The 4th Dimension explained in simple terms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If your like me and find it hard to grasp dimensions then these videos will help you. I believe there are an infinate dimensions and only the lucky few are able to transcend them through either meditation or other

Please look at the videos if your interested in Dimensions and see for yourself

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
No, the 4th dimension is time.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse

Earlier on this year, I got into a discussion with someone over this. They'd come to 'the 4th dimension' through the works of David Icke and were very evangelical over this and were trying to run me through some quite exotic science. However, when I actually mentioned the '4th dimension as time' they weren't aware of it and had never even heard of it, which spoke volumes of about their understanding of science.

Not that the alternative reading of the 4th dimension isn't good/proper science of course, it's that I just wish that people would actually use the term '4th dimensional space'.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

No, the 4th dimension is dreams.

My Kung Fu is stronger.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What are we saying here? Carl Sagan is wrong ? I don't think so people, There was much more to Carl than people realise, and if the 4th Dimension is Time then what about the entities/beings recorded by over 90% of case studies that 'appear' after a dose of '___' and begin to show us Humans the true part of life?

The 5th,6th,7th and so on yes time maybe, maybe sliding doors creating other paths but not the 4th no not IMO

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I know the 5th Dimension has the "Dawning of Aquarius".....

*snicker* Sorry. Couldnt resist.

I am of the school there is a SET amount of dimensions (our 4 or so) and then there's ANOTHER set, partitioned off like hard drives in a computer. if there untold numbers of dimensions in one 'reality partition'- I think there'd be so much junk bleeding back and forth from them that reality wouldn't function, and we'd all be insane from seeing the weirdness constantly.

I am not an expert on how many there are- but I'd guess about 8 dimensions, planes of existence, whatever you wanna tag on it. Then if you can puncture reality and go to another reality, you'll find another 8 or so. Maybe more.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
What are we saying here? Carl Sagan is wrong ? I don't think so people, There was much more to Carl than people realise, and if the 4th Dimension is Time then what about the entities/beings recorded by over 90% of case studies that 'appear' after a dose of '___' and begin to show us Humans the true part of life?

The 5th,6th,7th and so on yes time maybe, maybe sliding doors creating other paths but not the 4th no not IMO

Carl Sagan demonstrates the properties of the 4th SPACIAL dimension using a hypercube.

This topological rendition is different from what physicists call "spacetime," where the time is not another spacial dimension forming spacetime. The phycisists just decided to define time that contributes to the relativistic view of the iniverse as the 4th dimension. This could be confused with the 4th spacial dimension.

The difference between the 4th and the 5th spacial dimensions can be seen only through math formulas, as opposed to the difference between the 3rd and the 4th spacial dimension where you can imagine the difference as Carl Sagan demonstrated using the cube and the hypercube.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

then what about the entities/beings recorded by over 90% of case studies that 'appear' after a dose of '___'

I am actually agreeing with you

When I said dreams, I was also including "hallucinations". My use of parenthesis is an allusion to my belief that they are not illusions

The 'other' dimension. I am hesitant to give it a number. I call it Imagination (imho the creative force itself). Some call it the Spirit Realm. It's the other side of reality, that is just as real. It's where we go when we dream, when we experience certain mind-altering chemicals, when we have OOBEs and NDEs. I think we are all connected to each other in this dimension.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

The difference between the 4th and the 5th spacial dimensions can be seen only through math formulas, as opposed to the difference between the 3rd and the 4th spacial dimension where you can imagine the difference as Carl Sagan demonstrated using the cube and the hypercube.

Sure I understand exactly what your saying although I couldn't possibly write it as clear as you mind you. How would you describe the shift of conciousness and space time after the subject has taken '___' and also how do you imagine (with or without maths) the other dimensions to be. i.e if we were to transcend through dimensions we would see our lives as one continuous stream from birth to death, alot like the plasma stream coming from Donnie in the film Donnie Darko.

Time (as in our time, not time/changes) is a man made concept is it not? Therefore, the spacial dimensions that are worked out by physics and seen through maths formulas are the way that we (human beings) percieve and understand them to be. Not necessarily how they actually are. Am I right?

