It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My abduction experiences 1

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
OP one thing I would like to add if I may, I believe you therefore, there I have no prejudices However, one thing I dislike is when people start a thread and label them in parts, as I assume always that the OP is either attention seeking or eeking out the thread.

That said can you remember any details of the craft or the ebe's themselves? The Grays are only the workers they are not the Benevolent beings everyone thinks. Did you meet or can you remember anything to do with the taller ebe's ifso can you tell us.

I want to end with have you ever been regressed? i.e conscious turned off and subconcious on?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kai Winters

Maybe we didn't build the bases on the moon.Could it be that the aliens themselves built them? Or somekind of slaves, over many years?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

Jon,

The process of sleep is fascinating, from a scientific and especially from an experiential/experimental point of view. It takes up around a third of our lives that we generally don’t have a lot understanding of or give little thought to. It’s possible to stay aware during the whole process of drifting into sleep and beyond, even to be able to listen to your body as it starts snoring. As strange as it sounds, this can be done. Things like sleep paralysis, buzzing, vibrating, spinning and swaying sensations, images, noises, feeling like you can “see through your eyelids” etc. are all a normal natural part of this process and are harmless. Most people who have tried astral projection/ lucid dreaming techniques will probably know this. They have nothing to do with aliens.

A problem is that the mind and imagination can create dreams which seem very real and lucid, but are still dreams. Not saying everyone is imagining it all, just not so sure if aliens are behind it. Though I don’t even know whether aliens exist. I hope this helps

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Jon,

The process of sleep is fascinating, from a scientific and especially from an experiential/experimental point of view. It takes up around a third of our lives that we generally don’t have a lot understanding of or give little thought to. It’s possible to stay aware during the whole process of drifting into sleep and beyond, even to be able to listen to your body as it starts snoring. As strange as it sounds, this can be done. Things like sleep paralysis, buzzing, vibrating, spinning and swaying sensations, images, noises, feeling like you can “see through your eyelids” etc. are all a normal natural part of this process and are harmless. Most people who have tried astral projection/ lucid dreaming techniques will probably know this. They have nothing to do with aliens.

A problem is that the mind and imagination can create dreams which seem very real and lucid, but are still dreams. Not saying everyone is imagining it all, just not so sure if aliens are behind it. Though I don’t even know whether aliens exist. I hope this helps

Here's a good video to watch on dreams that explains it quite well.

Worth checking out IMO.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

The government is keeping information from us.....This my friends is the holy grail of excuses for the believers. Why not......it answers all the questions that cannot be answered by these believers. It covers all the holes in thier stories. As for ancients being visited...there is no proof of that...there is just how thier pics and stories or interpreted....and if you look the ones that that do interpret these as ancients being visited are biasd to the belief in ufo's already. Other people who and scholars who have looked at this, the professionals in this field, don't see it as such.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My wife just had a weird experience , believe it or not , and she wasn't asleep (I was though).

She said she went to bed , turned off the lights and after a while she started to hear a very strong buzzing in her head. She said it was something like a "very strong rock music , she had never ever once heard in her life".

She opened her eyes and could see nothing , then closed her eyes.

She then felt something pressing her head and a "burning sensation" , as if something was trying to pull something out of her body , then she opened her eyes. What she saw on top of her were 2 shining spots , she said she couldn't see anything else because it was dark , but they were close enough to each other to look like 2 eyes.

She turned on the lights and it was gone , she then came off of laying position to sitting , and when she returned to laying she couldn't move anymore.

The pressing sensation was back , the burning wasn't though.

That's when I woke up , and I asked questions. After hearing part I immediatelly told her to try to stand up. She did but it seemed it was pretty difficult , she was complaining it hurted when she tried , but once she did get up the pressing was gone.

I don't see this as a sleep paralisys case , she wasn't even asleep to begin with. That is some weird #. She told me she had had a few episodes of sleep paralysis before waking up throughout her life though.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Hi Malevolent_Aliens

Thanks for your reply. It was interesting and thought-provoking.

Let me just clarify my position. I have no evidence that alien abductions take place, but remain open to the possibility in theory. What evidence would it take to convince me? Fairly simple. I would like testable, verifiable evidence. For example, what would it take to convince you that minotaurs were real? If someone told you they'd seen a minotaur, you might respect their conviction, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be enough for you to beliebe there were half-man, half-bull creatures wandering around. Photos, videos, independent testimony ... all would be a start. Imagine something extraordinary that you've not experienced ... whatever would convince you of that, that's probably close to what I'm after for alien abductions.

