It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain guarantees victory

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he can “guarantee” a win on Nov. 4 in a squeaker victory that won’t be clear until late that night.

McCain spoke amid signs of a tightening race, and reports of renewed determination among his staff, which is badly outgunned in both money and manpower.

“I guarantee you that two weeks from now, you will see this has been a very close race, and I believe that I'm going to win it,” McCain told interim "Meet" moderator Tom Brokaw. “We're going to do well in this campaign, my friend. We're going to win it, and it's going to be tight, and we're going to be up late.”

Yahoo Article

I can appreciate his positive stance but it makes me wonder. Hopefully he believes in himself and campaign..

But that place in the back of mind wonders...

Has he been told the rigging is in place and he will get the victory.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I remember the night they called Florida for Al Gore and went to Bush at his ranch or whatever to get his reaction and he smiled smugly and said, with pure knowing confidence, that he wasn't worried, he KNEW he was going to win Florida...

And, by hook or by CROOK, he pulled it out.

I say McCain is working under the same assumption.

Or else he's just being as positive as he can be, under the circumstances. I mean, what's he supposed to say? "I think we're gonna lose"?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't care who wins at this point, but I have to say, unless there is some major rigging going on, I believe this will be a HUGELY lopsided victory for Obama.

I for one haven't seen Philadelphia so shamelessly back a candidate in, well, ever. There are signs everywhere!

The MSM soap opera needs to stop. Why make this SEEM so close? It sells commercial time for Fox and CNN.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Obama will win in a landslide victory. I am predicting this now, only 9 days from election.

Come on, the republican party WANTS Obama to win. It's how politics work in this country. Republicans get their chance, then the Dimocrats, then the Republicans, then the Dims again, over and over. Each party knows they take turns and always get their turn if they wait patiently.

After 8 years of Bush, the republican party KNOWS it has no chance at a republican winning this election. So who do they put up to run against Obama? An old white guy, with almost the same exact policies as Bush.

Come on. Are we to believe they are that stupid?

No my friends, they aren't. The repubilkwans want Obama to win. They know after 8 years of Obama, if they wait patiently, they will get their turn again. And the cycle will renew.

We will see.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would expect both candidates to say that. The McCain campaign is trying to keep its supporters motivated to go to the polls.

I think he may be right. Regardless of what the polls are saying, I believe that this will be a battle of turnout, more so than ever before, and that 20-30M more people will vote this year than in 2004. I'm expecting conservative turnout, particularly in rural areas, to be overwhelming.

That could ultimately prove the difference. I think that much of Obama's increased turnout will come in major cities and traditional Dem strongholds (NYC and LA, for example). Meanwhile, McCain's added turnout will be helping him more in the battleground states such as Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and Pennsylvania, which have larger rural populations.

Whether that'll be enough to push McCain to victory, I do not know. In any event, however, I think the extremely high turnout figures are going to be a major X-factor this year and that we may see a few state-level wins and losses for both sides that were completely unanticipated.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You know, I couldn't help but recall this story about how voters were being denied registration, and being dropped from the rolls. What this story suggests is that by blocking and dropping these voters, it vertually skews the playing field in McCains favor. I believe they implyed there wouldn't be enough Dems voting verses Reps, because the majority of new registrations were Dems.

Full Story

Tens of thousands illegally denied voting rights

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Tens of thousands of voters in at least six battleground states have been removed from election rolls or have been illegally blocked from registering to vote, according to an investigation by the New York Times published Thursday

Maybe this is just one of the reasons, amony many other tricks, that McCain is so confident.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

If people who are qualified to vote are denied the right then it will be another sad day for our country. That action would strike a deep blow at the foundation of our country's rights. Many would gloss over it but I say it demonstrates that complete level of corruption has occurred.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
IF (and that's a big "if") this is just normal candidate "confidence", then it's probably no big deal.

However, if it is, as has been mentioned above, more confidence borne of having the "situation under control", as the GOP has done for the last two Presidential elections, then yeah, it looks like we may be headed for a miracle victory one more time.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I agree with BH, he's not going to say..."Oh Well..we tried...i guess anyone supporting us should just forget about the whole thing!"