[edit on 27-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

"Time (as in our time, not time/changes) is a man made concept is it not? Therefore, the spacial dimensions that are worked out by physics and seen through maths formulas are the way that we (human beings) percieve and understand them to be. Not necessarily how they actually are. Am I right?"

You are indeed correct IMO, it's all a matter of perception.

I have never liked the idea of time being a 4th 'dimension', it just doesn't fit, IMO, 'Time', (not our concept, but the progression of everything, from 'here' to 'there') is due to the movement of 'space', I see it as rotation, causing expansion, we measure this expansion as time.

Other 'dimensions' are always there IMO, here, around us, existing in the very space we exist, only out of our range of perception, they all work together, to shape our reality.

I've always loved the tesseract, it's a good visualisation of my belief of dimensions and how they interact.

All IMO of course.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Maths has infinite dimensions if required, Fourier Series being an example. Many statistical problems are seen as N dimensional, where in reality N is just the number of variables you have on someone or something trying to predict a result of some sort.
Physics is 4 dimensional, 8 dimensional, 10 or 26 depending on who you believe, 10 and 26 are more fashionable now I think.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
When one compares dimensionality with with reality, one should be able to define "reality". Not in the terms of the human concept...but in terms of the universal concept.

It is my belief that very few human beings understand the universal concept of reality, therefore, any explanation of dimensionality, would be subjective to the dimension experienced. At this point in our existence, most inhabit only the Third Dimension, ergo...get my drift????

It's all conjecture.

~Holly

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
hypercubes are completely different than the three spatial dimensions and the one of space time. Physics and geometry define dimension 4 differently its as simple as that

[edit on 27-10-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Time (as in our time, not time/changes) is a man made concept is it not? Therefore, the spacial dimensions that are worked out by physics and seen through maths formulas are the way that we (human beings) percieve and understand them to be. Not necessarily how they actually are. Am I right?

That all depends on the aspects, I think. Spatial dimensions are for a good part the domain of topology. Physics may have other description of what the additional dimensions may represent. When astrophysicists say that the universe maybe even 10th dimensional, then the meaning is hidden in something very abstract but having tangible properties -- something designed to understand the possible realities. The spacetime is an example.

Some scientists tried to prove the theory of relativity being really solid to non-mathematicians without using math, but that's very hard.

But having something written on a piece of paper is not usually enough, even though everything nicely equals. There has to be other form of evidence of the physical kind to support the math. Science likes it that way. That may not be always possible though. And so, some theories are tighter than the others. Peter Higgs had a cool thing written on the piece of paper, but it couldn't be accepted the way it was, as a final statement about nearly a fundamental question. Hence the Large Hadron Collider -- and the end of the world. Well, science got to be done right no matter what.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

what about the entities/beings recorded by over 90% of case studies that 'appear' after a dose of '___' and begin to show us Humans the true part of life?

thats called hallucintations this is the sci/tech forum lets try to keep this metaphysic crap to a minimum. There has never been any indication that '___' or any other hallucinagen has opened up anything other than an occult beliefe in the degredation of the mind as a path to enlightenment forgive me if you will but ill try to stick with impericle measurable data for my science

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
^ Do you know what '___' even is?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

what about the entities/beings recorded by over 90% of case studies that 'appear' after a dose of '___' and begin to show us Humans the true part of life?

thats called hallucintations this is the sci/tech forum lets try to keep this metaphysic crap to a minimum. There has never been any indication that '___' or any other hallucinagen has opened up anything other than an occult beliefe in the degredation of the mind as a path to enlightenment forgive me if you will but ill try to stick with impericle measurable data for my science

Well said. Quite frankly I'm sick of people thinking they're enlightened because of nonsense experiences of drugs. How further detached from reality do they want to be?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lawlb0t
^ Do you know what '___' even is?
what do you think it is?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No, the 4th Dimension is Space-Time.

Time has only 1D, so its added with the 3D's of space to create a 4D Space-Time.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join