fictitious documentary about the discovery of the dragons. EXCELLENT movie, but just a movie. Not a factual show.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Dragons don't breath fire. That is just folklore embellishment over the generations.

They had really bad breath. Possibly caused by not eating enough young maidens...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Old 80's cartoon movie eh Flinx? You got that stuck in my head because i remember seeing the same one. so guess what? I researched it. The name of the moive was flight of the dragons. It was based off the book of the same name. Here i present to you what website i could find with info on it.

Flight of the dragons

yeah its a tripod page but the movie is really old. I had a heck of a time finding the AD&D cartoon webpage.

-Aza

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
OK. this is how.

Gland on the left of mouth. inactive secretion. Gland on the right of mouth. inactive secretion.

Both glands project the two secretions out the mouth at speed (much like a spitting cobra). When mixed together these two secretions form an extremely volitile Napalm-like substance.

And no the dragons head wouldnt set on fire. the glands would only secrete the stuff out of the mouth when "roaring".

Heck with some advanced genetic engineering you could most likely GE a komodo dragon or something to do just this!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think that dragons can't breathe fire because they don't exist.
Please excuse me for stomping on the thread, but I feel I must
say something.
Dragons belong in the world of myth, they may of existed in a
verbal exaggeration from descriptions of salamanders or Komodo
lizards or they may of been a flying creature of La-La land, but they
don't exist now.
Why oh why, does every thread have a connection with fictional
movies. Yes, the guy in Batman Begins fought dragons in another
movie, but he is an actor that got paid for taking part in a story
with great special effects... that's all.
Move on ATSers.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hydrogen-
By their enzimes breaking down food and turning it into hydrogen gas that filled a special chest cavity, enabling them to not only fly but breath fire.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join