I also believe the race is much closer than it appears to be. I have McCain signs all around me...just like the other says he has Obama all around him. There is one state i'm going to be watching on election day...and it's not Ohio...it's Indiana. Why? That's where i'm originally from...and it's deeply republican in most areas. If Obama looks to have an early lead on election day there...then he's won it.

As for people thinking it's going to be a landslide...don't think that way. Always think that it's going to be close. If McCain had a similar lead I would never think he had it in the bag. Don't set yourself up for such a grave disappointment. That's what will cause riots... the outrage of one believing in a landslide and then getting the loss.

We need to think rationally on this...although i know it can be hard to keep emotions from interfering.....i am guilty of that myself.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

One other state to watch is Missouri. Missouri last failed to vote for the eventual winner in 1956, which is the only time in the last 100 years it has failed to do so.

If McCain is tied or leading in Missouri on Friday or over next weekend, its a very bad omen for the Obama campaign. And I do think that McCain will win Missouri. Its no guarantee of his success nationwide, mind you, but it has been a great predictor in the past.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I"ve said it before, and I'll say it again. These things are going to pull this out as a win for McCain. The Bradley Effect (I predict a 5% shift that is a 10% vote change). The Hillary vote, that is, those women and men who wanted her and will refuse to vote for Obama, period. And the undecided vote (still at 12%). The undecided vote has waited this long to see if Obama truely is "the one" or they would have swooned at his soft persuasive voice already, but they haven't. They will break for McCain mostly on the national security issue. Obama will also lose the Jewish vote in Florida. And the young people don't go out to vote, they just go to see Bruce Springsteen at the Obama concerts, so they will be somewhere else. So my prediction is McCain 52% Obama 48% McCain 290 electorial votes, Obama 248 electorial votes.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I saw a report that said 80% of undecideds do not like the idea of the country being led only by democrats.

McCain is saying this to hype people up and generate momentum in the last week.

Its funny this is brought up seeing that the democrats have all but thrown a victory party. Obama and his wife are probably already thinking up "redesigns" of the white house.

[edit on 10/26/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The fact that Obama has outspent McCain 5 to 1 and has thouseands of boots on the ground getting out the vote, and has all of the MSM rooting for him, and the stadium for worship being built for his coronation, But.. with all that, is barely ahead of McCain shows that McCain is going to take this election in the end. And that doesn't even mention all of the illegal aliens, cartoon characters, and dead people that will be voting for Obama.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

I do not doubt that report. CBS had a poll out a few days ago and of the 9% undecided, they voted almost 2-1 for Bush in 2004 (it was 52-31, if memory serves). Interestingly, ideological breakdown was split almost evenly between Republicans, Dems and Independents.

This would confirm something I've suspected for months if true. I think that the pool of undecideds will likely break heavily for McCain. Why? Everyone in this country who leans left jumped onto the Obama bandwagon long ago. The remaining pool of undecideds is quite likely to skew somewhat more conservative than usual, regardless of actual party identification (in the south, for example, you still find a lot of older, quite conservative Dems).

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Obama will be the next president of America. This line is sufficient enough me thinks.

I think the whole race is pathetic. I honestly feel that the American people are warped and sucked into this election race, that they are not focusing on reality.

These elections are not reality. It's the me Vs you tactics again.

Bush was assigned,
and so will Obama.

McCain in power = Obama
Obama in ower = McCain

This hypothsis is without VP representatives. If Sarah Palin is in the equation. Then nothing equals anything.

Love or loathe him, but I honestly just cannot understand, that she is allowed to be there. I know why she is there, again the powers of be create problem and the people react.

Sarah Palin was picked, for the reaction, that is all.

