It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF dragons are real, how are they able to breath fire???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
^^^
You've the right idea! Plenty of Mexican food! I can attest to that
!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In lots of fantasy worlds there are dragons of different colors, which can spew out different things..

Green dragons - Acid.
White dragons - Frost.
Red dragons - Fire flame, or fireballs.
Blue dragons - Lightning bolts.
Black dragons - Poison.

And so on... So now, explain those!

I think it all comes down to one magic word: Magic!

ID

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ah, and easy answer question, they do not/did not exist. On a side note, Humpy, please let me know where you heard of Mayan cultures believing in dragons, if you have a lot of information on this please U2U me with it. I have read many books on Mayan history and have never heard mention of a dragon, therefor this is very intriguing to me. Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID
Ah, and easy answer question, they do not/did not exist. On a side note, Humpy, please let me know where you heard of Mayan cultures believing in dragons, if you have a lot of information on this please U2U me with it. I have read many books on Mayan history and have never heard mention of a dragon, therefor this is very intriguing to me. Thanks.

I think he's referring to Queznacotxl or how the heck you spell it... But then again, wasnt he an aztec god?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I like reading the bible and seeing what types of things I can make out of it, I am also slowly going through the Mahabarata... Someone mentioned Job and I thought I'd just write a little more on that by quoting from the bopy I have here. Also someone made a mention that the serpent resembled wisdom in some cultures yet in christianity it is associated with the Devil, I thought it was funny because the serpent made adam and eve eat the fruit of wisdom and became smart.. Also what is christianity's real enemy today? Science and we consider scientists wise do we not?

Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you:
He eats grass like an ox. See now, his power is in his *stomach* muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar

With his terrible teeth all around? His rows of scales are his pride

His sneezings flash forth light. And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lights; Sparks of fire shoot out. Smoke goes out of his nostrils, as from a boiling put and burning rushes. His breath kindles coals, and a flame goes out of his mouth

Though the sword reaches him, it cannot avail: Nor does spear, dart, or javelin. He regards iron as straw

He makes the deep boil like a pot; he makes the sea like a pot of ointmint. He leaves a shining wake behind him;

Someone also mentioned the Aztec(?) god that was a great serpent creature... Did that come over water??

*Edit* this is out of the New King James Version, I know different bibles translate things differently and so forth... It'd be interesting to get your hands on some of the original texts and kidnap a translator or something.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Ben7866]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
ummmmm...........dragons?
what are some evidence that supports their existence? i've never heard of dragon sitings, pics, videos, etc.
Only in story books

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
blah blah blah.

imagine for a minute that Dinasours lived with man. What a great feat to kill one. Plus the T.Rex with a head the size of a VW Bug and the brain the size of a melon. The rest of his head seemed to be pipping. Modern science has attributed this to it's ferocious roar. ROAR! a beast that size must have a big roar. What if it was, as I have seen in some other posts here used to mixe two chemicals to breath not fire but firery breath. A dragon?
Though dragons have wings.
never mind.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Dragons once did exist on this plane, however during the Christian crusades they were chased from this plane onto the Astral Plane.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydralisk58
Dragons once did exist on this plane, however during the Christian crusades they were chased from this plane onto the Astral Plane.

And the proof would be?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Methinks that the description "breathing fire" could be nothing more than a colourful, descriptive liberty often used by journalists and writers of the time.

Dragon could equate to large lizard/Komodo Dragon?
Breathing fire may be a colourful way of describing aggression or malicious nature?

Language and its use thereof, can be misleading.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe ancient people came across dinosaur fossils and thought they were dragon bones? As for the breathing fire part, I'd say it is just fanciful thinking. Sort of the way some ancient peoples were depicted as having almost super human powers for their feats.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
the dinosours were dragons. even the comodo dragon is big monitor and you can die by is bite that burns with infection.

but, woe, i say to all you naysayers.

Maybe, just,MAYBE!!! there was at one time fire breathing dragons roaming the earth. the evidence is sufficient for things just as bizarre.

and i do have evidence it is called common sense.

people breath fire. cows got lots of gas.
it is very conceivable that a large reptilian could possibly spew flames.

look and the weird things that occur on this planet. if you have seen the extreme diversity on this planet to sit ponder in awesome and truely bizarre balance and reality and then say " no lizard could ever breath.

here is a link to fire breathing bronco.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

peace

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
With breathing fire, it could also be the people telling the stories ment that the feeling on skin, marks on wood, ground, ... was asif fire was consuming it.
There doesn't really have to be actual fire to have this effect.

There are several creatures that spit venow, digestive fluids, or like the comodo dragon, bacteria infested muckus at their victims.

Digestive fluids is one of the most asidical things known to man, it can turn pritty much every organic matter into goo.

What do people discribe it like when they get an asid"burn"? Asif its fire on their skin, asif their burning.

Interpretation of texts is an important thing. Up to this day you have creatures that spit asid at their victims.

Legends, stories and myths are told and retold and usualy reinterpreted by any populous that hears the story for the first time.

Words without images are deceptional.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The Chemical burn is quite plausible. Just as the saliva in our mouths help break down food, could it be possible that red dragons perhaps either used a strong acid as mentioned above or even perhaps something like lye? It does make me pause to wonder how a blue dragon breathes lightning/electricity?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
The Chemical burn is quite plausible. Just as the saliva in our mouths help break down food, could it be possible that red dragons perhaps either used a strong acid as mentioned above or even perhaps something like lye? It does make me pause to wonder how a blue dragon breathes lightning/electricity?

I know of 3 kinds of water creatures that use electricity for either guidance or shock treatment for prey.

Dunno their english names though.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Eels and some types of jellyfish can run a high current through their skin. It could also be an abhorrent function of their nervous system using their teeth as an anode or cathode allowing a discharge to strike the ground or nearest negative charge. So even blue dragons could exist!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Eels and some types of jellyfish can run a high current through their skin. It could also be an abhorrent function of their nervous system using their teeth as an anode or cathode allowing a discharge to strike the ground or nearest negative charge. So even blue dragons could exist!

Theres also a kind of stingrays that deliver high current on catching their prey.

They have 2 forward pointing wing like things next to what seems their mouth and the current is blasted inbetween those.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Do you really believe dragons existed?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you look at the zodiac in "Chinese Astrology"
ALL of the ANIMALS
are REAL.
Except for one,
the DRAGON.
Or is it??
Makes you wonder.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
From my own opinion Dragons could be real but that people who saw a Dragon thought that such a ficresome creature such as the Dragon had some kind of long range weapon like fire. For those people might have seen spitting cobras and since both of these creatures looked similair in many aspects. If the dragon was then reported to the locals they might have said it was a fire breather after seeeing a sunrise/sunset around the place were the Dragon resides. That person would return to their culture saying they had seen a fire breathing Dragon.

I dont doubt that Dragons exist but this maybe where the idea of a fire breathing Dragon orignated from. This is just an opinion so I dont want to be correct that a fire breathing Dragon doesnt exist, but if Dragons could/can breath fire I very much doubt it could breath fire in large quantities without a nearby source to keep the fire continously replenished. If it isnt these ideas there must be some kind of magic behind it and if there is what kind.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join