I have had personal 'experiences', on occasion. I have been paralysed in my bed and sensed absolutely terrifying presences in the room with me. I have felt something touching me. I have felt myself whirling around the room. I have heard the buzzing, whooshing sensation. I have had incredible dreams and nightmares, sometimes lucid, sometimes not, both as part and separate from the above. I have not been abducted by aliens. I have watched someone have a conversation, while asleep, with someone who wasn't there. She was convinced, afterwards, that it had happened. In reality, as I listened, she was talking nonsense. It was dream logic.

(I can get most of those symptoms, incidentally, through relaxation. A lot of the time, I choose to. Once you understand what's happening, it's not frightening; it's exhilirating.)

The point is this. Forget about alien abduction. Assume it's true. Well, sleep paralysis is also true. If you believe it happens, then surely a good proportion of posters here may well suffer from that, and that alone? Why not explore that option first?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
These alien abduction people do not even want to give that theory a thought. They want to believe they are special and have been chosen. It is alot better option than knowing you are suffering from an everyday ordinary thing or even a mental illness. the fact of the matter is they have nothing to back up thier claims but stories, the same stories that others will tell but who know they have not been abducted and have had a case of sleep paralysis or know they are mentally unstable and are having delusions. It doesn't seem toi matter to them that science can give them evidence and explain away these occurances, its just more enjoyable to believe there is something more to thier dreary lives. Of course now we will have one of them or all of them come forward and claim to live active happy lives, which contradicts what they say to us, which is this phenomenon is messing up thier lives. I have seen them do it before...claim this is messing up thier lives...bring up the point I have and watch them all suddenly claim thier lives are full of so much happiness.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I suggest you read Whitley Strieber's "communion".

Although it won't really give you a way to stop the abductions...maybe it will make you feel better. It kind of made me feel better.

But I understand the feeling of moving very slow and struggling for you control. I've experienced this before and its the most horrible feeling. Tell them to leave you alone...sometimes it works...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by damagedoor

Hi Damagedoor,

For example, what would it take to convince you that minotaurs were real?

Nothing less than seeing it with my own eyes, touching it and verifying that it was not a practical joke, illusion or magic trick.

The point is this. Forget about alien abduction. Assume it's true. Well, sleep paralysis is also true. If you believe it happens, then surely a good proportion of posters here may well suffer from that, and that alone?

I completely agree, most people out there ARE ONLY experiencing sleep paralysis, I don't doubt it---But NOT ALL.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Hi Riggs,

As for ancients being visited...there is no proof of that...

Of course not, there's not proof of anything.

I think Sgt. Clifford Stone put it best when he said.

"They don't care what you know, they only care what you can prove"

Good luck to anyone in trying to get that proof, nobody ever will unless it was allowed to be released. I don't see the ET's allowing that to happen!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Originally posted by riggs2099

These alien abduction people do not even want to give that theory a thought.

Let's separate some of those people from the (legitimate case) real abductees because the one's who DON'T KNOW what happened to them but feel like they MAY have been abducted from a sleep paralysis-dream induced state of mind were probably NOT abducted at all...Most of this group of people probably only did experience nothing more than SLEEP PARALYSIS---Some of this group may also be suffering from some of things you mentioned. Delusion, a great imagination, fantasy even mental illness.

Someone who has had physical contact awake knows for sure that it took place and never even questions it.

Take Travis Walton, Betty Barney Hill, Jim Sparks and many other cases for instance. (Just a tiny example so we don't mix up sleep paralysis with real physical contact experiences where the people were never asleep to begin with in the first place.) Take people who have worked side by side with ET's for above top secret porjects as another example. Like Sgt Clifford Stone among others. Let's seperate those who are seeing ET's while asleep and those who are seeing ET's while awake into two seperate categories.

They want to believe they are special and have been chosen.

Nice reasoning and yes some of them do, many probably in fact. (These are your story tellers.)

It is alot better option than knowing they are suffering from an everyday ordinary thing or even a mental illness.

Those who make up the stories and play as if they really were abducted or are special know very well that it is nothing more than a lie. But of course they have to live out their fantasy and yes some of them may be suffering from mental illness or looking to sell a book, become famous or whatever...But NOT ALL..

