It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBEs & power lines / electrical pylons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I have a question for those on here who are able to travel out of body - I know there are a few folks here who can do this having read the threads.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has encountered difficulties caused by electrical power lines or pylons. Particularly, do electrical power lines and / or pylons seem to present an obstacle or trap if you encounter them when travelling out of body?

I'll post more on my reasons for asking shortly, I have a few jobs to see to right now.
Back later

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I guess it doesn't look as though anyone with any answers has happened upon this thread yet but anyway, the following is what raised the question.

I was reading 'Journeys out of the body' by Robert Monroe and I came across the following account of an experiment that he did back in 1960. For anyone who wants to look it up, I have it on page 173 - 174..

This was an experiment I don't want to try again. I was in the charged Faraday cage (copper screen mesh, above ground, D.C. charge 50kv.). I attempted to move through the cage. I got out of the physical OK, then I seemed to be entangled in a large bag made of flexible wire. The bag gave when I pushed against it, but I couldn't go through it. I struggled like a trapped animal in a snare, and finally went back into the physical. In thinking it over, quite evidently it was not the wire itself, but the electrical field pattern set up in fundamentally the same shape as the cage, but more flexible. Maybe this could be the basis for a "ghost catcher!"

In another account that he gives straight after that one, he is out of body and attempting to visit a friend when he comes to a stop some distance away. He later went out in the physical to the place where he came to a stop and found that it was right where there were "power primaries containing fairly high voltage electrical current."

Now, I don't have much experience of out of body travel. It's happened spontaneously but despite have tried extensively I never managed to do it at will. I do however, often dream quite lucidly and have frequent flying dreams where, when I awake, I am quite sure I have been 'out'. A few times, in these flying dreams, I have found myself near wires that look like power lines strung across the landscape on pylons - likely that is exactly what they are - and I have known somehow that I have to keep well clear of them otherwise they would drag me down. I remember one occasion when that is precisely what happened - I got too close to them and it was like some kind of force dragging me down to the ground, it also seemed to drain my energy so that in my dream I felt somewhat leaden.

Can anyone relate to any of this atall?
One thing that worries me vaguely is that, if the powers that be wanted to control us beyond the physical world, there is something here that could potentially allow them to do this. I also wonder if they could be using something like this phenomenon to prevent people from remote viewing sensitive targets.

Thoughts anyone?

[edit on 26-10-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

One thing that worries me vaguely is that, if the powers that be wanted to control us beyond the physical world, there is something here that could potentially allow them to do this. I also wonder if they could be using something like this phenomenon to prevent people from remote viewing sensitive targets.

Peggy Kane (pioneer in reverse speech) talks about a "net" like a faraday cage put around earth. This short video talks about it.

www.livevideo.com...

Of interest on this video is 94:58

I do know from personal experience having been around people when they have died that there is some type of energy force that leaves, I've felt it and it (that energy force) is physically real.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thankyou for that info, ofhumandescent.

I haven't watched the video yet, being on dial-up it's kinda difficult - though it sounds intriguing and I'd like to see it.

Interesting what you mentioned about the Earth being surrounded like a Faraday cage like that. Raises various questions like - is it something man-made? I can't see it being the result of our electrical power networks if it's truly 'surrounded'. Perhaps this is something connected to the lines of force of the Earth's own magnetic field? I can't think of anything I've come across so far on the effects of magnetism on the subtle body that we travel in out of body.

If anyone has any info or suggestions or experience to add to this, it would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is a great thread and I am looking forward to other peoples input...
Maybe its like when a cordless phone or microwave disrupts a wireless signal for a computer. I guess if pine needles can be suspect of disrupting a wireless signal then a powerline could disrupt our "wireless signal"

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drail
This is a great thread and I am looking forward to other peoples input...
Maybe its like when a cordless phone or microwave disrupts a wireless signal for a computer. I guess if pine needles can be suspect of disrupting a wireless signal then a powerline could disrupt our "wireless signal"

Thankyou for your input, Drail.

Now there's another question - that makes me wonder if the proliferation of mobile phones and the network of masts has any effect on other planes of existence or on our ability to travel around out of body.

It's beginning to look like there may be a huge area of research here, although its clear that I need to do more, much more, digging. It worries me that we might, in effect, be fouling our own waters with all our technology - that the expansion of communications in the physical world might be impinging on our ability to move around in subtler dimensions. It might, on the other hand, be having little to no effect. At this point, I'm rather hoping for some reassurance.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
It's beginning to look like there may be a huge area of research here, although its clear that I need to do more, much more, digging. It worries me that we might, in effect, be fouling our own waters with all our technology - that the expansion of communications in the physical world might be impinging on our ability to move around in subtler dimensions. It might, on the other hand, be having little to no effect. At this point, I'm rather hoping for some reassurance.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by skjalddis]

On that note.. Lets do that(research). Want to try and figure out if its possible that anything we are doing is hindering anything that is beyond our scope of reality? Im sure that some amount of searching through knowngoods of our science can figure at least enough to get started.. and Im sure we can figure a way to test out a theory.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, I started trawling around on the net to see if I could find any answers and the first thing I found is just more questions lol..

However, it does appear that getting 'stuck' around power lines when out of the body may be quite common.

Why do people claim that they get "stuck" near power lines when astral projecting? If we are not magnetic and electric in astral composition, this wouldn't be possible. I'm not saying that the soul has these components, but I do believe the astral vehicle does. It is known that any current-carrying wire is a magnetic field. The magnetic field is created by the uniform motion of electrons in the wire. I remember many dreams in my earlier years about not being able to "fly" past power lines. I also had recurring dreams of large city power stations which attracted me. Could these have been disguised OBE's showing our magnetic nature?

I note that bit about not being able to 'fly' past power lines - that sounds pretty much the same thing that I found.

That is from the list of more questions that I found here:
www.astralvoyage.com...

Another example here..

I have also been able to perceive electric fields when OBE. For awhile, I had a negative-ion generator (electronic air cleaner) set up on a shelf above the head of my bed. It imposes a high-voltage electric field in the air to remove pollen, dust, etc. When I went OBE, I apparently drifted up into the electric field and felt as if I had been electrocuted; I was quickly thrown back down into my body.

That is from an article posted on the same site, here:
www.astralvoyage.com...
which is mainly about hearing radio waves whilst out of the body, and that is interesting and in a way kind of makes sense. If our perception when out of the body is not filtered and restricted the way it is when we rely on our physical sense organs then we must be much more open to perceiving parts of the electromagnetic spectrum that are invisible to us in the body, thus hearing radio waves becomes possible among other things.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Most of my encounters are of electric/static patches up and around cloud level. I've mentioned about these in the OBE thread but still don't really know why there there and what this weird electric feeling is that I get when touching it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Clarky

I guess the electric feeling could be just where you're sensing an electrical field. If these patches are up around cloud level could they be related to the static that builds up in the cloud layer that generates thunderstorms do you think? I imagine that this static generates a lot of the time but only results in storms when it reaches a certain level, so there could be a lot more of it about than we might think. So far I've only really been considering artificially generated electicity, but of course there are natural sources as well - I never thought to consider these. I don't know if that is what you are encountering, but it seems possible. Do you find that these patches hinder you in any way, or that you get kind of 'stuck' in them atall?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

top topics

join