It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Intervenes in Ohio Voter Dispute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Bush Intervenes in Ohio Voter Dispute

www.consortiumnews.com

In a déjà vu moment from Campaign 2006, President George W. Bush again is asking his Attorney General to launch an investigation into the registration of hundreds of thousands of new voters, many of whom are expected to vote Democratic.

Bush forwarded to Attorney General Michael Mukasey a Republican request that he intervene in the battleground state of Ohio to force 200,000 new voters to either verify the information on
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So, Bushy Boy is trying to rig another election is he? Only this time he's doing so that John McCain can worm his way into the White House.

It disgusts me the way in which these people who claim to stand for truth and honesty will use every underhanded trick they can think of to ensure that they will stay in power.

It really does make me think that while the political system in many countries stays as it is now that any 'vote' we may think that we have is really worthless as TPTB will manipulate various systems to ensure that they are the victors.

We need a paradigm shift in politics.

I don't know what or how, but something needs to happen.

This is just getting silly.

Peace,

MGGG

www.consortiumnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I disagree. After the ACORN problem, where people are just making up names,registering businesses, etc, we need intervention. Or are you just hoping that everyone would close their eyes and let Obama steal this one. Being that Bush stole 2 elections, I guess he can spot another thief a mile away.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Any time there is a large influx of new voters, they have to check it out for fraud. This goes back to the days when certain parties used to falsely register infants and dead people as newly registered voters to fraudulently inflate a vote.

Nothing really new about this, and it would be more suspect if they did not investigate it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I believe voter fraud is a genuine concern to most Americans.

They should also stop printing ballots in Spanish. All that does is encourage voter fraud. To vote you must be a Citizen. To become a Citizen you must know ENGLISH. Therefor no Spanish ballots are necessary, unless you are not a Citizen and are trying to vote anyway.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I disagree.

Bush has proven himself to be somewhat untrustworthy, and while your aguments make sense, I feel that there is an ulterior motive here.

Am I being overly cynical do you think?

I just think he's panicking and looking for a way to restrict votes for t'other party.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wish they would go back to the old "booth" machines where you had to flip a lever, which in turn punched a card that you inserted. No computer fraud with those, and no hanging chads. Sometimes the old way is the best way.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

Uhm...
Busch is not running the investigation, he is only calling for it.
I am sure that the investigation team will be composed of members of both sides.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree. Bush is not trustworthy.
After ACORN, this needs an investigation as it will most likely warn BOTH parties to stop the shenanigans.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
I disagree. After the ACORN problem, where people are just making up names,registering businesses, etc, we need intervention. Or are you just hoping that everyone would close their eyes and let Obama steal this one. Being that Bush stole 2 elections, I guess he can spot another thief a mile away.

Maybe I am missing something but I still do not get how ACORN is helping to steal anything. Ok, so signing Mickey Mouse up may be wrong, but he is not going to show up to vote is he?

I am NOT saying what they did is not wrong, just that I fail to see how cartoons and children will get to the polls without anyone noticing they are 7 yrs old or drawn on acetate.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by jackal17]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

they have to verify identity already so jimmy johns wont be voting. acorn must not dispose registrations and they reported the reg fraud, so get it straight. now; voter suppression based on a period or comma is dumb. verify by ssn# and name is match but NOT identical: problem solved. republicans were LYING to people to get them to register as republicans to BOOST their number of apparent "registrations" ("of registered voters" is what the polls tend to be based on). it is sick that more voter suppression tactics, machines breaking, machines not working, ballots being TRASHED for saying "Democrat": THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING. I guess once a fraud, always a fraud and Bush voted for Mccain he ACCOUNCED so I guess he intends to have his "GOOD WORK" continued huh? His father rigged it for him, now he does it for the one to continue the "Party of Hitler" work here.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am aware that Bush doesn't run the investigation.

But since when do you have to be in charge of an investigation in order to influence it?

I don't think you do have to be, do you?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackal17
Maybe I am missing something but I still do not get how ACORN is helping to steal anything.

ACORN is being targeted because the Republicans are desperate to eliminate Democratic voters from the elections. For the few hundred bad voter registrations that teenage canvassers filled out in hopes of making a few extra bucks, the Republicans would like to discount the over one million VALID Democratic voters that ACORN helped register. And the other, more sinister reason they want those voters barred is that they CAN'T use Diebold to flip the vote counts when there are WAY MORE registered democrats than Republicans. They got away with it last time against all odds, when the exit polls PROVED that more people voted democrat than republican. This time NOBODY will believe millions of newly registered democrats suddenly changed their minds and voted republican.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jackal17

People can register in multiple places and vote more then once. People can also use a form of ID that does not have a picture on it. It used to be that you could simply take a bill that was mailed to you as a form of identification and proof of residence. I am not sure how this works now, because I simply use my DL as my ID, but you can bet the people doing this kind of stuff already now all the loopholes.
There is another article on the recent posts stating that they have already caught some Ohio residents as having registered in places where they are not permanent residents and asking to have their out of area registrations pulled, once it became clear there was going to be an investigation and felony charges given to fraudulent voters. These people had obviously intended on voting at more then one local.

Obama Staffers Pull Their Bogus Ohio Ballots

[edit on 10/26/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
These people had obviously intended on voting at more then one local.

What they did was wrong, but I don't think they planned to vote from multiple locations. They were voting in Ohio because it's a battleground state that could go either way, so their votes would have more impact than in their home states.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Well that makes sense too, but its still a form of voting fraud as it tips the balance of the electoral votes in favor of the more populace states which have more pull.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Am I the only one who sees' the divisional tactics in this yet again? Last time this came en amss was in Florida of all places and look how that turned out! A bunch of people fought and treated each other like shyte only to find out the choice was out of their hands!( do to malfunction and or fraud....) think about it look to the not so distant past people.

Its all a circle right back to where we started to keep us all stagnant....

new topics

top topics

join