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Travis walton and betty and barney hill are the only ones I would ever consider. Not saying they are true but just saying that they are the only ones that cannot be pushed to the side as sleep paralysis. Sgt clifford stone is full of it....if he was really involved with all these secret stuff...I doubt the government would even let him go about telling these secrets. He is either full of it or he is part of the government disinfo. I think that Travis Walton and Betty and Barney hill were part of some government experiment and were given false memories of alien abductions. Of course it is just a theory. See what there is...aliens are no the only answer to these cases..as long as you cannot rule out the government as being the probelm than you cannoit say that alien abductions are real. You can only say they are just one theory out there...these people could be delusional or they could be suffering from mental illness, sleep paralysis but maybe just maybe they are part of government experiements....which is more plausibla than the aliens...since it hs been found out that the goverment did experiements on its people. The ufo/alien makes great cover story and gives them free reign to do as they please.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas
My wife just had a weird experience , believe it or not , and she wasn't asleep (I was though).

She said she went to bed , turned off the lights and after a while she started to hear a very strong buzzing in her head. She said it was something like a "very strong rock music , she had never ever once heard in her life".

She opened her eyes and could see nothing , then closed her eyes.

She then felt something pressing her head and a "burning sensation" , as if something was trying to pull something out of her body , then she opened her eyes. What she saw on top of her were 2 shining spots , she said she couldn't see anything else because it was dark , but they were close enough to each other to look like 2 eyes.

She turned on the lights and it was gone , she then came off of laying position to sitting , and when she returned to laying she couldn't move anymore.

The pressing sensation was back , the burning wasn't though.

That's when I woke up , and I asked questions. After hearing part I immediatelly told her to try to stand up. She did but it seemed it was pretty difficult , she was complaining it hurted when she tried , but once she did get up the pressing was gone.

I don't see this as a sleep paralisys case , she wasn't even asleep to begin with. That is some weird #. She told me she had had a few episodes of sleep paralysis before waking up throughout her life though.

This sounds like a classic example of an OBE (out of body experience) the 2 shining spots being the light from the eyes, probably during the experience she clenched her eyes shut very tightly. I would say to your wife that next time she should go with the flow. If she does bilocate i.e detach from her body try to control the movement and don't force herself to go back as this can cause an unpleasant ripping experience. Go with the flow and enjoy it. Not everyone gets this experience so she should consider herself very lucky.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Thanks everyone who mentioned looking into "Microwave Auditory Effect and Application" and Project Blue Beam. I'll check into those things.

Um... as far as the sleep paralysis thing. Ok. I was skeptical of myself many years ago, when I was younger, and looked into all the possible causes of alien abduction. I even saw a demonstration on TV where they took a person and put some electrodes on his head to simulate the brainwave patterns of sleep paralysis. He began having the feeling that someone was in the room and that fear, etc. I felt like, "well... that's it! That must be it. Explains Succubus, Aliens, etc". I had no desire to hold on to ridiculous beliefs.... really! I wasn't married to the idea that I was actually physically abducted although it seemed very real and indistinguishable from reality.

So, with that said, why am I so insistent that I actually was abducted by aliens?

By the way, you just threw out another insult at us: “because it makes them feel special”. That’s very condescending and you’re not a very nice person although I agree with you that some of the people I have seen on TV who claim to be abducted surely fit that bill. The thing to keep in mind is that the people who would go on TV and profess they were abducted are more likely than not attention seekers. But there is people like me who haven’t went online or on TV or anywhere else to talk about this stuff. I’m only talking about it online now that it has ended. I’m 40 years old. I have kept it to myself my whole life. It didn’t make me feel special; it was just confusing and somewhat interesting that it would happen at all.

So back to the medical stuff that I supposedly won’t listen to… Well, like I said I did listen way back when (like 20 years ago I heard of it). But then the next encounter came and I played my own skeptic. The first thing I did was jump out of bed afterwards and examine my body for any marks that weren’t there before I went to bed. The first thing I found was what appeared to be two needle injection marks, one over each of my testes. I thought it was odd that if they wanted semen why not just take it the old fashion way? I had my fertility tested years later when I got married and everything is fine. So, I don’t know what the deal with that was but it was physical evidence that something happened.

I have always been a little skeptical of the “scoop” marks. I mean, those are just the kind of marks a fingernail would make, but these were puncture marks.