But McCain cannot be logical in saying, hes confident hes going to win, if you have that gun loving women behind him. I'm sorry she is an insult to humanity.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I’m not normally political at all. Most of the times I think you are casting your vote for the devil you may know or the devil you do know. (I don’t mean that reference literally more figurative devils.) It may be the same in this election too, I can’t say with 100% confidence I trust Obama. I can say with 100% confidence I don’t trust McCain. WORSE than McCain though, I see Sarah Pallin. To be frank here, I think McCain is circling the drain so to speak. His age and health I don’t think are tough enough to take a year in the Whitehouse, and I think seeing Pallin as president is worse than a horror movie. For multiple reasons. First, and please know as I say this I am a woman, she is a woman….Who are the mortal “enemies” of America right now? People who think it is OK for a woman on the streets without a man to be stoned to death….a belief system that supports women being property, and almost less than human. So is it such a great idea to have a woman as our head of state? Mebbe it is just me, but I don’t think that is a great idea. Don’t get me started about how randomly inane I think she sounds. I’m not making a judgment on her actual intellect, but I’m not impressed. Talk about getting tested if she gets into office….there you go people test that. Amed Q. Public would love to test her infidel beauty queen butt.
There may come a time when a woman in the highest American office will do well, but I don’t think this is that time.
As far as McCain rigging the election. Good Lord I hope not. I’m a registered Republican, and I honestly think another 4 to 8 years of “my” party’s rule would be tantamount to suicide. We need a change for the better….I honestly hope Barak is that, but I’m not holding my breath either.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Just a ploy,

How can you 'gaurantee' a public vote?

he's trying to portray confidence, he doesnt deserve any, but if enough people feel he does, than they'll suck it up!

god save the republicans if they win,

because the people will march on DC , and rightfully so.

Mccain has no chance of winning this, fairly!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There are two things to note here, I think.

Firstly, it's normal for a candidate to want to energize his supporters by saying things like "I guarantee victory". Sports players do it as well, and as you may have seen, it does attract a lot of attention from fans.

Second, the odd specificity of his statement is not as odd as one might think. McCain is behind in all polls. For him to come out and say I guarantee we've got this would be seen as premature and a bit strange. Stating that he will eke out a victory after a hardfought battle is a realistic way to "rally the troops".

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Ah...Sarah Palin.....she was hated as soon as her name was announced and it's been ALL OUT bashing since then. It has been relentless. I know that so many on these boards enjoy ripping her to shreds...they do that...but then ignore Obama's voting record on Gun Rights. This thread has been up for days....yet the usual Obama defenders are no where near this one and i've mentioned it numerous times. They say no one wants to talk about the issues...but then they ignore them themselves and rather chat up all the bashing threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What it boils down too? People who hate the killing of animals and are pro-abortion hated her from the get go. That's all it is. Anything that she does or says is picked apart and then picked apart some more. People actually enjoy belittling the woman. I truly believe that.

I don't care what her IQ is. I don't care what exactly she knows and doesn't know. I don't believe in everything she believes in either. The same people that complain about Obama getting hammered on crap....they end up doing the same to Palin.

What i think? She's different. She's not the average BS politician from Washington. I honestly think the woman has good intentions. Her entering the fray is what actually got me interested in the whole election. I kept hearing the media bash her on the tv and radio the same day she was announced as VP nominee. It has never stopped since then.

I looked at it as if it were me. What if i was suddenly thrust into the spotlight...with nothing but good intentions...and suddenly had my entire life...values...everything i believed in...to be ridiculed and despised by just about everyone. That in itself would be tough to take.

And even still...with all of the insults to her, her family, and her intelligence...she is still getting large amounts of people to her rallies. She shows resilience. That's saying something. I know some will say..."Oh, they are just misinformed idiots worried about their guns." Could it be that maybe some people out there actually like her stance on some of the issues? That would be crazy right? It may not be to the extreme that she does..but they feel that it's a better choice than Obama who is on the other side of the issues to them.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Well...if there's a riot...i hope they count how many rioters there are for each state so the can best reflect the number of Obama's voters. It would be a good way to see how fair the vote numbers were...that is if you think so many people will riot.

If he loses...there will be a few riots...but nothing huge...it will be small..and in cities.

The people of this country have had reason to rise up and cause such riots for a long long time...but it never happens. Why do you think this would be any different?

This is complete assumption on my part....but....aren't most rural voters republican voters...and urban people tend to be more on the democrat side of things? If so...and obama loses...and riots ensue..do you think it will be out in rural areas??? I highly highly doubt it. It will be in urban areas, therefore putting damage upon themselves and their businesses. People act like morons when they riot...destroying things that someone worked their ass off to pay for.

You still forget that a large portion of the country will not be voting for Obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join