Secondly, my dog was apparently also experiencing “sleep paralysis” because I couldn’t wake him up no matter how hard I tried. He was a Labrador retriever and would jump up any time I got out of bed and follow me around as most do. Well I noticed he didn’t jump up. Then I tried to wake him up and couldn’t. I went to the pantry and got a biscuit and tried to lure him up just in case he was just happily sleeping deeply and wouldn’t wake. Labs wake up for treats, no matter what. So I can add that to some circumstantial evidence as to the reality of it.
Thirdly, I saw something on the roof of my house when I was floating up to the ship. I looked back intentionally to see if I was lying in bed and if this could possibly be an OBE type thing. But I really couldn’t see back in the window as I was too high up. But I did see an object on the roof that I didn’t know about. The next day I went up on the roof and it was there. So, I might be willing to believe the sleep paralysis thing if I hadn’t started objectively analyzing the experiences and looking for concrete verification that it wasn’t in my head. (not going to be evidence to you of course, but it’s good enough for me)

[edit on 29-10-2008 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by damagedoor

I respect your post on the sleep paralysis and dreams. My wife sometimes talks in her sleep too. Like I said, I have tried to debunk my own experiences but unfortunately came up with things I couldn’t explain through the dream theory. I’m sort of stuck there.
I mean, reality is only what you perceive in the absence of physical evidence. I think we can all agree on that, and it is the major reason I kept searching for evidence that would support or invalidate what I believed happened.

So here is a question for you. You had the classic sleep paralysis which has all the earmarks of an abduction experience, but did you ever see a spaceship? Did you ever see aliens? Is that a natural part of the sleep paralysis effect? You will probably say, “no, but people fit the experiences to match their expectations and cultural norms”. i.e. In history people believed in leprechauns or succubus instead of aliens, etc.

Here’s my issue. When I was having these experiences back in the early 70s, I didn’t have the exposure that people have today to information about aliens. I watched TV on a 12” B&W with rabbit ears. There were three channels and cartoons on Saturday morning. I didn’t read comic books. There wasn’t much in the library on abductions, when I went looking AFTER it has been happening for years. The closest thing I ever saw to aliens was Marvin the Martian on Bugs Bunny and he didn’t abduct the bunny while he slept. So where did I get the classic alien abduction narrative from?

If it is, in fact, a consistent effect of sleep paralysis then, from just that standpoint alone, it's worthy of hard core scientific investigation just to answer the question, “Why does everyone ‘dream’ the same dream due to a some neurological defect?

When I read John Mack’s book on the topic, he mentions that this was the reason he began studying the phenomenon. It’s a good thing he had tenure at Harvard because, by the time he was done, he was a believer in the real experience. So, while I believe that the sleep paralysis thing is a good explanation, it really isn’t a very satisfying one when you consider the bigger picture.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hi Jon - thanks for the reply.

One obvious thing to bear in mind - and which can cause trouble in discussions - is that believers and skeptics approach things from different angles. As a skeptic, I'm looking for evidence of alien abduction being possible. Whereas I appreciate that, for many here, it's already an option to consider. So I empathise with you: it must be annoying, in your position, to have someone be skeptical. Hopefully you can empathise with me too.

My sleep paralysis. I've never seen a spaceship, no. I've seen aliens and monsters, but that's almost misleading, as it's more physical than visual. The word alien is more accurate as a description of the sensation. Sleep paralysis has some common themes. Because you're held still, usually on your back, in a dark bedroom, you feel very vulnerable, and the common manifestation is a dark presence to the left beyond your feet. Of course, you're on the cusp between sleep and waking, so your imagination can conjur up various things, and these sometimes carry on into related, vivid dreams as you go under.

Cultural influence ... well, my ex-girlfriend would regularly see a pale man in a cowboy hat, standing in the corner of the room. She could never identify the source. Most likely, it was built up from various sources and expanded on by her imagination. I wouldn't like to speculate on your experience. I can do it, but I can never know, so it would seem patronising - and that's the difficulty, isn't it? I am (genuinely) interested, though.

My real point is simply that the OP displays classic sleep paralysis symptoms. The issue of the flatmate is easily explicable. It's no comment on alien abduction whatsoever - for all I know, it could happen, maybe even to the OP. Alien implants might be real too. Nevertheless, if someone posted here saying 'I've got this weird lump', I would be disturbed if people said "yes, you've definitely got an implant". The first thing to do is get yourself to a doctor and rule out a tumour, isn't it? That's all I'm saying.

All the best.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Malzypants

Please go to my thread and read about my theory of UFO's....I believe that the government is behind many of these abductions.And read what you can on the governments manipulation of ALF waves as well as its technology of holograms.
Project BLUEBEAM. I would be very interested in your opinion on the subjects.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join